• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Stamkos, What's the plan?

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Stamkos possible losing several months, what's the plan Stevie Y? Stick with what we have or make a move? If Yzerman believes this is for real then he's gotta try and make a move. I think losing Stamkos is going to kill us, i'd expect them to remain competitive but find it extremely hard to put the puck in the net.

Making a deal at this point is going to be extremely hard but I think Yzerman's going to have to make one if he's serious about this team. This deal is somewhat from far left field but as a suggestion what about this:

Mike Cammalleri and Joey MacDonald for Anders Lindback, Nate Thompson, prospect or a pick.

Flames get Lindback, the Flames need a goalie of the future, Lindback could be that guy if he blossoms but he'd be by far their most talented goalie in the organization. Thompson could be a keeper for the flames or they could move him for assets closer to the deadline which is in their interest as they are rebuilding. Then the pick would be a high one or a prospect such as Brown or Richard, take your pick!

The bolts get Cammalleri, Flames are rebuilding and if the Bolts do decide to make a deal if wold most likely be a rental like Cammalleri. Not the player he once was but still a decent sniper who could be our # 1 Center, he's more offensively gifted than Filppula who isn't good enough to be the team's # 1 Center in replace of Stamkos. I think he'd be a nice fit, good wheels and can shoot the puck and you pair that with Marty's playmaking, perhaps they click. Joey MacDonald would be the # 2 goalie behind Bishop, the problem is with this deal if anything happens to Bish your screwed.

Lines :

Killorn-Cammalleri-Marty
Purcell-Val-Connolly
Palat-Johnson-Panik
Malone-Tyrell/Angelidis-Crombeen

Lines when Stammer hopefully returns :

Killorn-Stamkos-Marty
Cammalleri-Val-Purcell
Palat-Johnson-Connolly/Panik
Malone-Pyatt-Crombeen

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about call up Jonathan Drouin?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would sit tight for about a week or two, see how they do and then I would maybe make a move - Vinny Prospal could be a guy they bring in - I don't think there would be a need to trade guys, especially important guys like Nate Thompson(who is critical to their PK)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks. That would've been the best way to compensate for the scoring loss without giving up a major piece. I still don't like how they sent him to the juniors. Dude has the talent to contribute now.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the idea of giving up Lindback, Danny, because it's the 1st time in a looooong time the Bolts have had a really good net minder in Bishop. Lindback really make a very quality backup & played a great game against the B's today. Like you stated, if something happens to Bishop we are done (if we don't have Lindback).

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Doobster is clueless on how the Lightning could replace Stamkos. I just wish him a speedy recovery. NHL has temporarily lost one of its greatest superstars. Really a shame.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to call up Nikita Kucherov and move alex killorn to play center! that is the way I would go. Kucherov is a sniper and can score goals but he plays the wing. forget trades I'm not giving up prospects of picks the lightning have the depth in the minors it's time for yzerman to deliver and use that depth! get well # 91 I wish you a speedy recover time frame.

purcell-Val-Marty
Kucherov -killorn-Connolly
Palat-Johnson-Panik
Malone-Thompson/Angelidis-Crombeen

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Yzerman will probably stand pat for now, i'd expect a callup to be made today, either Vladdy Namestinkov or Kucherov, most likely Vladdy. I also think a callup should be made on the blueline, most likely J.P Cote with Taormina on the shelf.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Yzerman will probably stand pat for now, i'd expect a callup to be made today, either Vladdy Namestinkov or Kucherov, most likely Vladdy. I also think a callup should be made on the blueline, most likely J.P Cote with Taormina on the shelf.
I think it will be Kucherov! yzerman told the tampa bay times if top min's open up in tampa he will get the call they have been really impressed by his play. Vladdy is not a big goal scorer kucherov is and I expect bret connolly to play a bigger role. They can use Johnson or killorn as the number two center at this point I think kucherov is better then connolly right now. Tampa I think can still sneak into the playoffs we still have some scorers and solid goaltending from bishop till stamkos gets back in late march or april I project. Trades are ugly out there I really don't like anyone to pick up on the trade block right now.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drouin is the logical choice to bring up. Cobiemonster where did you hear they can bring him up for one day only ? They only sent him downbecause they felt he could use more seasoning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drouin is the logical choice to bring up. Cobiemonster where did you hear they can bring him up for one day only ?

The Leafs did this with Kadri before where they called him up as an emergency junior call-up for one game

So if the Lightning wanted to, Drouin could be called up for one game

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read where they called up JT Brown. Odd choice if you ask me, but I'm not running the club.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read where they called up JT Brown. Odd choice if you ask me, but I'm not running the club.

How is it odd? Someone has to be called up and nobody is going to single-handedly replace Steven Stamkos - he's not that bad of a young player

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah J.T Brown and Dimity Korobov were recalled from Syracuse. Brown is not a bad little player, perhaps less of a scoring threat than Namestinkov and Kucherov but does the little things right, good speed, gritty, defensively sound and has a good shot. I actually thought Brown would of made the team out of camp so i'm glad to see him up here. Korobov as also impressed me, I thought he and Sustr was the best D men on that Crunch team last year during the Calder Cup Finals. Plays a simple game with a physical edge.

Lines tonight (in my opinion)

11 Forwards

Malone-Val-Marty
Purcell-Killorn-Connolly
Palat-Johnson-Panik
Brown-Thompson

7 Defenseman

Hedman-Gudas
Carle-Brewer
Barberio-Sustr
Korobov

Bishop

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah J.T Brown and Dimity Korobov were recalled from Syracuse. Brown is not a bad little player, perhaps less of a scoring threat than Namestinkov and Kucherov but does the little things right, good speed, gritty, defensively sound and has a good shot. I actually thought Brown would of made the team out of camp so i'm glad to see him up here. Korobov as also impressed me, I thought he and Sustr was the best D men on that Crunch team last year during the Calder Cup Finals. Plays a simple game with a physical edge.

Lines tonight (in my opinion)

11 Forwards

Malone-Val-Marty
Purcell-Killorn-Connolly
Palat-Johnson-Panik
Brown-Thompson

7 Defenseman

Hedman-Gudas
Carle-Brewer
Barberio-Sustr
Korobov

Bishop

Not a bad set of lines considering they're without their superstar.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad set of lines considering they're without their superstar.
Jt brown I really don't like the call up he will be a good 4th line player but really thats it. One of the russian players would have been better to call up. But I bet yzerman does not want to split up the russians. I guess they are going to try bret connolly at center for a while to see how it works. At least ben bishop held the team in the game tonight go lightning!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drouin is the logical choice to bring up. Cobiemonster where did you hear they can bring him up for one day only ? They only sent him downbecause they felt he could use more seasoning.
I would rather have Nikita Kucherov from our ahl team he is way more ready the drouin would be. But they could only get drouin for one game anyway so we won't see drouin till the 2014-2015 season.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice first win without Stankos. Bishop came up big again. Big ups to Jon Cooper for having the team ready.