• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Box Office 2014

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I didn't fight in the war.

My grandparents all escaped from Russia in 1915 to avoid the war. So I specialized in that time period when I got my Masters Degree.

On SportsHoopla, lets acknowledge the 100th anniversary of WWI.

On this day in 1914, Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you write a thesis? Did you have to defend it? What besides early 20th century Russian history was your specialty, or was that it?

The capstone class was a seminar where I had to present 3 original papers and defend them against one student who was assigned the task of questioning me. I also had to do the same for the papers of others.

I didn't really specialize in Russian History, though obviously very interested in it. Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert Massie is a really great work of the late 1800's through the death of the royal family.

I got involved with the US, and their attempts to avoid the war and remain neutral, which of course they weren't.

I also wrote of the English and their attempts to avoid and mediate during July of 1914. I also wrote a paper on Dreadnaughts and the naval battle of Jutland.

No thesis however.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The capstone class was a seminar where I had to present 3 original papers and defend them against one student who was assigned the task of questioning me. I also had to do the same for the papers of others.

I didn't really specialize in Russian History, though obviously very interested in it. Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert Massie is a really great work of the late 1800's through the death of the royal family.

I got involved with the US, and their attempts to avoid the war and remain neutral, which of course they weren't.

I also wrote of the English and their attempts to avoid and mediate during July of 1914. I also wrote a paper on Dreadnaughts and the naval battle of Jutland.

No thesis however.
I can only imagine your acumen at delving into primary sources and incorporating them into lucid prose arguments.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No thesis however.

I wrote a paper on how to get more poon for less money, but it did not go over well.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine your acumen at delving into primary sources and incorporating them into lucid prose arguments.

I love the primary sources, but I'm not a great writer. Always struggled there. I was good at the front of the room presenting my theories, but not at writing.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never go to the movies. I can wait for them. So I didn't have any hand in the decline from last year, I didn't go then either.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never go to the movies. I can wait for them. So I didn't have any hand in the decline from last year, I didn't go then either.

Yes, the real root cause of the problem. Most movies don't lose much translating from the big screen to the home screen these days. Just like sports. And my shoes don't stick to the floor in my Man Cave.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The quality of movies & the increase cost of going to movies is the reason for decrease. They keep regurgitating the same movies over & over. Or the same people keep staring in the same themed movies.

Comedies are really bad at this. You've got Adam Sandler & his crew, Seth Rogan & his crew, & Will Ferrell & his crew churning out the basically the same comedy movies every few months.

Action movies are caught up in sequels & trying to "Michael Bay" every action movie.

Plus the internet allow people who were on this fence about seeing a movie in theater, to get reviews or catch illegal streams to get a better idea if it is worth spending $20+ for 2 hours of "entertainment".

Synopsis: Overall, movies have been pretty terrible outside of the blockbuster films.

My wife and I simply wait until the movies come out on DVD and play it on our kick ass home entertainment system. It makes no sense to us to waste gas and money to pay for something we can do in the comfort and privacy of our home.

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last movie I watched at the Show House...

Was 300...

I have such a nice big screen and sound system..I can wait..

Pluse I like to drink BEER and of course when you drink BEER...you gots to PEE...

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fan of Tarantino movies. I'll pay the extra money to support his work in the theater.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most of the movies [85%] that are put out there should be ''made-for-cable''.......the last time I religiously went to the movies was during the years 1997-2003 [titannic,jurrassic park-3, anaconda, the patriot, blow, joe-dirt, elf, pearl-harbor].....king kong was in 2005 = my last flick...?

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last movie I watched at the Show House...

Was 300...

I have such a nice big screen and sound system..I can wait..

Pluse I like to drink BEER and of course when you drink BEER...you gots to PEE...

And when you gots to PEE... you gots to PAUSE...

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only movies I go too now are the chick flicks that I get dragged to. And besides, there ain't any movies that I would want to see, anyway.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only movies I go too now are the chick flicks that I get dragged to. And besides, there ain't any movies that I would want to see, anyway.

My wife dragged me to a second-run theater to see some movie I'd never heard of. Her friends had raved about it. Imagine my delight when the sign on the door said the projector was broken and that show was cancelled.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still make chick flicks? :noidea:

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're getting dragged to chick flicks, you've lost the pants in your relationship. My condolences.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in the era of black & white TV, when even some theatrical movies were still B&W. Then we got color and the TV sets got larger. Now, we have finally reached the point where we can have a theater-like experience in our own homes, with a big, bright screen and room-filling sound.

And what happens? The kids and 20-somethings are all watching everything on some fucking little 3-inch phone screen with a dipshit 1-inch speaker. Because, well, I suppose because they can.