• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly hired!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm excited about Chip Kelly being our coach. This is the best thing for Kaep. Our O-Line will be better next year with Kilgore and Davis back. We will need WR help and that's why I'm hoping for Treadwell with the #7 pick.

I've already been saying i don't think Kaep will excel, however this does bring up a good point. Kelly might be good for OTHER players such as Hyde and all O-linemen. Should also help out quick receivers such as Bruce Ellington and DeAndrew white.

Don't know about TE's, which we've seem to have emphasized of late?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already been saying i don't think Kaep will excel, however this does bring up a good point. Kelly might be good for OTHER players such as Hyde and all O-linemen. Should also help out quick receivers such as Bruce Ellington and DeAndrew white.

Don't know about TE's, which we've seem to have emphasized of late?
TE are used in his system. Look at Ertz. 2nd in team catches at 75 catches and 853 yeards. Hyde should really excel in this system. he played the same kind of offense at OSU.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the beat writers are enamored with his ability to handle the press, but that doesn't mean anything. Chip believes he didn't do anything wrong in Philly and he says he is comfortable with the 53 man group. Yet in Philly he brought in DeMarco and didn't use him correctly at all. Call me skeptical on what the season brings. Do I think we will be better than under Tomsula, yes; but will it translate to the success we once enjoyed, I think no.

I agree with bringing in DeMarco and not using him correctly but I felt that was a panic move because he realized the mistake he had made in trading McCoy and tried to make a splash. I honestly think the guy was overwhelmed by having control of an NFL roster and everything that goes with that. So I'm hoping that as just a coach he can do a better job.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with bringing in DeMarco and not using him correctly but I felt that was a panic move because he realized the mistake he had made in trading McCoy and tried to make a splash. I honestly think the guy was overwhelmed by having control of an NFL roster and everything that goes with that. So I'm hoping that as just a coach he can do a better job.
Thats why some of these haters dont understand. Everyone knows Chip is a good coach. He wasnt a good GM. He knows how to coach and that will be his focus here with the 49ers. Just Coach and give your opinion to baalke but baalke will make the final judgement.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never saw so many clueless people on the main board. I have a Dallas fan and Seattle fan trying to tell me 49ers made the worst hire ever. No Tomsula was the worst hire. Any way u look at it its an up grade for the 49ers. Will it work out who knows but right now its an up grade and we should be better next year.

Don't mistake people HOPING that Chip fails as an honest intellectual assessment of his abilities.

Lets hear from the best coach in the NFL:

Bill Belichick: Chip Kelly's firing 'really disappointing'

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Tarver the leading candidate for the DC position?
I haven't heard anything new. Tarver and Martindale are two possible candidates. I hope the 49ers are still looking. I don't know that either of those two would be better than Mangini

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard anything new. Tarver and Martindale are two possible candidates. I hope the 49ers are still looking. I don't know that either of those two would be better than Mangini

I hope Kelly is still looking. He needs to follow Jed's and Trent's lead; he must do a "thorough" search, to leave no stone unturned.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Kelly is still looking. He needs to follow Jed's and Trent's lead; he must do a "thorough" search, to leave no stone unturned.

LOL, I hope they might be looking at some of the coaches on the playoff teams also.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U think he will let the DC pick his Secondary coach and Dline coach? It would make sense.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My worry here. Why jump the gun now? Wait until after the SB. We already know Chipper is the new HC. Let's see who he can get.

So far those two names are being thrown out there but I've heard nothing about interviews yet. Unless they are going to just give it to Tarver it sure doesn't look like they are rushing at this point.