• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A big slash trade that i'm going to throught out there

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit random but deal or now deal?

Lightning get : Ryan Kesler, Kevin Bieksa and a mid/low prospect (Joseph Labate)

Canucks get : Teddy Purcell, Brett Connolly, Vladislav Namestinkov, Luke Witkowski and a 1st round pick and a conditional pick.

I know it's a bit random or isn't? Well exactly is it?

Lightning

Bolts need a top 4 dman, I like Bieksa and it wouldn't surprise me if he's shopped around considering the state of the Canucks. The Canucks are in rebuild mode and with only 2 years left on his deal I can see Bieksa being moved. I like him, I think he's the sort of D man we need, plays all situation, tough, physical, durable a leader, provide experience to a young blueline, played under Rick Bowness in Vancouver. I just think he'd be a perfect guy for the likes of Hedman, Gudas, Sustr and even Carle for that matter to look up to.

Ryan Kesler? I know. He's was shopped at the deadline and we were on his list. Kesler is a very, very good 2nd line Center, better than Filppula. Again I guy who plays all situations, a leader, just all around good hockey player. Put 40 goals up the other year put anything around the 25 range is solid.

Well also gat a mid level prospect is Labate who plays at his hockey on the University of Wisconsin. 6"4 190lbs Power forward Center/Winger who could have a future has a bottom 6 forward, kinda what we lack In our system.

Canucks

Take on Teddy Purcell's contract but bolts retain some salary of the deal. I think Teddy would be a good fit for Canucks, especially with the Sedin's. Teddy is a puck possession guy and that fits into how the Sedin's play.

Connolly, high skill level but too inconsistent. Still only 21 years old considering it seems like he's been for ages. Canucks need to get younger upfront and Connolly is B.C kid, a change of scenery would be good for him.

Namestinkov, a big fan of his but I think he's kinda got the short straw in this organization. Bolts have 4 good centres as it is, it seems like Cooper like Paquette's physical nature too so Namestinkov is a surplus. I think Vladdy will make a very good 2nd line Center in the future and the Canucks need youth in the middle of the ice.

Witkowski, I like him too but I think he's somewhat limited offensively. He does have top 4 ceiling but will get there? Hard to say but either way he's a pretty good stay at home defenseman and with the likes of Gudas and Sustr and with Dotchin and recently signed Dylan Blujus coming through the ranks, the bolts seems ok with righty handed D men.

Assessment

I very doubt a deal like this happens simply because of the fact Yzerman hates trading his prospects but he's going to have to in order to improve this defense as the FA market is weak. In saying that Yzerman is a bold GM. He's active and is not afraid to make moves. Vinny was a franchise legend, he's gone, Marty was a franchise legend, he's gone. I think although the deal above is a somewhat risky move considering you lose quite a few prospects, I think the NHL would be put on notice that Yzerman and the bolts are for real with a team like this:

Palat-Stamkos-Johnson
Filppula-Kesler-Callahan
Killorn-Drouin-Kucherov
Brown-Thompson-Panik

Paquette-Crombeen

Hedman-Bieksa
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Sustr

Barberio

Bishop
Lindback/Gudlevskis

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Working out the contract thought it would be a bit of a squeeze including resigning Bish. Brewer contract comes off the books soon but then the year after Stamkos is a UFA and the bolts can't afford to lose him.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the Bolts keep making the playoffs Stamkos will be happy to play here.