• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bottles, Cans or Draft Beer?

Pick one or more...

• Bottles

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • Cans

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Draft

Votes: 32 61.5%

• Total voters

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At home, bottles primarily because better beer generally comes in bottles. Craft beer is starting to become available in cans as the beer is less prone to skunking in a can than a bottle.

I'd have assumed it would be the other way round, although as I said, that might be because I'm used to cider, which is acidic as hell and probably degrades the shit out of cans.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always draft in a bar... and the glass better be clean or I will bring it to the attention of the waiting staff.

Home - bottles. Shiner Bock in a can is nasty.

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a FREE option? That's always my favourite.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottles always, I honestly don't understand how people can drink out of a can...

CusswordJim

playing with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<hands Canuck last can of Old Milwalkee in fridge...>
asa kid we used to get that crap by the cases because it was cheap....and thru the summer we couldn`t keep it cold......just the thought now of drinking that nasty crap warm is making me gag......

We also used to get kegs a lot....I had a flatbed truck, we would have it on the back wrapped in moving mats...be driving down the road and someone would climb out to fill up everybody`s cups....I would be driving and climb out even...I feel lucky to be alive with all the stupid drunk stuff I have pulled over the years.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
asa kid we used to get that crap by the cases because it was cheap....and thru the summer we couldn`t keep it cold......just the thought now of drinking that nasty crap warm is making me gag......

We also used to get kegs a lot....I had a flatbed truck, we would have it on the back wrapped in moving mats...be driving down the road and someone would climb out to fill up everybody`s cups....I would be driving and climb out even...I feel lucky to be alive with all the stupid drunk stuff I have pulled over the years.

Buddy of mine and I rented a place up at Lake Texoma one summer. Jack wad mooching "friends" used to come up there and drink all my buddy's Coors Light (I drank Miller Lite and they never saw fit to touch mine). So we bought a 12 pack of Old Mil and put it in the fridge. Of course, those fuckers wouldn't touch it. So the next time they came up, we drank beer out of mugs with my buddy pouring. Those fools finished off the entire 12 pack without even knowing it.

Fuckin' losers...

CusswordJim

playing with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buddy of mine and I rented a place up at Lake Texoma one summer. Jack wad mooching "friends" used to come up there and drink all my buddy's Coors Light (I drank Miller Lite and they never saw fit to touch mine). So we bought a 12 pack of Old Mil and put it in the fridge. Of course, those fuckers wouldn't touch it. So the next time they came up, we drank beer out of mugs with my buddy pouring. Those fools finished off the entire 12 pack without even knowing it.

Fuckin' losers...
do you remember Hamms beer...I don1`t know if it is still around or not, but we started getting that because they were almost giving it away back in the late 70`s...me and one friend would get 3 cases and barely get pass out drunk from it...no alcohol content at all, but we were thinking we were bad ass drinkers that summer....then one time we got a case of something else...passed out before it was even gone and hungover for two days, haha!

That Hamms beer must have just been soiled water.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft
Bottles

Hate drinking beer from a can.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you remember Hamms beer...I don1`t know if it is still around or not, but we started getting that because they were almost giving it away back in the late 70`s...me and one friend would get 3 cases and barely get pass out drunk from it...no alcohol content at all, but we were thinking we were bad ass drinkers that summer....then one time we got a case of something else...passed out before it was even gone and hungover for two days, haha!

Had an uncle that drank that shit. Tried it once in the USAF.

Grain Belt beer was better than that swill.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone's going to have to explain the survey results to me...

That's not math as I recognize it.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We used to buy Hamms in returnable bottles it had weird facts or something under the bottle caps but Hamms in a bottle nice and cold wasn't bad at all...

CusswordJim

playing with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We used to buy Hamms in returnable bottles it had weird facts or something under the bottle caps but Hamms in a bottle nice and cold wasn't bad at all...
I`ve never seen it in a bottle...it was always cans, and dirt cheap!

Remember the Hamms bear commercials ?

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone's going to have to explain the survey results to me...

That's not math as I recognize it.

Multiple selections are possible for each voter.

So with the current numbers, 16 people have voted in the poll. 8 of those people have said they like bottled beer (8/16=50%), 4 said they liked cans (4/16=25%), and 9 like draft (9/16=56.25%). Obviously, several people voted for at least 2 if not all 3 options. So you can't just assume the sum of the percentages will be 100%.

CusswordJim

playing with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So with the current numbers, 16 people have voted in the poll. 8 of those people have said they like bottled beer (8/16=50%), 4 said they liked cans (4/16=25%), and 9 like draft (9/16=56.25%). Obviously, several people voted for at least 2 if not all 3 options. So you can't just assume the sum of the percentages will be 100%.
Ahhhhh....I was with Otis thinking...what the hell!

It makes sense with how you broke it down :-)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like bottles the best, IDK why tho probably because of "99 Bottles"

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for the clarification. I was afraid this would turn into that stupid math quiz from "The Big Bang Theory" that keeps showing up on my Facebook account.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the clarification. I was afraid this would turn into that stupid math quiz from "The Big Bang Theory" that keeps showing up on my Facebook account.

No problem.

Haven't seen the math quiz you're referring to yet on my Facebook, but we've had a few threads on SportsHoopla over the years regarding certain concepts that really bring to light the arrogance/ignorance of many.

CusswordJim

playing with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not beer....but something else we used to get as kids was a wine called Muscatel.....I know I totally butchered that name...but that was some good stuff...tasted like grape soda kinda, but had a high alcohol content.....great for foolish kids like I was.