• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caleb Williams

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it conceivable williams tells the bears he will not play for them?

Didn't Elway do that?

If williams dad did indeed claim that williams would return to college if the wrong team had #1, then it could happen.

Rumor did have it that williams did only want to play for 5 teams. These are rumors.
Kingsbury swears by Caleb, and he was early on Mahomes. If Caleb is REALLY Mahomes, you gotta make a run. There is nothing anyone could offer the Chiefs for Mahomes. Those type of players are priceless. I have my doubts that Caleb is actually Mahomes.

As of now, I still take Jayden and move on, but if Kingsbury is standing on the table for Caleb behind the scenes, they might want to go get him.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When dealing with the #1 pick overall, you can throw that chart out the window. The real question is, what will it take to convince the Bears to pass on Caleb Williams?

If we walk in with those charts on some, well the chart here says.......

The Bears are going to say, I don't give a fk about your charts. We want to draft Caleb, we think he's Mahomes, and if you want him, this is what it's going to take.

Caleb williams can help in that department...lol

He can always tell the bears he prefers to not play for them.

Will it happen, probably not but it could.
If Caleb is the supposed next Mahomes then the bears aren’t going to pass on that talent twice period .

Scouts told us 4 short yrs ago that Chase was a generational talent and each and every one of them got a load of infected sperm shoved up their asses. And we passed on Herbert and Tua to end up with the opportunity to draft a comp. Pick 3rd rounder because of theses scouts and experts.

Drake maye has been compared to Josh Allen and Justin Herbert

Jayden Daniel’s has. Been compared to Lamar Jackson and Randal Cunningham.

So please tell me why I should entertain giving up valuable draft capitol and/or players because a Josh Allen / Randal Cunningham just aren’t good enough ?

Look if Williams falls to us then hey run that selection up to the podium and give Goodell a gentle cock squeeze ( but firm )

But please do not trade up to get a guy when you have 2 very good options there for you

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When dealing with the #1 pick overall, you can throw that chart out the window. The real question is, what will it take to convince the Bears to pass on Caleb Williams?

The Bears are going to say, I don't give a fk about your charts. We want to draft Caleb, we think he's Mahomes, and if you want him, this is what it's going to take.

This is probably true, yet I dont believe that this answer by the Bears would need to be the final say on the matter.

For example, if the Bears say exactly that, I would hope the Commanders would answer something to the effect of, “fine. Draft williams as the second coming of Mahommes, thereby tanking Fields’ trade value and we’ll just have to be happy with MHJ - also a generational talent, and shore up our oline with your second round pick.”

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably true, yet I dont believe that this answer by the Bears would need to be the final say on the matter.

For example, if the Bears say exactly that, I would hope the Commanders would answer something to the effect of, “fine. Draft williams as the second coming of Mahommes, thereby tanking Fields’ trade value and we’ll just have to be happy with MHJ - also a generational talent, and shore up our oline with your second round pick.”
I wouldn't pitch a fit if they went MHJ, but damn, punt on QB again with a top 2 pick? Ballsy

RedskinzDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Williams is the real deal and would love for the "Redskins" to draft him. Not a fan of trading up, never seems to work out. Now if the "Commies" are doing the trading....go for and crash and burn. Basically, if they change the name back to Redskins or Warriors....I would love them to draft Williams at 2. If they keep the Commies name, hopefully they trade 3 1st to move up and he fails miserably.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Caleb is the supposed next Mahomes then the bears aren’t going to pass on that talent twice period .

Scouts told us 4 short yrs ago that Chase was a generational talent and each and every one of them got a load of infected sperm shoved up their asses. And we passed on Herbert and Tua to end up with the opportunity to draft a comp. Pick 3rd rounder because of theses scouts and experts.

Drake maye has been compared to Josh Allen and Justin Herbert

Jayden Daniel’s has. Been compared to Lamar Jackson and Randal Cunningham.

So please tell me why I should entertain giving up valuable draft capitol and/or players because a Josh Allen / Randal Cunningham just aren’t good enough ?

Look if Williams falls to us then hey run that selection up to the podium and give Goodell a gentle cock squeeze ( but firm )

But please do not trade up to get a guy when you have 2 very good options there for you
I hear you @skinsdad62, and I think I agree with you, but let me play devils advocate. Allen hasn't won anything, never been to a bowl. Cunningham never won anything and never played in a bowl. Herbert is on his on what, his third coach?

