• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bolts made Edmonton look good.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just what I have been saying about our D. Allowing Edmonton 40 shots, passing puck to the wrong team. Poor Bishop, he truly is a 1 man D!!!!!! C'mon, this was not a good team we were playing & even though they lost they are probably the ones going away with the morale boost. I truly hope Stevie You sharpens his pencil & lands a talented, skilled puck handling D-man soon! Great that we won but really a cruddy game played by the Bolts. :lame:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is next up, I hope the Bolts don't play like this against them. It would be a sure loss to the Wings.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see any of the game so I'll take your word on it, hope this isn't a sign of bad things to come for Tampa - they need to be able to not give up a ton of shots - I know Ben Bishop is good when he gets more shots on net against him but that's a bad way of trying to win games, especially late in the season and come playoff time

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just what I have been saying about our D. Allowing Edmonton 40 shots, passing puck to the wrong team. Poor Bishop, he truly is a 1 man D!!!!!! C'mon, this was not a good team we were playing & even though they lost they are probably the ones going away with the morale boost. I truly hope Stevie You sharpens his pencil & lands a talented, skilled puck handling D-man soon! Great that we won but really a cruddy game played by the Bolts. :lame:
yep bishop won this game for sure stevie needs and number 1 defenseman!

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stamkos was our only effective player last night. Oh yeah Bishop also. We sure could have used Seth Jones last night !

Last edited by a moderator:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolt, I agree on the Seth Jones. What a mistake!!!!!

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One bad game and all of a sudden we need a # 1 Dman, I don't get it? Look we were terrible last night but that doesn't erase what we've done defensively in the other 11 or 12 games were we have been solid and respectable defensively. Last time I checked we are 6th in Goals allowed and although Bishop has been superb the defense has improved vastly from years pasted under Boucher. Last night I think the combination of having 4 days off between games and the Oilers overall speed just threw the Bolts off. The sloppy mistakes we definitely a sign of a rust, practicing and playing in meaningful games are completely different and the bolts just looked flat. As Cooper said we haven't give up that amount of scoring chances in the last 6 games than what we gave up last night. The defense is fine, outside of last night and a couple of occasions were they've played the likes of the Blackhawks and the Bruins, the D has looked fine. Is our D perfect? no, could it be better? yes, thinking of it would I like to see the Bolts add more depth on the blueline? yeah but one bad game doesn't equate to needing a #1 Dman.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One bad game and all of a sudden we need a # 1 Dman, I don't get it? Look we were terrible last night but that doesn't erase what we've done defensively in the other 11 or 12 games were we have been solid and respectable defensively. Last time I checked we are 6th in Goals allowed and although Bishop has been superb the defense has improved vastly from years pasted under Boucher. Last night I think the combination of having 4 days off between games and the Oilers overall speed just threw the Bolts off. The sloppy mistakes we definitely a sign of a rust, practicing and playing in meaningful games are completely different and the bolts just looked flat. As Cooper said we haven't give up that amount of scoring chances in the last 6 games than what we gave up last night. The defense is fine, outside of last night and a couple of occasions were they've played the likes of the Blackhawks and the Bruins, the D has looked fine. Is our D perfect? no, could it be better? yes, thinking of it would I like to see the Bolts add more depth on the blueline? yeah but one bad game doesn't equate to needing a #1 Dman.

Alright, with all due respect because I love your posts on here very much, I have listed below some stats since and including the Oct. 24th game against the Blackhawks.

vs. Blackhawks 10/24: Allowed 43 shots on goal // 10 Giveaways
vs. Sabres 10/26: Allowed 22 shots on goal // 15 Giveaways
vs. Cats 10/27: Allowed 28 // 6 Giveaways
vs. Jersey 10/29: Allowed 22 SoG // 1 Giveaway
vs. Carolina 11/1: Allowed 31 SoG // 15 Giveaways
vs. Blues 11/2: Allowed 30 SoG // 7 Giveaways
vs. Edmonton 11/7: Allowed 40 SoG // 9 Giveaways

Altogether, 216 shots on goal in only those listed games and only 16 goals scored. That to me says, way to go Ben Bishop and not our D.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolt, I agree on the Seth Jones. What a mistake!!!!!
you guys have to ask yourself this question ? will Drouin be better ? or Seth Jones be better over the next 15 years ? If I was a betting man I would say Drouin will be better in the long run. When St.Louis retires they have drouin ready by then to step in how many teams can say that in the nhl ?

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, with all due respect because I love your posts on here very much, I have listed below some stats since and including the Oct. 24th game against the Blackhawks.

vs. Blackhawks 10/24: Allowed 43 shots on goal // 10 Giveaways
vs. Sabres 10/26: Allowed 22 shots on goal // 15 Giveaways
vs. Cats 10/27: Allowed 28 // 6 Giveaways
vs. Jersey 10/29: Allowed 22 SoG // 1 Giveaway
vs. Carolina 11/1: Allowed 31 SoG // 15 Giveaways
vs. Blues 11/2: Allowed 30 SoG // 7 Giveaways
vs. Edmonton 11/7: Allowed 40 SoG // 9 Giveaways

Altogether, 216 shots on goal in only those listed games and only 16 goals scored. That to me says, way to go Ben Bishop and not our D.

I have much respect for you and I think this post is quite in depth but I still think our D is ok especially when you compare it to last year. I think there has been games were we have been sloppy but nowhere close to the extent of last year and I suppose that's the standards i'm comparing the D too.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have much respect for you and I think this post is quite in depth but I still think our D is ok especially when you compare it to last year. I think there has been games were we have been sloppy but nowhere close to the extent of last year and I suppose that's the standards i'm comparing the D too.

ok, I can & will agree with you. The D is improved from last year. But I still feel they have a long way to go. As far as Jones, I still feel that Fillp better fills Mary's shoes because his age will be true leadership like Marty now. 15 yrs down the stretch, I see Jones being better & long lived. He'll be dishing the hits still. How many hits do you think Drouin will be able to absorb? Look at Crosby, not too many more hit absorption before he retires.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember listening to the Bolt vs Blackhawk game on Sirius Radio, Chicago coverage. :bawling: One of the commentators stated that he didn't know who had better puck control, Kane or Fillp. Remember, this was a Chicago network stating this & not Tampa. I really think that's why Stevie Y. brought in Fillp, to fill Marty's skates.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Jones stats so far this season (taken from nhl.com):

GP:16 G:2 A:5 P:7 +/-:-3 PIM:2 PPG:1 SHG:0 GWG:1 S:26 S%:7

Looks like Drouin is lighting it up in Juniors, but that is expected. He is rated as an elite already. We'll see what he can do against the big boys!

Last edited by a moderator: