• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BROWNS WIN

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe that Pettine wanted Manziel in the 1st round, but Farmer has made enough blunders to justify a pink slip...Pettine getting fired should be a by-product of the GM getting fired, he really hasn't had a ton to work with...the DEF dropping is on his head though.

I thought the Browns dumbfuck owner wanted Johnny College?:noidea:

It's true. Haslam has been Johnny's #1 supporter among the franchise. Pettine doesn't like him, hence the kid not playing much and being punished for a few games when he did have the chance to start.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true. Haslam has been Johnny's #1 supporter among the franchise. Pettine doesn't like him, hence the kid not playing much and being punished for a few games when he did have the chance to start.

Fuckin' Jimmy Haslam.:L Figures he calls himself a..."1,000% steelers fan".:gaah: I think he bought the damn team just to keep them in the NFL basement.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL's version of the rollercoaster...sad, but mostly true of any long suffering team.

I hear Pettine is probably not going to survive this season. The viscous cycle continues.

That wouldn't surprise me. I'm just waiting for The Draft so I can watch them fuck up yet again.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin' Jimmy Haslam.:L Figures he calls himself a..."1,000% steelers fan".:gaah: I think he bought the damn team just to keep them in the NFL basement.

He desperately wants to turn things around in Cleveland, I'm just hoping he shows more patience. Takes a while to rebuild and its impossible to have sustained success when you're constantly switching out coaches, gms, and coordinators.

I'm actually a Pettine fan. I don't like Farmer, but I think the staff in Cleveland is ok right now. They just need some consistency with both coaching and personnel.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've never seen a perspective owner publicly say anything like that...really surprised CLE accepted his ass, but he has a very large checking account.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He desperately wants to turn things around in Cleveland, I'm just hoping he shows more patience. Takes a while to rebuild and its impossible to have sustained success when you're constantly switching out coaches, gms, and coordinators.

I'm actually a Pettine fan. I don't like Farmer, but I think the staff in Cleveland is ok right now. They just need some consistency with both coaching and personnel.

Yep...it probably won't happen like this, but waxing Farmer and keeping Pettine and drafting the Lynch kid might set the stage for long term recovery, but if the results don't come overnight, the new GM is going to fire Pettine and you're back to square one.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a perspective owner publicly say anything like that...really surprised CLE accepted his ass, but he has a very large checking account.

Steelers fan in talks to buy Browns (AP: 7-27-12)

In that article it mentions how much of a steelers fan he really is.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been healthy scratched about 1/2 the season. He's played in 8 games, has a grand total of 4 tackles and has been mostly just returning kicks.

Still better stats then Marcus Smith.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The never ending Browns circus will continue this off season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers fan in talks to buy Browns (AP: 7-27-12)

In that article it mentions how much of a steelers fan he really is.
What a spot to be in...owning a team in the same DIV.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The never ending Browns circus will continue this off season.

This past draft I might have done differently, even for a 6 win team, 10 or 12 rookies is too many to incorporate into the pro game in one season, half of them probably won't make the team...I never understood that...trading picks to move up for better talent, or higher position the following year.

That aside, hard to really go against the positions Farmer picked at the top this year...DL and OL...the '14, '13, '12 drafts were terrible at the top.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This past draft I might have done differently, even for a 6 win team, 10 or 12 rookies is too many to incorporate into the pro game in one season, half of them probably won't make the team...I never understood that...trading picks to move up for better talent, or higher position the following year.

That aside, hard to really go against the positions Farmer picked at the top this year...DL and OL...the '14, '13, '12 drafts were terrible at the top.

Well to be fair if there's 1 thing the Browns have down to a science is making poor Draft Day decisions. And I see no reason for that to change this year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be fair if there's 1 thing the Browns have down to a science is making poor Draft Day decisions. And I see no reason for that to change this year.

Some are just buzzard's luck...Mingo, I really liked that pick, but maybe not a good scheme fit. He was really a 4-3 DE in college...maybe he never got comfortable playing in space, but way better athlete than Jarvis Jones.

This year I think the Brown should and will take a qB at the top...the kid from Memphis, Lynch is who I expect them to take if they have #1 overall...or #2 because TN, nor SD is going to take a QB...well idk about SD, they just resigned Rivers, but I can see them or the Saints taking a QB high.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some are just buzzard's luck...Mingo, I really liked that pick, but maybe not a good scheme fit. He was really a 4-3 DE in college...maybe he never got comfortable playing in space, but way better athlete than Jarvis Jones.

This year I think the Brown should and will take a qB at the top...the kid from Memphis, Lynch is who I expect them to take if they have #1 overall...or #2 because TN, nor SD is going to take a QB...well idk about SD, they just resigned Rivers, but I can see them or the Saints taking a QB high.

You ever see the movie Groundhog Day w/ Bill Murray? Well that's what the Browns have been doing for the better part of 17+ season now. Just reliving the same shit year after year.