Mahomes might be on his third ring in a few days.

Just food for thought. There are levels to this, but like I said, it's hard to imagine we get another Mahomes this early. Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Bron, Brady, Mahomes, usually it takes about ten years before the next great one.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those among us who follow and calculate such things, what's the historical cost to move up in the draft from 2 to 1?

It has never been done, at least in the modern NFL.

2023 Carolina trades #1
Bears trade 2023 #9, #61, first and second in 2024, and DJ Moore

2001 Chargers trade #1
Atlanta trades 2001#5 and a third, and a 2002 second

2004 Chargers give up #1
2004 NYG give up #4, 2004 third, 2005 first and fifth

With a QB driven league, I would expect the trade from 2 to 1 to cost at least the 2025 first.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has never been done, at least in the modern NFL.

2023 Carolina trades #1
Bears trade 2023 #9, #61, first and second in 2024, and DJ Moore

2001 Chargers trade #1
Atlanta trades 2001#5 and a third, and a 2002 second

2004 Chargers give up #1
2004 NYG give up #4, 2004 third, 2005 first and fifth

With a QB driven league, I would expect the trade from 2 to 1 to cost at least the 2025 first.
Thanks! I'm trying to gain some insight into what that possible cost will be considering all of the news stories surrounding Kingsbury and Williams.

Personally, I wouldn't make that trade even if it was a straight swap! Jayden Daniels is my choice, so, unless the Bears do something truly questionable, I'd stand pat and get the guy that I want no matter what they do. At worse, the consolation prize is Williams.

Last edited:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Bears think he is the next Mahomes (yeah, right), then we better set our sights on the next guy. There is no trade value that can replace a true franchise QB. Having said that, I seriously doubt any QB in this draft is the next Mahomes.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb williams can help in that department...lol

He can always tell the bears he prefers to not play for them.

Will it happen, probably not but it could.
from what I have been able to glean, Caleb never made those statements about not playing for certain teams. His father, however, has. His dad is apparently a loose cannon.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes was not seen as the next anything….he surely was not expected to become what we have seen. There is not ONE person who could have visualized this result.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason i won't be mad if they trade up is if they are 100% convinced he is the guy. For instance i thought trading up for micah parsons was a no brainer, but we didn't. So, looking at it glass half full, if the Bears aren't trying to rob us at gunpoint to move up, you gotta do it. I'm still ok with Maye or Daniels though
You’re going to get robbed to move up. If you move up, the goal for poles is to make sure he leaves you with nothing good, so he can earn us the number 1 pick again next year.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what I have been able to glean, Caleb never made those statements about not playing for certain teams. His father, however, has. His dad is apparently a loose cannon.
His father reminds me of lavar ball.

He wants to live vicariously through his son and makes absurd comments.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His father reminds me of lavar ball.

He wants to live vicariously through his son and makes absurd comments.
that's exactly who i thought of also. the good news is that Kingsbury should now his dad and how to deal with him. he apparently had no affect on Kingsbury and caleb's relationship.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kingsbury swears by Caleb, and he was early on Mahomes. If Caleb is REALLY Mahomes, you gotta make a run. There is nothing anyone could offer the Chiefs for Mahomes. Those type of players are priceless. I have my doubts that Caleb is actually Mahomes.

As of now, I still take Jayden and move on, but if Kingsbury is standing on the table for Caleb behind the scenes, they might want to go get him.
the colts drafted elway and traded him to denver after he said he,d rather play pro baseball than play for them.i think the yankess had his baseball rights.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the colts drafted elway and traded him to denver after he said he,d rather play pro baseball than play for them.i think the yankess had his baseball rights.
Yeah, he had major leverage. Caleb can't go back to USC and if he sits out a year, it just delays his big payday by a year. He would have to refuse to have dinner with the front office. Skip workouts. Not answer calls. He'd have to be a complete ass for Chicago to cave.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he had major leverage. Caleb can't go back to USC and if he sits out a year, it just delays his big payday by a year. He would have to refuse to have dinner with the front office. Skip workouts. Not answer calls. He'd have to be a complete ass for Chicago to cave.
Sitting out a year doesn't change anything. Whoever drafts him still retains his right the next year.