• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouting the quarterbacks

Broncos 2016 Draft: Quarterbacks

I think the Bronco's will go OL more than likely ...all the same I liked this article .. besides it is that time of the year to talk draft and as usually I am wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy behind .

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for bringing this up - sometimes I prefer Draft and sometimes I prefer bottles. How can I end this never ending battle from within?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure mingo Draft always wins out with me ...probably something about Pizza pallor's and Drinking around big bon fires brings the cave man out every time in me..

Paxton Lynch is a stud I love his release .

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottles are handier if you have to fight your way out - you might find yourself in a Raider oriented bar and someone decides to disparage John Elway to your face.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we really need to hit OL in FA. I don't want to go into the season with a bunch of young OL again. I feel we already have some young OL looming. At least don't reach for OL. But we need to address this a bit in free agency too so we aren't drafting 3 OL.

What we do with Clady this offseason will be interesting. I think he will stick around and be our LT. Ty Sam will be there... We got Vasquez and I think Garcia can play here. I think Evan Mathis is a one year rental he hasn't played well enough to get a bigger deal next year and Matt Paradis is awful.

Need to add depth and maybe address one OL in the first 3 rounds and another in FA.

I wouldn't be oppose to a WR early either if Latimer is indeed busting out. I think only the coaches can answer that one, but he's been a major let down to me. I loved that pick. Fowler looks pretty good. I just think we need to look a bit at drafting a young WR, and we gotta look at RB again it appears. I don't expect Ronnie Hillman to be re-signed at this point.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we really need to hit OL in FA. I don't want to go into the season with a bunch of young OL again. I feel we already have some young OL looming. At least don't reach for OL. But we need to address this a bit in free agency too so we aren't drafting 3 OL.

What we do with Clady this offseason will be interesting. I think he will stick around and be our LT. Ty Sam will be there... We got Vasquez and I think Garcia can play here. I think Evan Mathis is a one year rental he hasn't played well enough to get a bigger deal next year and Matt Paradis is awful.

Need to add depth and maybe address one OL in the first 3 rounds and another in FA.

I wouldn't be oppose to a WR early either if Latimer is indeed busting out. I think only the coaches can answer that one, but he's been a major let down to me. I loved that pick. Fowler looks pretty good. I just think we need to look a bit at drafting a young WR, and we gotta look at RB again it appears. I don't expect Ronnie Hillman to be re-signed at this point.

Hey Latimer actually look pretty good out there with Oz, he had a few nice catches. More than we've ever seen with Manning.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Build around Osweiler unless he absolutely stinks it up out there. Something tells me that won't be the case though. Osweiler plus this defense could equal a very good team.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how many extra picks Elway conjures up in next draft he should go O line with the 1st 6 picks as far as I'm concerned. Then throw in a punter for cripes sake. Oh and please fire Denison while your at it.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how many extra picks Elway conjures up in next draft he should go O line with the 1st 6 picks as far as I'm concerned. Then throw in a punter for cripes sake. Oh and please fire Denison while your at it.
^^^^
This, this, and this

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look this staff threw away Manny and Clark for the players that are on this team right now I am kind of pissed at Elway he was this f'n age and he had the best OL coach on earth if he does not want Gibbs no more I am fine with that but for god sakes don't just throw a TE's Coach and say good to go with a bunch of green horns Gibbs would of had these young players at the best at this point !

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real OL Coach draws up blocking Schemes each week . this is not a Real OL Coach and he is killing us !

He would probably be okay at plenty things just not OL

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we need to hit OL in FA... Can't throw a bunch of rookies out there in one year. I am not oppose to drafting an OL obviously, but we need to address the situation with some experience as well.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we need to hit OL in FA... Can't throw a bunch of rookies out there in one year. I am not oppose to drafting an OL obviously, but we need to address the situation with some experience as well.
Of course, the group we would have (if they remain healthy ) to start next year wouldn't be a bunch or rookies. Clady, Sambrailo, Vasquez and such would all have experience. I'm leaning towards 58 on this. I'm not convinced Dennison is the coach this OL needs. I think the talent is there with this group to be a good line with the proper coaching.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get Dennison is kind OL coach but not his job title .

My problem is we really don't have a real OL coach in Clancy Barone his first tim he was our OL was not in the slightest a great run ... I don't get why the thought it was going to be any different ?

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I was so close on my prediction that Latimer would get his first touchdown. I think the biggest switch that comes with Manning not being in is the offense is simplified for everybody. Players have talked about how it is so hard to learn a Manning offense because everything can change about 5 times before the ball is snapped on any given play. I think this is why Latimer actually did pretty well with Osweiler in the line up in it takes away a lot of the option route changes. Looking forward to seeing what they do together the rest of the year.

