• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caleb Williams

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb's pro day was the worst among the top QB's according to most analysts.
Bro, why do you want us to take Fields 2.0 so bad? Have we suffered enough

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, why do you want us to take Fields 2.0 so bad? Have we suffered enough

I don't think Caleb will be bad....just don't think he will be the generational talent many think. I think he will be the best QB you guys have had in a long time. Think he will be an above average to good QB. I just think Daniels will be better.

And the book has yet to be written on Mr Fields.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't like Maye or MCCarthy. Think Nix will be another Ryan Fitzpatrick type.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Caleb will be bad....just don't think he will be the generational talent many think. I think he will be the best QB you guys have had in a long time. Think he will be an above average to good QB. I just think Daniels will be better.

And the book has yet to be written on Mr Fields.

Any QB needy team is taking Caleb Williams #1 if they are given the first pick and allowed to draft today...Many days after this "worst pro day."

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmm...

As for the actual workout itself, Williams threw the ball effortlessly and seemingly at about 80-90% pace. After some early connections underneath and at the middle portion of the field, the former Heisman Trophy winner had a few downfield overthrows. Fortunately for him, none were of the egregious variety.

The presumptive No. 1 overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft took the field on the campus at USC to showcase his talents for the NFL. Everything looked easy for the star quarterback, who opted to showcase his footwork and accuracy over the types of throws that earn social media attention.

Caleb Williams’ Pro Day was highly anticipated, as he is projected to be the number-one overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft. He did not disappoint.

But yeah....everyone said he was bad.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice article on how great coaching and other factors can expedite a rookie QB's development:

LaFleur: "I do believe that some guys, if they're thrown in there too early, they get scars, and then they start to lose their confidence. It's hard when a guy loses his confidence to kind of recover from that.

"I think there's a lot of layers to how you develop your quarterbacks, but ultimately, you want them to be able to have a great knowledge base and maintain their confidence through the ups and the downs."

LOL, easy for him to say when Love had Aaron Rodgers in front of him. Caleb won't have this luxury, he'll hit the ground running.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice article on how great coaching and other factors can expedite a rookie QB's development:

LaFleur: "I do believe that some guys, if they're thrown in there too early, they get scars, and then they start to lose their confidence. It's hard when a guy loses his confidence to kind of recover from that.

"I think there's a lot of layers to how you develop your quarterbacks, but ultimately, you want them to be able to have a great knowledge base and maintain their confidence through the ups and the downs."

LOL, easy for him to say when Love had Aaron Rodgers in front of him. Caleb won't have this luxury, he'll hit the ground running.
And has the benefit of a decent team. Like some analysts have said, rare is it the best QB in a draft doesn't immediately get drafted by the worst team in the NFL. Bears do not exactly fit that billing. Rare for a team to pickup a "generational type", "best since Luck" qb with a 9 win record. Also, the Bears have added some nice pieces in the off season. What rook gets two 1200+ yard WR to play catch with?

I know I'm preaching to the choir and being very obvious, but He has a leg up going to the Bears at 1.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to CW with no online but great WRs. History has shown this recipe works out great.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And "Much like those named before him here, his pro day was crucial in securing that outcome. Mike Mayock has said that Russell’s pro day was “the best ever for any quarterback”.

After flexing his arm strength with a barrage of deep passes, Russell sold owner Mark Davis on his future as the Raiders’ quarterback. But within three seasons, he’d be out of the league."

Three to four years of game tape is more telling than one pro day. At thus point I'm in wait and see mode and hoping Caleb is more Boom than bust.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know if you guys watch sportscenter, there was a segment on Caleb in Florida I think with a bunch of NFL quarterbacks including Brock Purdy getting filmed and tweeked by physical therapists, recording their deliveries, turning them into avatars and pointing out where their inefficiencies are.

Cant find anything, so dont know where to find it other than maybe recording a sportscenter today

Guessing maybe ESPN+ since there are no youtubes on it yet.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know if you guys watch sportscenter, there was a segment on Caleb in Florida I think with a bunch of NFL quarterbacks including Brock Purdy getting filmed and tweeked by physical therapists, recording their deliveries, turning them into avatars and pointing out where their inefficiencies are.

Cant find anything, so dont know where to find it other than maybe recording a sportscenter today

Guessing maybe ESPN+ since there are no youtubes on it yet.

I didn't see it but I'm guessing the cliffs notes are "Caleb Williams is the goods."

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who wants to play 20 years for the same team and looks to Tom Brady for his target goals is okie dokie in my book.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fucker can paint his nails all he wants. As long as he can win games, I'm a fan.

I seen Dennis Rodman on tv the other day,and he still does..........dare to be different,nothing wrong with that..

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it was "Maybe this guy is serious about putting in the work to be a great quarterback"
I looked for it on Sportscenter after I read your post earlier,they must of ran a new one,because there was nothig about CW......

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every throw and run Caleb made from 2023. Buckle down its over an hour an half long, but it gives you a primer of his skill set in actual game play.