• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BROWNS WIN

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly that would be the best thing for them... Takes some of the pressure off fumbling yet another high end draft pick lol.

C'mon now. You know it doesn't matter where the pick is, Cleveland will fuck it up.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon now. You know it doesn't matter where the pick is, Cleveland will fuck it up.
Having 2 picks in the 1st round seems to have helped a little... Jury is still out on Gilbert & Manziel. Shelton already looks like a stud.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having 2 picks in the 1st round seems to have helped a little... Jury is still out on Gilbert & Manziel. Shelton already looks like a stud.

Read a piece a while back that skewered both of them. Gilbert, though quietly, has been a bigger bust than Manziel. At least Johnny actually wants to play the game (even if it is to fund his partying and keep his fame), Gilbert has no desire to work or learn, doesn't attend team functions, and doesn't even socialize with the team.
Apparently the warning signs were there out of college and the Browns never did their homework. Story on the street is that neither Farmer nor Pettine ever even met the kid before drafting him. Pettine has an excuse considering how late he was hired...Farmer does not.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a piece a while back that skewered both of them. Gilbert, though quietly, has been a bigger bust than Manziel. At least Johnny actually wants to play the game (even if it is to fund his partying and keep his fame), Gilbert has no desire to work or learn, doesn't attend team functions, and doesn't even socialize with the team.
Apparently the warning signs were there out of college and the Browns never did their homework. Story on the street is that neither Farmer nor Pettine ever even met the kid before drafting him. Pettine has an excuse considering how late he was hired...Farmer does not.
Wow... Never heard that. Surprising that there was so much fuel behind the Steelers going after Gilbert then. I know Colbert had met with him a few times and still talked about wanting to draft him after the draft.

Dodged a bullet with that one!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gilbert? He's been a bigger bust. Manziel...agreed...to be fair, he hasn't had enough starts to really say for sure whether he is starter material, but they still should be thinking QB with the 1st pick.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert? He's been a bigger bust. Manziel...agreed...to be fair, he hasn't had enough starts to really say for sure whether he is starter material, but they still should be thinking QB with the 1st pick.
Hasn't Gilbert been playing a fair amount of subpackages? Or have I been completely blind to this? lol. All along I've just been thinkin they were bringing him along slowly.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't Gilbert been playing a fair amount of subpackages? Or have I been completely blind to this? lol. All along I've just been thinkin they were bringing him along slowly.

Very slowly... he's playing like a CB4, unless somebody got hurt, Idt he was in on nickel much.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very slowly... he's playing like a CB4, unless somebody got hurt, Idt he was in on nickel much.

He's been healthy scratched about 1/2 the season. He's played in 8 games, has a grand total of 4 tackles and has been mostly just returning kicks.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're pretty much a lock for a top 5 pick, so they're going to fuck up something. Guaranteed.

Yah. The Raiders and Jets have been drafting well recently so it'd be a real bummer if the Browns joined that crowd. Fortunately the Titans appear to be moving into those ranks as well.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been healthy scratched about 1/2 the season. He's played in 8 games, has a grand total of 4 tackles and has been mostly just returning kicks.
Wow...top 10 wasn't he?

What's missing in his game?

Coming into the draft, he appeared to have all of the measureables you want in a tall CB. This is one where it's tough to fault the FO. I know he was on Tomlin's radar, and several other teams.

The contract though? All $12 mil guaranteed...that's keeping his dead money cap hit really high..7.5 mil in, '16 and $4 mil in '17...no wonder they've been keeping around...kind of like Cortez Allen for PIT, only he got a FA contract after showing promise...now he sucks, but contract wise he's too expensive to release until maybe next year.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...top 10 wasn't he?

What's missing in his game?

Coming into the draft, he appeared to have all of the measureables you want in a tall CB. This is one where it's tough to fault the FO. I know he was on Tomlin's radar, and several other teams.

The contract though? All $12 mil guaranteed...that's keeping his dead money cap hit really high..7.5 mil in, '16 and $4 mil in '17...no wonder they've been keeping around...kind of like Cortez Allen for PIT, only he got a FA contract after showing promise...now he sucks, but contract wise he's too expensive to release until maybe next year.

He was #5 overall I think. Browns took him with their first pick in the draft that year (much to my dismay, I wanted a WR to be taken).

He has the speed and length but 0 work ethic, terrible fundamentals, and he's completely unwilling to work on his craft. Heck, Joe Haden tried to take him under his wing his first year and Gilbert pushed him away. If you can't work with Haden, there's something seriously wrong with you.

Proof is in his play. He's made only 1 start this season. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to unload him somewhere in the offseason...though I doubt anyone is foolish enough to take him on.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was #5 overall I think. Browns took him with their first pick in the draft that year (much to my dismay, I wanted a WR to be taken).

He has the speed and length but 0 work ethic, terrible fundamentals, and he's completely unwilling to work on his craft. Heck, Joe Haden tried to take him under his wing his first year and Gilbert pushed him away. If you can't work with Haden, there's something seriously wrong with you.

Proof is in his play. He's made only 1 start this season. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to unload him somewhere in the offseason...though I doubt anyone is foolish enough to take him on.

Close, he was actually #8, and Manziel #22 in the same round...double fuck!!...Gilbert sounds like a guy that's content with the $12 mil contract.

CLE probably won't cut him next year, and with the high cap hit the next 2 seasons, Idt they will be able to trade the contract with only 1 start this season, but some team will surface once he's on the scrap heap...they always do for former top 10 picks.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close, he was actually #8, and Manziel #22 in the same round...double fuck!!...Gilbert sounds like a guy that's content with the $12 mil contract.

CLE probably won't cut him next year, and with the high cap hit the next 2 seasons, Idt they will be able to trade the contract with only 1 start this season, but some team will surface once he's on the scrap heap...they always do for former top 10 picks.

Yeah, if anything costs Pettine and Farmer their jobs, it'll be that draft more than on-field production.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what happens when you don't get to play Houston every week.
Actually NFCE this year...4 of the 6 wins from that DIV.

Truthfully until the CAR game, the DEF has played well enough for them to be an 8 win team...OFC has done a complete 180 since they were 5-0.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if anything costs Pettine and Farmer their jobs, it'll be that draft more than on-field production.

I can't believe that Pettine wanted Manziel in the 1st round, but Farmer has made enough blunders to justify a pink slip...Pettine getting fired should be a by-product of the GM getting fired, he really hasn't had a ton to work with...the DEF dropping is on his head though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe that Pettine wanted Manziel in the 1st round, but Farmer has made enough blunders to justify a pink slip...Pettine getting fired should be a by-product of the GM getting fired, he really hasn't had a ton to work with...the DEF dropping is on his head though.

I thought the Browns dumbfuck owner wanted Johnny College?:noidea: