• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can the Bills go 4-12 this year?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How pathetic is this team? I think we Bills fans need a little perspective. JEFF TUEL is starting in Week 1!! If you thought drafting EJ Manuel with the first round pick was sad, how about having your opening day QB starter being a guy that didn't get drafted AT ALL?

It is kind of hilarious I suppose...you go six straight drives without being able to manufacture a first down against Redskins backups and, of course, are promptly annointed the opening day QB starter! Only in Buffalo.

The rumors of Matt Leinart joining the circus just made it more laughable. If you are going to target a teams QB cast-offs, wouldn't Arizona post-Kurt Warner be the LAST team you'd do that with? Maybe they can trade for Derek Anderson.

I just don't know how even the most delusional Bills fan can get excited about this team. I guess we can hope the Jets will be just as bad. Browns. Jags. Maybe Dolphins? Probably a few wins in there somewhere.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they were only going to get 5 wins even with Manuel starting. and the play calling was horrible against the Redskins. They twice for no gain then throw it twelve yards every time the entire second half. If they decide to mix up the play calling and our defense doesnt suck then we will be competitive week 1.... still probably lose though.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be a long year sirs, this team is already hit with injuries, seriously how does this happen every year?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By some miracle (and yes, it would require something similar to the parting of the Red Sea) the Bills win in Week 1 with Tuel, it would sting the Pats even more since they worked him out and decided not go give him a try in favor of adding Tebow.

Jarius Byrd seems like he'd rather be anywhere else than Buffalo right now judging from his recent comments. Suck it up little guy, strap on the pads and step up instead of shedding $6.9 million dollar tears. We don't feel bad for you.

Belicheat v. Doug Marrone...good lord...what is the spread for this game?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be worse, we could be Jets or Raiders fans. I bet both of those teams would love to have Tuel right now.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Tuel is better than EJ Manuel, just watch he will push you in the direction you need to go.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd much rather be a Jets fan. They were in the AFC championship twice in recent memory. I'd even rather be one this year. If you are going to suck, at least be entertaining.

The Raiders...yeah...you probably make a good point there. I'd take Matt Flynn right about now though.

And I am not taking solace from a Wazzu guy that Jeff Tuel will be our savior, lol. I hope he is because it would be an amazing story, maybe the most incredible story in the NFL this year...but that's just because it would defy all logic.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Tuel hasn't fumbled by running into his own linemans butt or thrown 3 picks in a preseason game, were better off than the Jets

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of all the QB's on the Bills. I think Jeff Tuel is the only one who has actually experience always been on a team with inferior talent to most opponents and running for his life and has still performed great until Mike Leach.

Doubt he will be a savior and will likely lose the job but he is actually a solid QB that has the skills to be a mid 20's ranking type of QB if he is allowed to use his legs and can get the confidence of his teammates. Doesn't have a cannon but is not only the most efficient passer in WSU history, but also the most sacked QB in Pac-10/12 history.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do realize we are using the Jets and Raiders as standards to compare out team with? This sometimes gets lost as Bills fans, but it's really quite sad. It's the talk of perpetual bottom-feeders. And to paint as positive someone could be a QB in the mid-20s (so...better than a few other crappy NFL starters)...ugh, Bills suck.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of all the QB's on the Bills. I think Jeff Tuel is the only one who has actually experience always been on a team with inferior talent to most opponents and running for his life and has still performed great until Mike Leach.

Doubt he will be a savior and will likely lose the job but he is actually a solid QB that has the skills to be a mid 20's ranking type of QB if he is allowed to use his legs and can get the confidence of his teammates. Doesn't have a cannon but is not only the most efficient passer in WSU history, but also the most sacked QB in Pac-10/12 history.

I'm not quite sure I would include being on a terrible college team as a plus on the resume. I like him as a reserve prospect, but I don't think he'll ever be more than a Frank Reich type (career backup that can perform in a pinch).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do realize we are using the Jets and Raiders as standards to compare out team with? This sometimes gets lost as Bills fans, but it's really quite sad. It's the talk of perpetual bottom-feeders. And to paint as positive someone could be a QB in the mid-20s (so...better than a few other crappy NFL starters)...ugh, Bills suck.

Don't get carried away, I only mentioned those 2 teams as being worse off QB-wise than the Bills without Manuel and Kolb. Manuel will be back very soon, if not week 1.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think Kolb is coming back, or if he even should. He's the slowest healer in NFL history too. If he does return and plays, he won't be doing it for long.

Manuel returning makes me feel a little better only because he's an unknown quantity. I KNOW Hot Tub Matty, Jeff Tuel, and Thaddeus Lewis suck. I just THINK Manuel will. Has anyone made a call to Brett Favre??

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we count the 2 preseason wins?

Seriously, I think 4-12 is possible, but that's about it.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it will be a rough season if you look at projections though I have seen people project from 2 wins to 8 wins

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not quite sure I would include being on a terrible college team as a plus on the resume. I like him as a reserve prospect, but I don't think he'll ever be more than a Frank Reich type (career backup that can perform in a pinch).

Not trying to be rude but isn't that kind of what the Bills are? I'm not saying he will turn the franchise around but give him a legitimate chance before being start being negative about him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be rude but isn't that kind of what the Bills are? I'm not saying he will turn the franchise around but give him a legitimate chance before being start being negative about him.

He's not going to start over their 1st round pick Manuel unless he simply is too hurt to play. Any chance Tuel gets is going to be brief.

I don't see how being a great player on a terrible college team gets you ready to help a team get out of it's rut. All it means is that Tuel is not used to playing with solid division 1 players, let alone NFL quality players.

I'm not taking a shot at Tuel or your team, just your reasoning. I'm happy the Bills grabbed Tuel as an UDFA and that he's played well to this point.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not going to start over their 1st round pick Manuel unless he simply is too hurt to play. Any chance Tuel gets is going to be brief.

I don't see how being a great player on a terrible college team gets you ready to help a team get out of it's rut. All it means is that Tuel is not used to playing with solid division 1 players, let alone NFL quality players.

I'm not taking a shot at Tuel or your team, just your reasoning. I'm happy the Bills grabbed Tuel as an UDFA and that he's played well to this point.

I hear, I just mean he is use to a bad line with little protection. I don't really see how that doesn't equate to playing in the NFL with a bad line against superior defenders.

I know he won't start over a healthy Manuel or even keep his job but give the guy a chance. He has only played quarterback for 3 1/2 years

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills are clearly giving him a chance, as he's the backup QB, with only Thad Lewis behind him on the practice squad.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston has 2 pretty good backups. They may even be better than Matt Schaub.

Would the Bills ever want to trade for one of them?