• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kempe W2W

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hit on this in the GDT against Vancouver last night, I was hoping he wouldn't go on LTIR because who knows what Blake would have done with additional space. So now on IR/LTIR is Copley, Arvidsson, Anderson, Grundstrom and Kempe. That's a lot of bucks right there not to mention offense with Arvidsson and Kempe.

So this is good news, I'm curious what the injury is. Doesn't sound like it's broken, maybe a finger or something is my guess because I don't think a sprain would keep him out most of the month down the stretch.

The bad news is if the Kings lock up a PO spot, he will be coming in cold and will immediately need to be a contributor, which doesn't happen, unless you play the LTIR game like Vegas and Stone and Tampa and Kucherov (how convenient, Mark Stone just went on LTIR so Vegas is going to have a ton of room to make a big splash as usual next week. Stone's injury timing is uncanny, no? Poor guy).

This forces Hiller to give the younger guys some minutes so now we get to see how they respond to a high pressure situation with a PO spot on the line. Valuable experience for guys like Turcotte, Moverare, Spence, etc.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He 1st hurt his wrist last year just before the playoffs. Nothing was ever made of it but I remember a incident late in the year where someone on from the Oilers I think it was, challenged him to a fight out of the scrum and you can clearly read his lips saying "I can't.. wrist" and waving this hand.

Again a few weeks ago he left the ice in game shaking it. Ended up not missing a shift. Seems like something that's been lingering and hopefully it's just something where they just want to play it safe. He's definitely been targeted on the wrist this year a few times in game.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He 1st hurt his wrist last year just before the playoffs. Nothing was ever made of it but I remember a incident late in the year where someone on from the Oilers I think it was, challenged him to a fight out of the scrum and you can clearly read his lips saying "I can't.. wrist" and waving this hand.

Again a few weeks ago he left the ice in game shaking it. Ended up not missing a shift. Seems like something that's been lingering and hopefully it's just something where they just want to play it safe. He's definitely been targeted on the wrist this year a few times in game.

I remember that fight incident, don't blame him at all. He can't really throw anyway so that's a good thing but he will if he has to.

But that was his right wrist, not his left one like this time. I honestly think he broke/fractured a finger/hand, Kadri was out 2.5 weeks the year the Avalanche won the Cup and came back during that run with a broken finger but it was braced pretty good in the glove.

Haven't noticed him targeted though, this just seemed like a freak incident and he fell on it funny. Biggest win of this all is Blake doesn't get additional cap space to make another trigger happy deal.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed the legend was out again. Might have been sent back to get pegged....i mean the Peg for further evaluation. Dude has a lot of talent, but is no good if he cant contribute most every game in some way and you need to carry another guy all year to fill in for him

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kempe and Anderson skating but in non contact red jerseys today. Assuming they'll be ready to go in 2 weeks or so.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could use him for sure, he has turned into such a complete player and at a bargain too.