• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardale Jones.......

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing none of yall are considering is this. Let's say we do draft Cardale Jones, by some unknown force of destiny. He is a huge, HUGE project. He needs to grow up and has the same painful slow/non existent decision making skills that most young athletic QBs have.

How many "project" players have the Marvin Lewis Bengals drafted in the past 12 years that have actually panned out? Show of hands? Anyone? Buehler?

Jones would need to go to a coaching staff with the ability to teach him, let him develop, refine his skills. Do any of you cats actually think the Bengals coaching staff is capable of this? I could just see the circus of this kid playing for Mike Brown and being "developed" by Zampese and Marv. Lmao.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing none of yall are considering is this. Let's say we do draft Cardale Jones, by some unknown force of destiny. He is a huge, HUGE project. He needs to grow up and has the same painful slow/non existent decision making skills that most young athletic QBs have.

How many "project" players have the Marvin Lewis Bengals drafted in the past 12 years that have actually panned out? Show of hands? Anyone? Buehler?

Jones would need to go to a coaching staff with the ability to teach him, let him develop, refine his skills. Do any of you cats actually think the Bengals coaching staff is capable of this? I could just see the circus of this kid playing for Mike Brown and being "developed" by Zampese and Marv. Lmao.

We should just give up altogether then. We suck. We will always suck. The sooner we accept it, the better off we will be.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should just give up altogether then. We suck. We will always suck. The sooner we accept it, the better off we will be.

Just calling it like I see it. Not like we don't have decades worth of history on our side. I'd love to believe Jones would be the savior this team has needed for 40 years. But then reality sets in that we are the Bengals.

I'd love to be more positive. But what is there to be positive with this bunch? The loyal fans (like yourself) and many others here, have been slapped in the face over and over and over again by a franchise and owner who couldn't give a flying rats dick about winning, achievement, improvement, the community or the people who support this team. Nothing will ever change.

Nothing new here, just rambling. I'll shut up now.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just calling it like I see it. Not like we don't have decades worth of history on our side. I'd love to believe Jones would be the savior this team has needed for 40 years. But then reality sets in that we are the Bengals.

I'd love to be more positive. But what is there to be positive with this bunch? The loyal fans (like yourself) and many others here, have been slapped in the face over and over and over again by a franchise and owner who couldn't give a flying rats dick about winning, achievement, improvement, the community or the people who support this team. Nothing will ever change.

Nothing new here, just rambling. I'll shut up now.

You speak the truth. I'm not saying Jones is our savior. I just want Andy Dalton replaced, and it would be nice to be able to develop his replacement here for a couple of years. I still believe Jones has the ability to succeed eventually. I never advocated an early pick on him, but he'd be a better 4th or 5th round choice than our next Robert Geathers or Domata Peko. I'm not dumb enough to think he's going to get a chance here. Hell, he's probably not going to come out anyway, which makes this whole discussion another exercise of pissing into the wind, something us Bengals fans are used to. In the end Andy and Marvin will probably still be here long after my demise.

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Let's start him day 1. He's ready to go

what's a few meaningless losses. How can you even argue over draft picks and projects. We are doomed anyway Fucking San Diego, Hueston, and the colts...It don't get easier than that buckeroos

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You speak the truth. I'm not saying Jones is our savior. I just want Andy Dalton replaced, and it would be nice to be able to develop his replacement here for a couple of years. I still believe Jones has the ability to succeed eventually. I never advocated an early pick on him, but he'd be a better 4th or 5th round choice than our next Robert Geathers or Domata Peko. I'm not dumb enough to think he's going to get a chance here. Hell, he's probably not going to come out anyway, which makes this whole discussion another exercise of pissing into the wind, something us Bengals fans are used to. In the end Andy and Marvin will probably still be here long after my demise.

Attachments

• mikebrown.jpg
    mikebrown.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 67

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got done reading all 2542 posts regarding the NC game. I am an idiot. I literally feel dumber now and that may be saying something considering how dumb some of you think I am already! haha

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets just all hold our breath until Jones announces his decision.

then we can complain about how the Bengals handle that decision.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is returning to school.

If he is as good as you guys think and we finally have our tank year, we'll get a shot at him next year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he is as good as you guys think and we finally have our tank year, we'll get a shot at him next year.

The Bengals won't tank...don't you know...the calvary is coming:

Jones, Eiffert, Burfict, Smith...

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have to take him with a top 10 pick probably or top 3, depending on play time.

He was already projected this year as a late 1st early 2nd rounder.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's the starter, Jones or Barrett? If Jones sits all season behind a healthy Barrett, he made imo a huge mistake. I guess Barrett can always come out after next season giving Jones a shot in 2016. I think he'd have been better off on a pro roster, getting pro coaching as a 3rd stringer for a couple of years. Love his tools but if he sits all next year he's going to be stale.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As you said in another post, it's not going to be easy to totally tank against the upcoming schedule. We do still have Marvin, Mike and Dalton though, so there is hope.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see him sitting all season. It's college football, more than 1 QB can play, Barrett got hurt once, he'll do it again.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's the starter, Jones or Barrett? If Jones sits all season behind a healthy Barrett, he made imo a huge mistake. I guess Barrett can always come out after next season giving Jones a shot in 2016. I think he'd have been better off on a pro roster, getting pro coaching as a 3rd stringer for a couple of years. Love his tools but if he sits all next year he's going to be stale.

There's no way he's sitting. He's the starter.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now, he's going back. sit and wait, with several games, tape, and so on the press will either start singing his praises or criticizing his every breath. His throwing mechanics will be spot under the microscope, the scheme he runs will be put to scrutiny to see if it translates well to the NFL. sanity will resume.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would red shirt Barrett give him a full year to recover, ask Braxton Miller to rethink transferring, as he only has to compete with Cardale Jones. Give the starting QB job to Miller eventually, ruin Jones's draft status, but he is there for backup if Miller gets hurt.

Miller then finishes his last year of eligibility at OSU, Cardale is super backup with ruined draft status so the Bengals can take him in the 3rd or 4th round next year, and you do not use up a year of eligibility with Barrett during this transition.

BAM! A win-win for everyone except Cardale Jones, who will inherit a tremendous offense by the time he is drafted. hahaha

Okay, my day dream is over. Back to reality.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would red shirt Barrett give him a full year to recover, ask Braxton Miller to rethink transferring, as he only has to compete with Cardale Jones. Give the starting QB job to Miller eventually, ruin Jones's draft status, but he is there for backup if Miller gets hurt.

Miller then finishes his last year of eligibility at OSU, Cardale is super backup with ruined draft status so the Bengals can take him in the 3rd or 4th round next year, and you do not use up a year of eligibility with Barrett during this transition.

BAM! A win-win for everyone except Cardale Jones, who will inherit a tremendous offense by the time he is drafted. hahaha

it's ok to have enthusiasm.
it means you're still young.

unlike this lady, she's older than all of us... literally, older than all 7.5 billion of us:
Misao-Okawa-004.jpg

that pic is actually a year old, she's 116

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think JT was red shirted last year.