• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bolts host the Preds

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PREDATORS (16-15-3) 35 PTS. at LIGHTNING (20-11-3) 43 PTS.

Last 10: Nashville 4-5-1; Tampa Bay 5-3-2

Season series: This is the 1st game between these 2 teams since Oct. 27th, 2011. The Preds have won each of the past 3 contests, and each has featured at least 7 goals.

Big story: Each team has won three of its past four games, and the Lightning could be in second place in the Atlantic Division when the games conclude Thursday night. :clap:

Who's hot: Hutton has allowed seven goals in the past four contests, turning aside 121 of 128 shots shots against. Bishop has yielded three goals in his past three games, all victories, and has stopped 89 of 91 shots in that span.

Injury report: Hutton is playing in part because Rinne (hip) is out and Mazanec (illness) was unavailable for the game Tuesday. … Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman (lower body) will return against the Predators after missing the past six games. Stamkos (leg), Ryan Malone (angle), Tom Pyatt (collarbone), Keith Aulie (hand) and Brian Lee (knee) are out.

TEAM STATS:
PREDS:
GP 34 AWAY 8-8-1 G/G 2.29 GA/G 2.71 PP% 19.6 PK% 83.9 PIM 10.7 S/G 28.4 SA/G 30 FO% 54.3
BOLTS: GP 34 HOME 12-3-1 G/G 2.59 GA/G 2.38 PP% 15.4 PK% 83.8 PIM 11.4 S/G 28.4 SA/G 29.4 FO% 47.9

I_Shall's Skinny: The Preds are being hit by the Flu bug as of late. This may end up being like the game we had against the Quacks in Tampa (before the Quacks got healthy). The Bolts really need to focus on shooting, using their speed and puck handling skills instead of luck at the end of the game. The Predators are 14-0-1 when they score at least three goals. We really need great team D tonight because of that stat! I say we win at home 3-1, hopefully, a shutout but I wouldn't bet money on our D or team helping our net-minder with that. GOOOOOOOOOOO BOLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo::hope: :clap: :feedback:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Bolt, just thought of this! We may see what the Bolts could have had tonight. Seth plays for the Preds. Bishop has never faced the Preds and I guess he still will not. Starting net-minder for the Bolts is Lindback. I hope Lindback shines tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Jones could do nothing as the lightning spanked him and nashville. When Drouin gets to tampa you guys will forget about seth jones. It reminds me when people complained about the conacher for Bishop trade.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Seth Jones played good. The trouble was he had no-one to play with.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Jones is good I just think Drouin is going to be the better player by far

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To dd1a;42 farpre15836 said:
Seth Jones could do nothing as the lightning spanked him and nashville. When Drouin gets to tampa you guys will forget about seth jones. It reminds me when people complained about the conacher for Bishop trade.

Sometimes I wonder if you really watch the game at all. Seth played great. Put a spanking on at least 2 of the Bolts players, 1 behind his net separating player from puck. I think that player was wondering what truck hit him! He was an excellent point man, shot on net & really looked far more mature in hockey than his 19 yrs of life. Also, for the record, I never complained about Conacher. Too me he was another talented but undersized girl that never shot just passed like the others!

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Jones is good I just think Drouin is going to be the better player by far

Twice hurt already...maybe another Crosby? We'll see if he'll even compare.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again Bolt, I agree with you. I thought he & Gudas would be a great pairing or he & Hedman when I was watching the game. But instead we got a Jr's player! Whoopie doopie doo!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Bolt, I agree with you. I thought he & Gudas would be a great pairing or he & Hedman when I was watching the game. But instead we got a Jr's player! Whoopie doopie doo!
Seth Jones is a soft skilled defenseman! you can't put him with Hedman! putting him with Gudas would have been fine. Seth Jones can play tough when he wants to the trouble is his game he plays a lot is like a matt carle. Why the bad rap on Jonthan Drouin ? do I want to be like the oilers and put players in the nhl before they are ready ? heck no I don't. This is the NHL draft they come in at 18 years old! not the NFL draft where they come it at 21 or 22 years old. So if you are a nashville fan why did they take seth Jones because they can't score enough goals! why did they pass on Sean Monahan ? When marty St.louis retires who would you replace him with Seth Jones ?

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I wonder if you really watch the game at all. Seth played great. Put a spanking on at least 2 of the Bolts players, 1 behind his net separating player from puck. I think that player was wondering what truck hit him! He was an excellent point man, shot on net & really looked far more mature in hockey than his 19 yrs of life. Also, for the record, I never complained about Conacher. Too me he was another talented but undersized girl that never shot just passed like the others!
I did not say you I said some people complained about the conacher trade! If seth Jones trucked someone get a photo because it does not happen a lot.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26 hits in 35 games for Seth Jones yep I was right not even 1 hit a game pace

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When marty St.louis retires who would you replace him with Seth Jones ?

