• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns > Raiders

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the pick especially with Hue Jacksons history at USC. Normally SC Quaterbacks are the kiss of death once they hit the NFL. But Kessler is going in under the radar. And working with tHue Jackson helped produce one of the few USC QB's to have success in Carson Palmer. Great fit imo.
I was actually hoping Denver, if they didn't pk Qb in Rd 1, would take a shot on him. I think he has decent shot to break the SC Qb curse anyway. :)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually hoping Denver, if they didn't pk Qb in Rd 1, would take a shot on him. I think he has decent shot to break the SC Qb curse anyway. :)
PS.. That is probably only position that the draft picks were ok with knowing they were picked by Brown's.:)

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Sanchez but he has a habit of losing games he should win. But I do think the Broncos got the best QB intend first round of the draft this year. Goff is over rated IMO. I saw a lot of goff he struggles when out of rhythm , doesn't make good decisions when playing from behind and cost cal a few games. He can be great but when he's bad he's awful see last years Cal/ Urah game. Not a fan of Wentz. As much as I hate to say it Broncos got the best QB in the first in Lynch IMO

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be biased but Kessler is cleave lands future. And Jackson is a great fit to mold him

I like the Browns chances at becoming competitive soon because I love Jackson (he got a raw deal with Al, just look at what CP has done in Arizona) but think they are a few years away from competing in the North. The Raiders, Broncos, and Chiefs will be in a 3 way battle for 1st this coming season. I think Oakland ends up 10-6 and KC and Denver tied at 9-7 for 2nd place.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Sanchez but he has a habit of losing games he should win. But I do think the Broncos got the best QB intend first round of the draft this year. Goff is over rated IMO. I saw a lot of goff he struggles when out of rhythm , doesn't make good decisions when playing from behind and cost cal a few games. He can be great but when he's bad he's awful see last years Cal/ Urah game. Not a fan of Wentz. As much as I hate to say it Broncos got the best QB in the first in Lynch IMO
Yeah never quite understood all the hype with Goff. For a guy who had a losing record, he sure got a lot of love. Wentz ? Well Div 2 speaks volumes if you look at history of those qbs that have had success. Not good.:)

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah never quite understood all the hype with Goff. For a guy who had a losing record, he sure got a lot of love. Wentz ? Well Div 2 speaks volumes if you look at history of those qbs that have had success. Not good.:)
Do you have a favorite college team randy? I know I've seen a lot of Goff as a Trojans fan. I can run a detailed list of why I'm not impressed. I'm sure @DJ has an opinion too as a Bruins fan. I'm looking forward to reading it and getting in depth when I'm back at my laptop. But out of the three I think Lynch has the most potential and success

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff will be a pretty good QB imo.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a favorite college team randy? I know I've seen a lot of Goff as a Trojans fan. I can run a detailed list of why I'm not impressed. I'm sure @DJ has an opinion too as a Bruins fan. I'm looking forward to reading it and getting in depth when I'm back at my laptop. But out of the three I think Lynch has the most potential and success

Lynch has the most potential to succeed? Well dammit I thought Jake Rudock has the most potential of any QB in this years draft.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought they should have gone after RGIII before the Browns did. I think he was their best option.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch has the most potential to succeed? Well dammit I thought Jake Rudock has the most potential of any QB in this years draft.
Oh, been hanging around with the Meeeechigan fans on the college football board, have you? :dhd:

:harbs3:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not sure maize realized that was a mercy pick :L there were better college qbs picked up as undrafted ufas

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just recently realized the total awesomeness that is Mr. Harbaugh. Here are some of his unmatched accomplishments...

-Jimmy Jam invented CFB
-he invented the forward pass
-Jimbo was an original member of the A Team
-he invented the internet, fuck you Al Gore!
-Jimbo the Great once killed a lion w/ his bare hands
-he taught MacGyver everything he knows
-Jimmy Jam is the reason the dinosaurs are gone
-he caught Osama Bin Hiding all by himself
-Jimbo is the reason the Earth has gravity
-he invented rock-n-roll
-Jimmy Jam invented the wheel

If anyone knows of any other accomplishments list them here. The country...no the world would be a better place sharing his stories of greatness.

