• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulaga

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injuries this year to important players has been unbelievable and this injury is no exception. Another reason I am upset about this is Bulaga is the only NFL player from my home town (in IL) so its a bummer to our community to see him go down.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucks for the Packers. Although I wish many awful things on GB (especially during Bear-Packer games), I do not like to see anyone get hurt.

This will be a set-back for your team; but I'm sure the Packers will figure something out. They always seem to anyway...

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This talk of Baktiari taking the reigns at LT..... its craziness. He is a project player. Will be a sad situation if he is starting at any point of the season. Its going to take a few years to grow into a starter. Just like it did with Bulaga... We will be starting Newhouse, and Barclay again unless we go get a legit LT in free agency. Which is an option IMO. We are in position to make a championship run. Cannot let a lack of depth on the O-line be our crutch this time. I feel ok about newhouse, and Barclay (barely). But who the crap is supposed to back them up? our guards??? here we go again.

The season hasn't started yet. go get a free agent LT.
Jared Gaither
Winston Justice
Sean Locklear
Chad Clifton?
Jeff Otah
maybe a trade?

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea we been there before... But we just lost our depth. You lose a LT, who is our best blocker. And everyone goes a step up the ladder. Leaving a hole at the bottom... Right now we are going into the pre-season without any proven depth. Sherrod and Tretter on PUP don't really make me feel much better. Im optimistic about them, but not willing to bet the season on it.

Break the mold this one time. and spend the money to get a free agent LT. 1 year deal is all we need.

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shouldn't say "lack of depth" on our O-line. Just lack of quality depth. Im sorry. but going into the season with a "undersized" rookie at LT, is madness. If he does earn the spot. Its because there is nobody else. I love the project. but keep him on the shelf til we have to get desperate. Now is not the time.

Sitton, D-smith, Lang, Newhouse. Stay the same. Keep Barclay, and Bahktiari as backups. and sign a LT to plug in... That is a plan IMO. Sherrod on PUP til week 6. We have depth.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This talk of Baktiari taking the reigns at LT..... its craziness. He is a project player. Will be a sad situation if he is starting at any point of the season. Its going to take a few years to grow into a starter. Just like it did with Bulaga... We will be starting Newhouse, and Barclay again unless we go get a legit LT in free agency.

Bulaga started his rookie season starting Week 5 until end of season and through Super Bowl run. He came in after Tauscher was injured... or are you referring to another Bulaga on the Packers?

Tauscher was 7th round pick that started 14 games his rookie season... how crazy is that. I am not going to rule out Baktiari... following all the comments of TC thus far, he has impressed.

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulaga started his rookie season starting Week 5 until end of season and through Super Bowl run. He came in after Tauscher was injured... or are you referring to another Bulaga on the Packers?

Tauscher was 7th round pick that started 14 games his rookie season... how crazy is that. I am not going to rule out Baktiari... following all the comments of TC thus far, he has impressed.

Yea Bulaga was 16th overall pick, and a blue chip prospect. And he still didn't start because we had a legit LT/RT on the roster... He came in week 5 and got blown up too many times too. Point is we went into the season with a good plan. We plugged in the rookie because we had to...

And I remember Tauscher coming in. He was not good. Took him and Clifton(2nd rounder) BOTH a few years to be decent. and almost a decade to be top tier. After the baby fat turns to man muscle... it takes a while. Bahktiari doesn't look like he could even grow a beard yet... But I don't deny he is starter potential... Just don't rush it and mortgage the season ( and Rodgers safety) on it.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talk about Bakhtiari starting as madness but you suggest putting Clifton in as a starter?

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talk about Bakhtiari starting as madness but you suggest putting Clifton in as a starter?

The reason I say Clifton is because he is probabally healthy by now. And still better than the other options we have now... Reminds me of the days when Gilbert Brown kept un-retiring.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barclay isn't going to be on the bench. He's going to have to step up and that's that. Where are we going to find an LT better than our backup?

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot tell me that a 37 year old oft injured free agent that hasn't played in 3 years is a better option than a 21 year old that has been excelling in camp that played LT in college. Why don't you give him some time to see what he can do before you jump to conclusions that he can't play.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Bulaga was 16th overall pick, and a blue chip prospect.

Bulaga was 23rd overall pick... can you get any of your facts correct?

First 2 years with Tauscher and Clifton as bookends on the OL Packers gave up 34 and 22 sacks.

I will take those numbers vs the 51 sacks last year... and Packers running game in both years Packers had 1000 yard rusher.

I actually do not believe you remember very much very well.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you haven't had experience with eliandco yet I guess - it's best to skip right over his posts. Either he does "it" on purpose, or he's truly hysterical and misinformed, I'm not sure. His classic overreactions when the Packers are down by 7 at the end of the 1st Quarter ("SEASON OVER + another 150 words") are worth keeping him around for entertainment purposes, though.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the worst division in football to have O line issues, between Peppers, the kid from the Vikings and Detroit having a lot of young high draft pick D lineman, I feel for you guys. Edit: Atleast you don't have to face Clay Matthews twice a year...

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the worst division in football to have O line issues, between Peppers, the kid from the Vikings and Detroit having a lot of young high draft pick D lineman, I feel for you guys. Edit: Atleast you don't have to face Clay Matthews twice a year...
No doubt......

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. the crew of virgins telling me im crazy...
you half wits tell me you are ok with an unproven rookie starting at LT. with nobody backing him up. BEFORE preseason even starts?.... and im the crazy one? you are nuts

and I remember Clifton and Tauscher being very average or below average for a while when they started. doesn't mean squat to reference our 50+ sacks. when the other half your argument is to keep the same guys in and add a undersized rookie at the most important position...again? who the eff is backing them all up anyways...

you guys need to get a clue.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. When we get into preseason games, we can break this down more. Because there will not be a quick fix tomorrow.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I remember Clifton and Tauscher being very average or below average for a while when they started.
. Bakhtiari may end up being average but there is a reason all of those tackles you listed are free agents. They are below average and you want the team to run out and sign an average to below average player because of a knee jerk reaction. I sure thank the Lord that you aren't running the show