I love Marty. He is a puck handling play maker & can also score. Whether you want to face it or not, Stevie Y comes from the Detroit organization & knew how good of a puck handler Fillp is & also knows that he can be a valuable play maker. He also is no stranger to scoring. There's your replacement to Marty. In my opinion, I do believe that's why Stevie Y got him from Detroit.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd buddy, I googled the hits but couldn't find vid of it but look at box score of game & under stat you'll see he had 2. Man, I tell you that the hit he laid on I think it was Purcell was awesome! He somewhat reminds me of Boyle. Only because he's a puck handling son of a gun that quickly brings or gets the puck to the offensive zone swiftly.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Seth Jones only 19 years old? Not too many 19year old dmen have dominated the NHL, not even Bobby Orr. The very fact he's playing in the NHL at this age is quite remarkable.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He played good but man Ryan Ellis isn't someone to play with? I wouldn't mind having Ellis on this team.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win by the Bolts, good team win and nice to see Cote getting in the action.

As for Drouin vs Jones. Look both are going to be good players, I think Drouin was the right pick. Jones is in the NHL, Drouin's in the minors so what? Sure you'd want Drouin at this level helping the team like Jones is now for the Preds but i'd rather have Drouin playing top line minutes in Junior rather than playing 2nd/3rd line here in Tampa, that's what he would of most likely been playing when the team is 100% healthy that is why he was sent to Junior because of the depth of this team. Let him continue to grow in the Minors ready for next year when he will be apart of this team.

Now you could argue Jones could of made this team and be playing right now but the pick wasn't made for now it's for going forward. I like our defense to be honest, do I sit there and think it could be upgraded for sure but I think with have a decent defense that we can get by with. Looking forward I think Heddy, Guddy, Sustr and Barberio are all keepers as they all continue to get better, don't forget Carle will be sticking around for a while and I think Guddy brings the best out of him. I think Carle's having a very good season. I think Yzerman will look to improve the defense during the summer, whether than be via FA (Dan Girardi maybe Brooks Oprik?) or by trade, he has the chips and the money to acquire defense whichever way. Don't forget we have some prospects coming through the ranks who could make this team in a couple of years; Koekkoek, Blujus and Dotchin. Koekkoek seems legit after a shaky season last year, a league leading +35. Please to god hope he keeps healthy because I think he has some serious potential. Blujus has struggled but has talent to be a top 4 Dman and Dotchin is a very surprising +21 who is a physical stay-at-home defenseman, I think he'll end up like an Adam McQuaid type of player so I think our defense is in good shape going forward.

At the end of the day both Drouin and Jones will be good players. Drouin is a huge bargaining chip to get Stammer commit long term, Marty isn't going to last for ever and Val isn't the replacement for Marty, it's Drouin. Val's a good player but he's not a top line player who replaces a player of Marty's quality, that's Drouin, a huge reason why we picked him 3rd overall. Drouin is going to make a living feeding the likes of Stammer and Kucherov in a couple of year's it's going to be fun to watch trust me!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Marty. He is a puck handling play maker & can also score. Whether you want to face it or not, Stevie Y comes from the Detroit organization & knew how good of a puck handler Fillp is & also knows that he can be a valuable play maker. He also is no stranger to scoring. There's your replacement to Marty. In my opinion, I do believe that's why Stevie Y got him from Detroit.
no disrespect to Fillp but he is not going to replace marty! St.Louis is a future hall a famer. Val's highest point total in a season has been 66 points! heck marty had 60 points last year in only 48 games! I shall return ? it's all about getting Stamkos to commit long term in tampa! does Drouin or Jones do that for him ? Drouin will come to the nhl next season and run away with the calder trophy. Stevie Y is a smart GM and he knows he needed a future replacment for St.Louis down the road that guy is Drouin. Yzerman will address the defense in the offseason via trade or FA cap wise we are in good shape.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no disrespect to Fillp but he is not going to replace marty! St.Louis is a future hall a famer. Val's highest point total in a season has been 66 points! heck marty had 60 points last year in only 48 games! I shall return ? it's all about getting Stamkos to commit long term in tampa! does Drouin or Jones do that for him ? Drouin will come to the nhl next season and run away with the calder trophy. Stevie Y is a smart GM and he knows he needed a future replacment for St.Louis down the road that guy is Drouin. Yzerman will address the defense in the offseason via trade or FA cap wise we are in good shape.

Totally agree!

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Filppula as a replacement for Vinny ? I doubt we'd be in as good a shape if Vinny had stayed.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Filppula as a replacement for Vinny ? I doubt we'd be in as good a shape if Vinny had stayed.
That I agree with Filppula has been a great replacment for Vinny! Val brings more play making and a better two way game then vinny did.