As for the draft it honestly depends who we bring back and who we don't. The DL has a ton of guys up after this season. We are looking at Malik, Wolfe, and Smith all being gone after this season. My guess is we resign at least one of them but still that leaves a major hole then in the starting DL. So I could see us going in that direction. We will also have some major decisions to make at ILB with Trevathan for sure a FA.

The OL we have used quite a bit of draft value to help this position with 4 picks in the past 2 drafts devoted to this position plus guys like Mathis, Harris, Polumbus, and others brought in through FA. Now FA wise honestly there is not going to be a ton of help for the OL. Interior wise you are looking at Mathis and Wiz2 (the Raiders ex-Center) as the two big names for this next year. Alex Boone maybe can be added to that list. I wouldn't mind us going after Wiz2 to add some quality depth and compete for a starting spot at LG or Center. RT has some bigger names that honestly I could see us going after in Andre Smith (they just drafted his replacement in Cincy), Riley Reiff (having a bad year but I think in the right system could bounce back), and Don Barclay. At LT there is Okung (who could fit our system but will be too expensive in my opinion), Donald Penn (playing really well but is 32 and built more for a power system).

All of that to say I do think we will have to lean a lot on our draft picks the last couple of years for the OL and hope they develop or really hope that Clady comes back and plays like his old All-Pro self. That also gives us the ability to spend our FA money on the defense to keep it together. The core of that group is just getting ready to go into their prime. WE could be looking at a 3 year run with a top-3 defense (barring injuries of course).

This brings me to a position that hasn't been named yet and I know some might fight this but RB is a position I could see us target early in the draft. Ezekiel Elliot looks like a perfect fit for this offense. He is a 3-down player that can be a great safety valve for whoever our QB is. I would also add it is not like the Ohio State OL is this great group that is helping him be a great RB. It is one of the biggest weaknesses on that team in my opinion.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well after reading about mister Barone I am filling a little better him being our OL coach ...
He spent his first 17 years working with offensive lines at the collegiate level before beginning his NFL coaching career with the Falcons in 2004 as their assistant offensive line coach.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he has his Gibbs degree after all ..

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of Elliot the RB but as a duck fan I can't support it (still bitter over the national championship game) As we move away from Peyton you just know they want to focus on the run game more. Bet Kubiak would approve cdumler

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I was so close on my prediction that Latimer would get his first touchdown. I think the biggest switch that comes with Manning not being in is the offense is simplified for everybody. Players have talked about how it is so hard to learn a Manning offense because everything can change about 5 times before the ball is snapped on any given play. I think this is why Latimer actually did pretty well with Osweiler in the line up in it takes away a lot of the option route changes. Looking forward to seeing what they do together the rest of the year.

As for the draft it honestly depends who we bring back and who we don't. The DL has a ton of guys up after this season. We are looking at Malik, Wolfe, and Smith all being gone after this season. My guess is we resign at least one of them but still that leaves a major hole then in the starting DL. So I could see us going in that direction. We will also have some major decisions to make at ILB with Trevathan for sure a FA.

The OL we have used quite a bit of draft value to help this position with 4 picks in the past 2 drafts devoted to this position plus guys like Mathis, Harris, Polumbus, and others brought in through FA. Now FA wise honestly there is not going to be a ton of help for the OL. Interior wise you are looking at Mathis and Wiz2 (the Raiders ex-Center) as the two big names for this next year. Alex Boone maybe can be added to that list. I wouldn't mind us going after Wiz2 to add some quality depth and compete for a starting spot at LG or Center. RT has some bigger names that honestly I could see us going after in Andre Smith (they just drafted his replacement in Cincy), Riley Reiff (having a bad year but I think in the right system could bounce back), and Don Barclay. At LT there is Okung (who could fit our system but will be too expensive in my opinion), Donald Penn (playing really well but is 32 and built more for a power system).

All of that to say I do think we will have to lean a lot on our draft picks the last couple of years for the OL and hope they develop or really hope that Clady comes back and plays like his old All-Pro self. That also gives us the ability to spend our FA money on the defense to keep it together. The core of that group is just getting ready to go into their prime. WE could be looking at a 3 year run with a top-3 defense (barring injuries of course).

This brings me to a position that hasn't been named yet and I know some might fight this but RB is a position I could see us target early in the draft. Ezekiel Elliot looks like a perfect fit for this offense. He is a 3-down player that can be a great safety valve for whoever our QB is. I would also add it is not like the Ohio State OL is this great group that is helping him be a great RB. It is one of the biggest weaknesses on that team in my opinion.
I like Elliot, don`t think drafting a rb is out of question but think 3 rd earliest,but I would take Henry from Bama but he will prob be 1st rd. If however, he were available when Denver were to pk ( notice how I left out number)..... as much as I hate to say this.....he`s the only rb I would take over OL in first rd and not feel stupid...ish. :)
PS. Henry doesn`t rely on 4 ` wide holes to kick butt either. Watch his tapes or gms if you havent already. Beast also.