• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears fire Getsy

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's presser made me nauseous.
Apparently football isn't about wins, losses and stats anymore. It's about preparation, locker room leadership and "stability."

Havent been this sad since the Blackhawks of the 80s.

I can only hope that they accidentally and unintentionally stumble into a great OC and DC hire.

I think all too often franchises change for the sake of doing so. Firing Vrabel as an example...pretty dumb.

Bears did the right thing and canned Getsy though. Good for them. Maybe the Jets can bring him on to wash ARs balls.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when is this suppose to happen.......??
It has been said Flus has not lost the locker room. AND that JF remains popular amongst the players. >shrugs<.

To me, I never liked Getsy's play calling. Glad to see him gone.

OC hire wise? I think this will be telling.

What the Bears are going to do with F/A and the draft? Still clear as mud.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been said Flus has not lost the locker room. AND that JF remains popular amongst the players. >shrugs<.

I mean...If you step back and just breathe a little bit, we're on the upswing. I would just like us to get a coach that has a little more fire in him. Eberflus is the quintessential JAG. You win with coaching and quarterbacks in this league. Here's hoping we get the 2nd part right next season.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean...If you step back and just breathe a little bit, we're on the upswing. I would just like us to get a coach that has a little more fire in him. Eberflus is the quintessential JAG. You win with coaching and quarterbacks in this league. Here's hoping we get the 2nd part right next season.

Being we are getting a new oc,I really think we are moving on from Justin,otherwise this will be his 3rd oc hes played for.......
Im not sure we needs that.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being we are getting a new oc,I really think we are moving on from Justin,otherwise this will be his 3rd oc hes played for.......
Im not sure we needs that.
There has been a lot of speculation amongst the media NFL folk that the Bears may keep Fields even while drafting Caleb or Maye. Let them sit a year and learn, not be in a rush to stick a #1 in? I don't know, just reporting what some have said.

Like I said, as clear as mud.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been a lot of speculation amongst the media NFL folk that the Bears may keep Fields even while drafting Caleb or Maye. Let them sit a year and learn, not be in a rush to stick a #1 in? I don't know, just reporting what some have said.

Like I said, as clear as mud.

I just dont see CW or Maye sitting,Id surprised as hell if they did....but,as long as they dont draft Penix or MCarthy......
Penix looked to play like Kyle Orton in a walking boot and McCarthy seemed to me all he did was to hand the ball off.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont see CW or Maye sitting,Id surprised as hell if they did....but,as long as they dont draft Penix or MCarthy......
Penix looked to play like Kyle Orton in a walking boot and McCarthy seemed to me all he did was to hand the ball off.
I don't know what the Bears are going to do (obviously) but it is really, real hard to pass on Harrison when the Bears currently have 1 wide receiver with a shit. Bears need to find at least 2 more by draft of Free Agency, regardless of who's qb'n.