• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly hired!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly will be calling the plays. The OC will help him game plan. OC is a major person to him and he leans on the OC. At the end Kelly will make the final decision on play calling.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened to the press conference. Kind of what I expected. He just isn't going to provide any real information or specific information regarding players. He did sort of deny that he tried to trade for Kaep last year.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
All the beat writers are enamored with his ability to handle the press, but that doesn't mean anything. Chip believes he didn't do anything wrong in Philly and he says he is comfortable with the 53 man group. Yet in Philly he brought in DeMarco and didn't use him correctly at all. Call me skeptical on what the season brings. Do I think we will be better than under Tomsula, yes; but will it translate to the success we once enjoyed, I think no.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Listened to the press conference. Kind of what I expected. He just isn't going to provide any real information or specific information regarding players. He did sort of deny that he tried to trade for Kaep last year.

Yeah tried to discredit the report lol, pretty funny watching him squirm at that moment

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a contrast though between this press conference and Tomsula's conference last year where Tomsula was like a deer in the headlights and Trent had to chime in to answer questions. No doubt at least Kelly is a bright guy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the beat writers are enamored with his ability to handle the press, but that doesn't mean anything. Chip believes he didn't do anything wrong in Philly and he says he is comfortable with the 53 man group. Yet in Philly he brought in DeMarco and didn't use him correctly at all. Call me skeptical on what the season brings. Do I think we will be better than under Tomsula, yes; but will it translate to the success we once enjoyed, I think no.
Cant blame them after what they had to go through last year with Tomsula. This was a breath of fresh air.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah tried to discredit the report lol, pretty funny watching him squirm at that moment
I some what disagree with you. He was straight forward and answered the question quickly. He talked about how he liked bradford.

Overall i think he did a great job and to be honest i liked to listen to him talk football. He had me paying attention. Usually i just have it on in the back round while Im dong something else on the computer at work. LOL

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a contrast though between this press conference and Tomsula's conference last year where Tomsula was like a deer in the headlights and Trent had to chime in to answer questions. No doubt at least Kelly is a bright guy.
yes very bright and he is ready to go. Im excited to see what happens this off season. I have a feeling 49ers will be busy. He loved that we had alot of picks the next 2 years and the amount of cap we have and he has 2 QBs already that he might like. Now if drafts a QB we know he is looking else where in the future. Kap and Gabbert might just be a stop cap for Kelly.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really didn't take anything from this other than Kelly is much better at this than Tomsula at speaking to the press and obviously brighter. This press conference was like a political speech (State of the Union). Short on specifics and an attempt to spin everything in the best possible light.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
actually that is a great way of putting it lol, it really is the state of the union for the 49ers

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really didn't take anything from this other than Kelly is much better at this than Tomsula at speaking to the press and obviously brighter. This press conference was like a political speech (State of the Union). Short on specifics and an attempt to spin everything in the best possible light.

It was obvious he was more comfortable speaking to the press having been a head coach at Oregon and Philadelphia. Let's see if he can guide the Niners to the playoffs. If the Niners do not make the playoffs in the next three years, then we are back to square one. The offense should improve (no where to go but up), 14.9 points per game. I hope he doesn't do that hurry up offense constantly. It's great if the offense is moving the ball and scoring, but if it's three and out most of the time, the defense tires out eventually.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was obvious he was more comfortable speaking to the press having been a head coach at Oregon and Philadelphia. Let's see if he can guide the Niners to the playoffs. If the Niners do not make the playoffs in the next three years, then we are back to square one. The offense should improve (no where to go but up), 14.9 points per game. I hope he doesn't do that hurry up offense constantly. It's great if the offense is moving the ball and scoring, but if it's three and out most of the time, the defense tires out eventually.

I think Kelly know offense. The question becomes who is coaching the defense. My other concern with Kelly is how he is going to relate and communicate with players. Appears to have been an issue in Philly.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kelly know offense. The question becomes who is coaching the defense. My other concern with Kelly is how he is going to relate and communicate with players. Appears to have been an issue in Philly.

This is a concern for me as well. When asked about it by a reporter, he sidestepped the issue. He jokingly answered with "we have ruled out Colonel Mustard in the parlor with a blunt object." He thought he was being funny, yet it was obvious there was discord among him, coaches and players. The owner of the Eagles didn't even allow him to finish the season. As one poster has stated, Chip Kelly feels as though he didn't do anything wrong in Philadelphia. That's a cause for concern.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how this move is going to work. One, Santa Clara has been a terrible place for offensive production. Two, is Hyde gonna be able to handle the scheme and can he stay healthy? As a RB is needed prominently in a Kelly scheme.

The offense should improve under CK. But Kelly is not the mental mind that Harbaugh was.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a concern for me as well. When asked about it by a reporter, he sidestepped the issue. He jokingly answered with "we have ruled out Colonel Mustard in the parlor with a blunt object." He thought he was being funny, yet it was obvious there was discord among him, coaches and players. The owner of the Eagles didn't even allow him to finish the season. As one poster has stated, Chip Kelly feels as though he didn't do anything wrong in Philadelphia. That's a cause for concern.
Yep. I don't think that Chipper is much of a players' coach. He seems to feel he is above them.He's just not the right fit for the 9ers IMO where the likes of Eddie,Bill,Carmen and many others let the players know that they are why this team win games and makes money.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how this move is going to work. One, Santa Clara has been a terrible place for offensive production. Two, is Hyde gonna be able to handle the scheme and can he stay healthy? As a RB is needed prominently in a Kelly scheme.

The offense should improve under CK. But Kelly is not the mental mind that Harbaugh was.

I don't agree with this. Harbaugh was a good motivator and put together a good staff primarily on the defensive side. But Harbaugh was not good at strategy and relied on assistants. The offensive staff was not good at making half time adjustments. The 49er offense under Harbaugh was never great to begin with and was trending downward the last couple of years he was there.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited about Chip Kelly being our coach. This is the best thing for Kaep. Our O-Line will be better next year with Kilgore and Davis back. We will need WR help and that's why I'm hoping for Treadwell with the #7 pick.