• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly hired!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doug Pederson takes thinly-veiled shot at Chip Kelly's RB use

a HUGE concern if Kelly is stubborn with "forcing" players to fit his system. Here the example is at running back, but it likely applies to all areas on offense. A former player mentioned Kelly was also stuck on running the same plays over with no variation. Together, these two things will NOT make for a play-off team.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Pederson takes thinly-veiled shot at Chip Kelly's RB use

a HUGE concern if Kelly is stubborn with "forcing" players to fit his system. Here the example is at running back, but it likely applies to all areas on offense. A former player mentioned Kelly was also stuck on running the same plays over with no variation. Together, these two things will NOT make for a play-off team.

Good article. Definitely concerns there. There were mistakes made in Philly. Hope he learned from them and adapts.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Grant Cohn: Chip Kelly’s offense plainly a problem for 49ers

Ok, found it. I don't know enough about Kelly's offense so all i can say is IF it is vanilla, yikes! Read the part toward the end where Bethea chimes in. So if the 49ers D was so effective......

There is SOME merit in being good at your base plays, so practicing those extensively makes sense. But the NFL forces you to make tweaks and adjustments all the time, game to game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It’s no coincidence that Chip Kelly’s base run game — inside zone, outside zone, power, and sweep — features a heavy amount of crossover in style and teaching points. As Lombardi did, Kelly believes that it’s more important to do a few things well than a bunch of things poorly. By utilizing a small number of runs that feature many of the exact same blocks, Kelly is able to minimize the amount of material his offensive line needs to learn while still providing them with all of the answers they will need to handle whatever the defense throws at them.

Combined with the high number of reps players receive during practice, Kelly’s system allows his offensive line to spend less time thinking and more time reacting, a key to performing nearly any task at a high level. As Kelly said during his clinic talk, "If you can keep it simple for your players in the offensive line so they have confidence going into a game, you have an opportunity to win the game."

This makes sense when you first install your offense. How long is "first install" depends on your players ability to learn.

Eventually, you'll need to add wrinkles but until the offense gets comfortable, makes sense.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carlos Hyde: Players buying into Chip Kelly’s offensive system

Good to read players are buying into Kelly's system, obviously that is the first big step. On the other hand, it isn't surprising this early in the season.

As long as it has some level of success moving forward, why shouldn't they buy in? Now i get the repetition of certain 'base' plays, but we'll see if he mixes it up a little bit more? Cause we don't want our opponents being able to read the plays.....ala Bethea did last season.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Hyde: Players buying into Chip Kelly’s offensive system

Good to read players are buying into Kelly's system, obviously that is the first big step. On the other hand, it isn't surprising this early in the season.

As long as it has some level of success moving forward, why shouldn't they buy in? Now i get the repetition of certain 'base' plays, but we'll see if he mixes it up a little bit more? Cause we don't want our opponents being able to read the plays.....ala Bethea did last season.

I am sorry, i will believe it when i see it because last year everyone was buying in and then the season started and everything fell apart the first moment they hit any type of adversity.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am sorry, i will believe it when i see it because last year everyone was buying in and then the season started and everything fell apart the first moment they hit any type of adversity.

Yes, buying in now doesn't mean it'll be prolific during the season. The results remains to be seen on the field. BUT, players buying in now is the first step and without it, no chance to succeed. So that is all i can say now, the first step is going well.

Yes, they'll need some level of success for players to remain "bought". This must begin with the Pre-Season games. The players need to see enough success/potential to keep them 100% involved.