• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can the Bills go 4-12 this year?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills are clearly giving him a chance, as he's the backup QB, with only Thad Lewis behind him on the practice squad.

And I get that and sorry if you guys misunderstand me. I just believe the guy is really good and just letting your fans know dont jump off a cliff or hate the guy because he was undrafted and had the shittiest coach in CFB coaching him his last season. He has ever bit the talent that Manuel does, he is just so raw.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Tuel personally at all. It's not his fault. Seems like a pretty decent guy actually. I hate the Bills for their usual poor vision and planning to be in a situation where they are starting an undrafted rookie in Week 1. Idiots.

The "he should be good since he played on a bad team with a bad offensive line and was running for his life in college" logic was used for Trent Edwards in the past. We all know how that "worked out".

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Tuel personally at all. It's not his fault. Seems like a pretty decent guy actually. I hate the Bills for their usual poor vision and planning to be in a situation where they are starting an undrafted rookie in Week 1. Idiots.

The "he should be good since he played on a bad team with a bad offensive line and was running for his life in college" logic was used for Trent Edwards in the past. We all know how that "worked out".

You cant predict injuries and they had 3 QBs on roster going into camp. and then starting the preseason games.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see how the Bills had poor vision. They brought in a vet QB to hold the fort until their 1st round pick QB was ready. Vet gets injured, rookie gets more work and looks good. Vet returns, rookie gets hurt for the remainder of the preseason. Vet gets concussed in preseason game #3. #3 undrafted rookie QB projected to start unless the 1st rounder gets healthy. 1st rounder returns to practice for a full week leading up to the 1st game and will start.

The only thing they could've prepared for was to get a vet QB less susceptible to concussions. Kolb does have a history with them, and may be done after this one.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about having a few serviceable NFL QBs competing to make the team? Relying on Kolb to remain healthy for more than 5 minutes isn't wise. So the predictable happens...Kolb gets hurt (twice before finally hittin' the scrap heap). The unpredictable happens when Manuel gets injured. No criticism there...until you see their backup plan is Jeff Tuel and....well, nobody. Hot Tub Matty comes in for a hilarious few drives in desperation and Thad Lewis is traded for. The Bills become NFL punchlines earlier than ever (before Week 1!).

Pretty poor vision if you ask me. We had a bazillion WRs competing for a spot, but QB was treated like it so solid it required no Plan Bs or Cs.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about having a few serviceable NFL QBs competing to make the team? Relying on Kolb to remain healthy for more than 5 minutes isn't wise. So the predictable happens...Kolb gets hurt (twice before finally hittin' the scrap heap). The unpredictable happens when Manuel gets injured. No criticism there...until you see their backup plan is Jeff Tuel and....well, nobody. Hot Tub Matty comes in for a hilarious few drives in desperation and Thad Lewis is traded for. The Bills become NFL punchlines earlier than ever (before Week 1!).

Pretty poor vision if you ask me. We had a bazillion WRs competing for a spot, but QB was treated like it so solid it required no Plan Bs or Cs.

I will say the cut Jackson way to early but name another QB that would be any better then Kolb that would have signed to compete for probably a back up position.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how trading for Thad Lewis is a punchline. He made their practice squad, and all they gave up was a guy they were going to cut anyway (White).

Who do you suggest they should've brought in to compete to make the team? There really weren't any names out there that I can recall. Maybe Pat White (who has played well in the preseason as an RG3 lite, but the Redskins snapped him up in early April.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit...now Mario has plantar fasciitis? We are so toast.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we can go 4-12. The Jags looked awful and the Browns looked worse than the Bills in Week 1. The Jets still look beatable despite their win. And maybe New England is playing all their backups by Week 17? So much promise!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we can go 4-12. The Jags looked awful and the Browns looked worse than the Bills in Week 1. The Jets still look beatable despite their win. And maybe New England is playing all their backups by Week 17? So much promise!

By "we", do you mean the Cardinals?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty sad...a Rams fan follows me all the way to the Bills board to talk trash. Just head to the Cards board...Bills fans aren't going to care.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty sad...a Rams fan follows me all the way to the Bills board to talk trash. Just head to the Cards board...Bills fans aren't going to care.

Not at all. I live in Western NY (Rochester) and the Bills are my second favorite team, trailing the Rams by the smallest of margins. I assumed you were a Cards fan, not a Bills fan. Did you move from Buffalo to AZ?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying it makes more sense to go to a Rams or Cardinals board to talk about the Rams or Cardinals. Bills fans have enough to worry about without having to talk about some team they rarely play that has no relevance to them.

And a retort about a post made about the Bills referencing the Cards/Rams game...well, it just doesn't really make any sense. I hope I don't have to elaborate as to why?

What's your prediction for Bills v. Panthers?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying it makes more sense to go to a Rams or Cardinals board to talk about the Rams or Cardinals. Bills fans have enough to worry about without having to talk about some team they rarely play that has no relevance to them.

And a retort about a post made about the Bills referencing the Cards/Rams game...well, it just doesn't really make any sense. I hope I don't have to elaborate as to why?

What's your prediction for Bills v. Panthers?

I didn't recognize you as a Bills fan, thought you were trolling to some extent, that's all.

Bills/Panthers is a tough call. Panthers were shaky offensively last week, but have a tough front 7. Should be another close game if the Bills can contain Cam.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now we're going to struggle

Our line isn't very good so Carolinas front 7 worries me

If Manuel gets time then we have a shot

Our moral victory of almost beating the Patriots has taken a hit.

This division is the worst its been in a long time

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the close game against the Pats doesn't mean as much now that the Jets did the same.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Division is 2-0 in playing foes outside it so it may not be as bad as it seems. Jets appear to have a serviceable defense. Pats don't look that impressive...and are still 2-0.

I didn't need the Jets game to tell me a close loss to the Pats means nothing when I have a decade of such losses to reference for the Bills to remind me.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If EJ Manuel is injured, the 4-12 season is pretty much a lock unless they can get Josh Freeman...and this isn't because EJ is so great, it's more because Jeff Tuel is beyond pathetic.

Bills greatly out-coached yet again. Doug Marrone is still learning the intricacies of the the basic NFL rule book. It's week 5 and he's clearly baffled about proper use of the challenge flag. Let me give you a quick primer, Doug: Other team fumbles and refs don't call it...CHALLENGE! It's not the refs fault when they make that bad call...it's yours since you have the ability to get it corrected and just sat there with that usual dumbfounded look on your face.

One day, the Bills will hire a legit NFL head coach and realize going cheap for this part of the team is lunacy.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to reflect!!! The 4-12 prediction is still within our grasp! They have to go 1-5 to make it happen and the odds are not good since 4 of those 6 games are against TERRIBLE teams. You'd think the bills can find 2 wins amongst Atlanta, Tampa, Jacksonville and Miami (without half their O-line)...but this is the Bills...we know they can find ways to lose.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, forget Atlanta....

They are now out of the playoffs. Even the most delusional Bills fan will have to admit that. And they now have no reason to win another game...which is usually exactly when they get on a roll. So I'm a bit concerned they will crack that 4-win milestone, but I am firm in my convictions.

This team can lose against anyone.