• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caps-Habs GNT - Ciccarelli Honored, Retro Jerseys, more

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Capitals and Habs face off at 7:30pm this evening. Interesting week for the Caps who face the Habs (knocked us out in 2010), the Bolts (division leader), and the Pens (rival and knocked us out in 2009) as they try to get their offense back on track.

THE LINEUP
Biggest news of the day is that Alex Semin may return this evening. Word is he will be a "game-time decision," which I don't really understand. If he is borderline, why rush him back? I'd rather he sits out one or two more and is healthy in the last 29 than getting him in for one more game at home. In any case, he may be on the ice tonight. On a related note, its expected that Poti will return in one week and Fehr will be back in two weeks.

Varlamov and Price will be in net, though there apparently is an issue with Price's equipment arriving from Raleigh. So if he's wearing a different mask tonight, you'll know why.

RETRO JERSEY NIGHT
Caps will wear their Winter Classic jerseys for "Turn Back the Clock" Night at Verizon Center. THe Habs are going to be wearing a jersey from the 1910s (see picture below). It's not clear to me if the turning back of the clock will mean traditional jersey colors (white - home, color - away) to reflect how it used to be done, but it would appear so.

130-1516_2.JPG

DINO HONORED
Dino Ciccarelli may not hold any team records and spent more of his career as a North Star, but is probably in the top 5 in popularity among most Capitals' fans. The guy was simply one of the greatest "scrappers" ever to play the game and had a flare for dramatic and timely goals. He is 2nd in franchise history only to Alex Ovechkin in playoff goals per game. He will be honored tonight in a ceremony before the game (you know, trying to make the Habs feel comfortable on the road with a pre-game ceremony).

Way to go, 22.

dinociccarelli2.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Nice. Dino was one of my favourite players.

In his rookie year (Minnesota Northstars), he flipped me a puck after a pre-game skate.
That was the coolest thing in the world to a 10 year old kid. I still have it.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Dino! He was a little before I remember watching the Caps, but my dad always liked him. Should be fun with the old sweaters

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Dino! He was a little before I remember watching the Caps, but my dad always liked him. Should be fun with the old sweaters

What are you trying to say about me, Ritari?!?!

hahaha. ;)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his rookie year (Minnesota Northstars), he flipped me a puck after a pre-game skate.
That was the coolest thing in the world to a 10 year old kid. I still have it.

That IS awesome!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a fun night.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good little ceremony for Dino, I still think the caps should wear these old unis a half dozen times a year, just because. Plus I like them with the red pants, but maybe that's just me

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matty Perreault! 1-0 Caps, Price shoulda had that one

I'm at work still. About to head home and will watch this on the DVR later.

Viva Perreault!!! Seriously, they need to send him down to the AHL every other game. He scores EVERY time after a call up.

85! 85! 85!

Almost got a free ticket to this game tonight. Glad I'm not there. I'd only jinx it.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
a little tidbit from the Canadian feed:

Carey Price's gear didn't arrive until very late.... and it arrived FROZEN.
"as a creature of habit, it could explain Price's cold start"