• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cards probably need 11 wins

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the playoffs, here's the probable reality:

Green Bay is winning their division. Their schedule is pretty weak and they are arguably playing better than anyone in the NFL now. They should easily beat Tampa and Atlanta and handle Buffalo.

Detroit will be battling us for the WC. Good news is we beat them. Bad news is 3 of their 4 remaining games are against bad teams (Tampa, Chicago, Minnesota). Minimum 10 wins, probably 11.

Philly has two easy ones with Giants and Redskins. Tough ones with SEA and DAL. Minimum 11 wins.
Dallas plays CHI and WAS. Probably safe to say they get a minimum of 10 wins.

Niners will have 8 wins after Sunday and then could get to 10 realistically.

SEA wins at least 2 more. 10 wins, probably 11.

So to win the Division or a WC, no way they can end up 9-7 and have a chance. 10-6 is dangerous too. 11 wins and they are in. Season probably on the line with the KC game. Gotta hold your own at home.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose against KC at home then we're in trouble. The injuries have not only caught up, but have gotten to the point where it's pretty ridiculous. I mean, no starting QB, RB, WR, TE, Backup RB, D-Wash, Dockett, 3 other projected starters on defense plus the Honey Badger.

I understand every team goes through it, but we've lost 6 of our top 10 players to go along with other depth crushing blows. I really wish we could've seen what this team would be able to accomplish with even half of those guys healthy (including Palmer)

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think getting Fitzgerald back with help Stanton big time. Just have to wonder how many injuries a team can suffer and still win ball games. Might be going to the KC game so I'll be rooting the cards pull that out; need to make the playoffs, another 10 win season miss would be hard to take

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering your QB status, I would be surprised if Az wins another game. Tough sledding for you guys.
I think Seattle wins 3 more and wins the NFCW.
I have a more difficult time guessing what SF and StL will do.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can still win games, but they simply cannot get behind by two scores. It's over then. They don't have the guy to mount that kind of a comeback even with 3 quarters to do it.

They are going to have to grind out wins at this point with suffocating defense and turnover-free offense with just enough good plays to score a few more than the other team. They could do this against the Rams, Chiefs and Seahawks (at home). None of those teams have the kind of offense our D can't shut down (within reason) with a little productivity from the offense. Obviously, those three teams all have great defenses so seeing 3 points of output could happen again.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering your QB status, I would be surprised if Az wins another game. Tough sledding for you guys.
I think Seattle wins 3 more and wins the NFCW.
I have a more difficult time guessing what SF and StL will do.

This is an unfortunate reality. The Seahawks really lucked out with the Cardinals misfortune.

Imagine if they were in the Cards situation. No Wilson, Lynch, Back Up RB, #1 receiver, Kam Chan, etc. all at the same time. They would absolutely lose out. I know they had some injuries, but nothing close to what the Cards have had to endure.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can still win games, but they simply cannot get behind by two scores. It's over then. They don't have the guy to mount that kind of a comeback even with 3 quarters to do it.

They are going to have to grind out wins at this point with suffocating defense and turnover-free offense with just enough good plays to score a few more than the other team. They could do this against the Rams, Chiefs and Seahawks (at home). None of those teams have the kind of offense our D can't shut down (within reason) with a little productivity from the offense. Obviously, those three teams all have great defenses so seeing 3 points of output could happen again.

Stanton is statistically much better at home, but we have to play 100% mistake free football to have a chance.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I agree with needing 11 wins to feel safe about a playoff spot. Feels like there will be a 10-6 NFC team left out.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an unfortunate reality. The Seahawks really lucked out with the Cardinals misfortune.

Imagine if they were in the Cards situation. No Wilson, Lynch, Back Up RB, #1 receiver, Kam Chan, etc. all at the same time. They would absolutely lose out. I know they had some injuries, but nothing close to what the Cards have had to endure.

No doubt that the injuries have been a killer for your season. At 8-4 we create some of our own luck.:rollseyes:

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Cards will beat KC in The Toaster

and move to 10-3.

After that, imo, they gotta win 1 of their last 3 games to move to 11-5 and win the NFC West.

IF Stanton does not improve though, it'll be a quick playoff exit.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and move to 10-3.

After that, imo, they gotta win 1 of their last 3 games to move to 11-5 and win the NFC West.

IF Stanton does not improve though, it'll be a quick playoff exit.

That win would have to come against the Seahawks. That gives us at least a fighting chance...:hope:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11-5 might get us into the playoffs but it will not get us home field. An early exit is probably inevitable no matter the scenario...

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've resigned myself to the fact long ago that this team can't go to the Super Bowl with Drew Stanton, much less Stanton with no Fitz, Ellington, etc. BUT...I would still consider the season a massive success if they make the playoffs period. If they told us who would be injured all year before the season started I don't think anyone would have predicted they'd have much more than 5 wins at this point.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that win is against the Hawks so we can finish the season 8-0 at home. IF we could knock RW out of the game it would be a even fight. He's the X factor in the game. St. Louis is up next though and playing well.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson is so over-rated. Their elite defense is the X-factor. If Seattle had a Tom Brady running their offense, they'd be beating everyone like 50-3. RW works great in their system, a system that relies on a Defense to shut down the opponent and allow them to be conservative on offense (no turnovers) and score more than the enemy.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW is what keeps the offense going. Without his scrambling ability to extend plays, that team would be in trouble. He's not a great passer, but he does have intangibles and better than any QB by far that we have healthy.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW fits their system really well, but that is a team that would have won the Super Bowl with 15-20 other QBs too. Their defense is what keeps their wins going, just like ours.