• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton has a valid complaint..

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you invite contact that is just part of what comes with the territory. Cam has laid some players out over the years so players have figured out they have to hit him and remind him they are there. The Panthers have struggled when Cam takes some harder hits as he starts throwing more off his back foot and throwing early. I'm not saying it is legal what is all happening to him but it is just part of what happens.

Well it is happening, if that is your point.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shots I agree with Cam on have mostly come in the pocket...just last week a guy dove at his legs in the pocket...Rodgers ran half a dz times last week...at no point was he taking a shot to the head. Even dove head first to get a 1st down once...if he takes a shot to the head, the flag is coming out automatic....but if you are going run the read option and lower your head like a RB to gain yardage, yes, you should be treated like a RB.

Yes but it doesn't take a hard tackle to get Rodgers down. He is slick but he doesn't try to run over people like you see with Cam. So I think with that yes Cam is treated even in the pocket as a bit more of a RB. Probably not fair but I think he kind of eggs on some of that contact with his actions.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a horrible look for the NFL and something they would keep at all costs from getting out if true.

I just think he is feeling the pressure this year coming from all angles. There are a lot of blown calls but I am not sure if they are disproportionate.

The referee's job is to watch the QB primarily on pass plays...not that many calls get missed against QBs on a week in week out basis...you hit them late, low, hand the face mask, helmet to helmet...if they are in the pocket that's a flag and they're not missing it that often.

I do think far too many have been "missed" when it comes to Cam...why? IDK, but clearly he felt the need to put it on stage after the AZ game....and they won this game so it had nothing to do with pressure imo...as stupid as he looked on that podium in that outfit (maybe it was a early Halloween costume), he appear to be fed up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already mentioned the valid hits on Cam, but there are many that are clearly illegal hits, those should be called.
With Julio my complaint is about 2 games where his arm was held down, leaving virtually no chance to catch the ball and likely costing The Falcons 2 games.

Right but you are ignoring the countless times I have seen him do just as much shoving to get himself open. When players are more physical the refs let more go. They know the players that are physical heading into games. Now yes I would have called a couple of those pass interference calls for sure but you can't just ignore the other side of the equation either. How many times in those 2 games did he shove off the defender after 5 yards to help get himself a step or two? Or how about in those jump balls get just as handsy as the defender?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but it doesn't take a hard tackle to get Rodgers down. He is slick but he doesn't try to run over people like you see with Cam. So I think with that yes Cam is treated even in the pocket as a bit more of a RB. Probably not fair but I think he kind of eggs on some of that contact with his actions.

It's not a question that he is or not...he is alright. Essentially you're saying Shaq rules apply in the pocket here, which shouldn't fly. Ben is a big guy, shrugs off tackles in the pocket and he may not get the call as quickly as Brady, but it's at another level with Cam imo...I really do think his actions make officials turn a blind.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a horrible look for the NFL and something they would keep at all costs from getting out if true.

I just think he is feeling the pressure this year coming from all angles. There are a lot of blown calls but I am not sure if they are disproportionate.
Racist

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a question that he is or not...he is alright. Essentially you're saying Shaq rules apply in the pocket here, which shouldn't fly. Ben is a big guy, shrugs off tackles in the pocket and he may not get the call as quickly as Brady, but it's at another level with Cam imo...I really do think his actions make officials turn a blind.

I think this year it has been a bit more out there but in past years I don't think it really has. I've watched plenty of his games and it wasn't until this year that he started complaining about these issues. He definitely has a reason to complain this year but I'm not willing to go as far as you on this being on another level.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of you guys have said that you think the refs let hits on Cam go unflagged because they don't like him dancing around and stuff.

Do you think that's okay?

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The referee's job is to watch the QB primarily on pass plays...not that many calls get missed against QBs on a week in week out basis...you hit them late, low, hand the face mask, helmet to helmet...if they are in the pocket that's a flag and they're not missing it that often.

I do think far too many have been "missed" when it comes to Cam...why? IDK, but clearly he felt the need to put it on stage after the AZ game....and they won this game so it had nothing to do with pressure imo...as stupid as he looked on that podium in that outfit (maybe it was a early Halloween costume), he appear to be fed up.

Yeah I think they are missing a bunch but someone claimed a stat he isn't even in the top 10 of missed calls. I think that info did come from Adam Schefter AKA League Lap Dog AKA Goodel's Bitch so I don't know how much I believe it.

The thing is they are missing calls both in and out for Cam. I understand his frustration but I don't think complaining about it at the press conference was the best medium since he is already so polarizing.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I have ever watch a QB in the NFL play with as much physicality as Cam. He has no problem engaging with a defender and running him over. Yet he wants to be treated like he is a pocket passer?

It doesn't work that way. Change your game, Cam, if you want fewer hard hits.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this year it has been a bit more out there but in past years I don't think it really has. I've watched plenty of his games and it wasn't until this year that he started complaining about these issues. He definitely has a reason to complain this year but I'm not willing to go as far as you on this being on another level.

I'm saying this season specifically. Compared to other QBs...yes, another level, and the only reason I'm supporting his claim. Maybe you've seen it not get called, but I'm seeing helmet to helmet blows to a QB in the pocket get called...I've seen Cam take 3+ such shots w/o a flag...this year alone.

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right but you are ignoring the countless times I have seen him do just as much shoving to get himself open. When players are more physical the refs let more go. They know the players that are physical heading into games. Now yes I would have called a couple of those pass interference calls for sure but you can't just ignore the other side of the equation either. How many times in those 2 games did he shove off the defender after 5 yards to help get himself a step or two? Or how about in those jump balls get just as handsy as the defender?

Pushing is one thing, as long as the db is looking toward the ball, it gets over most times. Grabbing a receiver's arm is another thing altogether. That isn't an equal contest, a receiver will almost never catch the ball when he's being pulled by an arm. It's close to having a LB trip a RB who he can't tackle, it's cheap.

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying this season specifically. Compared to other QBs...yes, another level, and the only reason I'm supporting his claim. Maybe you've seen it not get called, but I'm seeing helmet to helmet blows to a QB in the pocket get called...I've seen Cam take 3+ such shots w/o a flag...this year alone.

I saw 2 head shots to Cam in 1 game. One was ridiculously blatant.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think they are missing a bunch but someone claimed a stat he isn't even in the top 10 of missed calls. I think that info did come from Adam Schefter AKA League Lap Dog AKA Goodel's Bitch so I don't know how much I believe it.

The thing is they are missing calls both in and out for Cam. I understand his frustration but I don't think complaining about it at the press conference was the best medium since he is already so polarizing.

Not against QBs inthe pocket imo, but I'm not watching every game obviously.

Agree 100% with this in bold. His HC, owner, somebody other than him should be leading this parade.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of you guys have said that you think the refs let hits on Cam go unflagged because they don't like him dancing around and stuff.

Do you think that's okay?
If you were dancing, I'd hit you , in the azz that is