Seems pretty suspicious to me :thumb:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes its Buffs but when I was growing up in So. Cal in 70`s and 80`s I was fan of both SC and UCLA but when they played each other, I rooted for UCLA. I still follow both and whenever I can watch them on TV I do. When I was growing up down there I went to quite a few games at Coliseum. Many SC vs UCLA games along with SC vs Notre Dame gms as well. My mind is screwed up these days but I was at SC vs Irish game where ( I think this is right name,right teams ) running back Charles Davis just went berserk in 2nd half and brought SC back from huge halftime deficit to win game. Was so friggin amazing.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the raiders are more likely to end their playoff drought first, for now. Both teams are trending in the right direction I just think the raiders are further along that path. I agree JDR is going to limit how far they can go but would not be surprised if they get the talent enough to get into payoffs and possibly win a game.

Could be fun to see who gets the stink washed off first.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the raiders are more likely to end their playoff drought first, for now. Both teams are trending in the right direction I just think the raiders are further along that path. I agree JDR is going to limit how far they can go but would not be surprised if they get the talent enough to get into payoffs and possibly win a game.

Could be fun to see who gets the stink washed off first.

I agree the Raiders get back into the playoffs first. They are further along in their rebuild than are the Browns, who seem to start over every other year. And Reggie McKenzie APPEARS to have put together a solid roster. But the truth is the Raiders haven't proven a damn thing yet. And in that regard, despite them having an outlook for 2016 than the Browns, a bottom feeder of a franchise like the Raiders really doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. That I've picked them to go 10-6 has as much to do with "due theory" than the quality of their team.

The Browns also don't deserve the benefit of the doubt, but they did hire a guy I think can coach them into a respectable team. They have an uphill battle in that division, and they've got to give Jackson more than 2 seasons to reach the playoffs. I think if they give him time, and with the new front office changes, the Browns could be an interesting team to watch over the next few years.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hue Jackson has been one of the most under appreciated figures in the NFL, and considering how incredible Wade Phillips was as DC, Jackson's honor as co-winner with Wade for coordinator if the year was well deserved ..

Everywhere he's gone, Jackson has been successful, and I was shocked that the Raiders let him go a few years ago ( .. ok, not shocked, considering it was the Raiders ) .. As QB coach of the Ravens, Jackson took a rookie in Joe Flacco to the AFC championship game, and had the Ravens had a FG kicker, they would have gone to the Super Bowl ..

The Browns have a guy that is going to be considered a Top 10 HC very soon ..

The Raiders have Del Rio

Advantage: Browns

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Davis went senile and pissed away draft picks, and when he did make some picks they were worthless.

You make this post as if it somehow mitigates the point I made about the Broncos not staying down after losing the SB to the Seahawks. Al Davis built the Raiders and he destroyed them. You live by the sword you die by it. The team appears to be in better management now, but Reggie Mac has been on deck since 2012 and the Raiders haven't even reached a .500 finish in his tenure. While I realize he's had to clean up the cap situation, there are some teams that have gone from 2-14 to 11-5 while the Raiders have remained perennial losers on a level below the Cleveland Browns.

Its taken years for the Raiders to recover and this year they will sweep and humiliate the Broncos.

Yes, it has taken the Raiders years to recover. And so far, we don't know they've actually recovered. I could be wrong about my prediction for a 10-6 finish. They could easily go 6-10: Sweeps by the Broncos and Chiefs, split with the Chargers. Think long and hard about that: It is actually a reasonable prediction. Until the Raiders prove otherwise...

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be a crazy fun year all around in the NFL this year ! There should be no shortage of surprises for sure. Well except for Brown's picking in top 3 in draft in 2017 . ;)