• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bottles, Cans or Draft Beer?

Pick one or more...

• Bottles

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • Cans

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Draft

Votes: 32 61.5%

• Total voters

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always preferred bottled beer,.........when I used to go to patriot's games I'd buy a couple cases of 16-ounce/bottled/bud-lite,....I'd fill my huge-cooler with ice and throw those beers in them on sat. night,....they'd be all ~chilled~ not frozen when we set off for the game in the Winnebago around 9-am/sunday, my beers were always the first choice with my half-dozen friends and we'd be feeling pretty good by tail-gate/time,......and they were our ''appetizers'' before we switched to Turkey/grey-goose-n-gatorade,.....~sigh/memories~.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*.......my friends had their own beer too,....we pretty much had our own package-store on wheels.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottled beer is best. I get gassy drinking from the tap.:nod:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read through the thread, so I might be an asshole (I've heard I am), but I can't but thinking about:

"Bottles and cans just clap your hands."

-- Beck

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be daft; pick "draft"!

Draft beer from a good micro brewery is like a party in your mouth, and everyone's invited!

Bottles are good for when you're at home, crying in the showe-I mean, watching the game...

Cans are good for when you are drinking in public because they can be disguised as soda cans with only minimal amounts of tomfoolery.

I only invite good looking women to that party. But hey, whatever works for you. :suds:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always preferred bottled beer,.........when I used to go to patriot's games I'd buy a couple cases of 16-ounce/bottled/bud-lite,....I'd fill my huge-cooler with ice and throw those beers in them on sat. night,....they'd be all ~chilled~ not frozen when we set off for the game in the Winnebago around 9-am/sunday, my beers were always the first choice with my half-dozen friends and we'd be feeling pretty good by tail-gate/time,......and they were our ''appetizers'' before we switched to Turkey/grey-goose-n-gatorade,.....~sigh/memories~.

Bud lite doesn't matter if it's transmitted via bottle, can or pissed into your mouth by your friend. Bud lite is awful. Admitting you drink it deserves ridicule.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beer's enemy is light. All bottles (other than the aluminum bottle which always contains garbage) allow light into beer.

Draught then! Yes, but only if the tap lines are being maintained. Old nasty tap lines will ruin any beer running through them. The large quantity of beer in kegs can also lead to beer not moving quickly. If the business isn't selling much IPA and that keg sits there for 3 months, it's not going to be very good when you order your pint.

Therefore, cans are the best method for serving beer. No light, no dirty tap lines, no old beer if you look for canning dates.

Shit, I'm drinking a Half Acre IPA out of a can right now.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:bawling:
Beer's enemy is light. All bottles (other than the aluminum bottle which always contains garbage) allow light into beer.

Draught then! Yes, but only if the tap lines are being maintained. Old nasty tap lines will ruin any beer running through them. The large quantity of beer in kegs can also lead to beer not moving quickly. If the business isn't selling much IPA and that keg sits there for 3 months, it's not going to be very good when you order your pint.

Therefore, cans are the best method for serving beer. No light, no dirty tap lines, no old beer if you look for canning dates.

Shit, I'm drinking a Half Acre IPA out of a can right now.

I am always amused when my friends tell me that drinking from a can makes the beer taste "tinny". First off, how do you know what tin tastes like? Second, you are drinking a beer with not much of a flavor profile. Third, pour the beer from the can into a glass.

The typical reply to that is, "Why I can just drink from the bottle."

I have to admit, I used to be a bottle snob, but since I discovered that pouring into a glass and allowing it to de-gas, kept me from burping as much, drinking from glassware is now my preferred method of consumption.

OregonRob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a tavern, draft. At home, bottles. Most of my favorite IPAs come in bottles.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bud lite doesn't matter if it's transmitted via bottle, can or pissed into your mouth by your friend. Bud lite is awful. Admitting you drink it deserves ridicule.
me and my friends drink bud-lite [who fkkn cares..?], we're all approaching 50,...we're not twenty-something yr. old ''tuff-iez''....like you.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canned beer tasting funny or metallic is a myth-it's all in yer head. Back in the day, when longnecks were recycled and refilled, it made some sense to drink bottled beer. Now it's not economical to recycle glass so it just piles up somewhere.

Most of the beers I drink at home (Dale's, O'dells, NB, ect) have a can option, which I buy, but a lot of good craft beers don't have a can option.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep a keg of something light like Bud Light and buy craft beers in bottles when I want something good. I used to buy good kegs but they are expensive and having a keg of high ABV beer on tends to turn me into an asshole.