• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulaga

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Bakhtiari may end up being average but there is a reason all of those tackles you listed are free agents. They are below average and you want the team to run out and sign an average to below average player because of a knee jerk reaction. I sure thank the Lord that you aren't running the show

+1

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we covered both sides of the argument now. Personally, I don't think either solution is good enough. Can we at least agree that none of us really have a clue what Bhaktiari is going to do yet? Let him get some snaps in the preseason and we'll find out. Until then, I think we have to hope that Newhouse can at least be serviceable in his old spot.

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Bakhtiari may end up being average but there is a reason all of those tackles you listed are free agents. They are below average and you want the team to run out and sign an average to below average player because of a knee jerk reaction. I sure thank the Lord that you aren't running the show

Wrong. Those guys were getting paid too much. They used to be corner stones of their O-lines. As they get phased out and older. have a couple injury seasons. they get cut. and the problem comes when they think they are still worth the big bucks. so there they sit...... But I bet when a 1 year deal with GB is on the table, they re-prioritize.

I admit the talk of bringing Clifton back may be homerish. but he is only 37. He lived and breathed football the last 15 years. a year off is all it takes sometimes for those old battle worn tackles...I believe he could step in and start all season. Im also still hopefull Sherrod is coming back. and we have a ace up our sleeve with him...

Now they are talking Bulaga might come back... We will see whats going on. If he end up on PUP or not.

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we covered both sides of the argument now. Personally, I don't think either solution is good enough. Can we at least agree that none of us really have a clue what Bhaktiari is going to do yet? Let him get some snaps in the preseason and we'll find out. Until then, I think we have to hope that Newhouse can at least be serviceable in his old spot.

My whole argument is that the wait and see method is going to bite us in the rear. Bahktiari might be an all-pro. he might be fragile too. He might be completely out classed by Allen and Peppers.

This is left tackle! Our MVPs blind side... The season hasn't even started yet. We are going into the pre-season with plan B, and we don't even have a plan C. So unless the plan is to have a replay of the 50 sack season, we need to get off our rears and at least TRY to get a veteran that can contribute... We aren't having much luck with our rookies staying healthy the last few years. It seems as soon as we depend on them they go down. And I don't want to be here next week spazzing out because Bahktiari went down, and Barclay gave up 4 sacks in the 2nd half... I mean how grim is it when a 2nd year 7th rounder is your 6th man??? And a under sized 4th round rookie is "the man". Or at least he is wearing his shoes...

Like I said. We are coming in with plan B, and don't even have a plan C. Pick the best free agent, and get some insurance...

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed..

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston Justice is terrible. Clay Matthews is good, but he made that guy pick up a rattle and call him da da...

Clifton is what....37? Hasn't started in a how long?

Otah might be worth a look, but he's far from a proven commodity.

Gaither is a lost cause.

Locklear is on his way out.

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston Justice is terrible. Clay Matthews is good, but he made that guy pick up a rattle and call him da da...

Clifton is what....37? Hasn't started in a how long?

Otah might be worth a look, but he's far from a proven commodity.

Gaither is a lost cause.

Locklear is on his way out.

lol. Clay has a way of doing that to guys sometimes... But seriously. Otah is a legit option. We wouldn't have been but had he not been injured the last two years and got fat. He's been working hard and wants to make a comeback... Gaither was a pro-bowler. He didn't like the people he worked with. That leads to rebellion. When he's trapped multiple years in a bad situation. a giant like that will flex his giant will power. He is free from the sandiego drama. he could make a come back with a chip on his shoulder...

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This talk of Baktiari taking the reigns at LT..... its craziness. He is a project player. Will be a sad situation if he is starting at any point of the season. Its going to take a few years to grow into a starter. Just like it did with Bulaga... We will be starting Newhouse, and Barclay again unless we go get a legit LT in free agency. Which is an option IMO. We are in position to make a championship run. Cannot let a lack of depth on the O-line be our crutch this time. I feel ok about newhouse, and Barclay (barely). But who the crap is supposed to back them up? our guards??? here we go again.

The season hasn't started yet. go get a free agent LT.
Jared Gaither
Winston Justice
Sean Locklear
Chad Clifton?
Jeff Otah
maybe a trade?

Ok...

3 of the players on this list have major medical issues...Gaither, Locklear, and Otah are unemployed because of them.

Winston Justice is god-awful.

Clifton is what, 37 now? And played poorly with medical issues his last season? And, I believe, officially filed his retirement papers?

It's August 7th. There are no legit LT's in free-agency. C'mon, man!

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how good Bak can be at LT. It'll probably be Newhouse, but I'd give Bak a legitimate shot...