• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blow It Up!!!

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually found myself checking the standings before this game and asking myself: "After they win tonight, are they in contention for that 8th playoff spot?"

With this loss, and all the tough games on the horizon, it's back to: "So, what are the chances the Ws actually have a 1st round draft pick after all?"

Warriors Current record 11-15 (9th worst)

Upcoming games:

At Oklahoma LOSS

At Memphis Likely LOSS

Clippers Likely LOSS

6 game road trip against Phoenix, Indiana, Atlanta, Phlly, Toronto, Washington. Probable record: 2-4.

Looking at the schedule, I count about five games where The Warriors would be heavily favored to win. Sadly (wait, should I be sad?), it appears likely the Ws might get a draft pick this year after all.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually found myself checking the standings before this game and asking myself: "After they win tonight, are they in contention for that 8th playoff spot?"

With this loss, and all the tough games on the horizon, it's back to: "So, what are the chances the Ws actually have a 1st round draft pick after all?"

Upcoming games:

At Oklahoma LOSS

At Memphis Likely LOSS

Clippers Likely LOSS

6 game road trip against Phoenix, Indiana, Atlanta, Phlly, Toronto, Washington. Probable record: 2-4.

Looking at the schedule, I count about five games where The Warriors would be heavily favored to win. Sadly (wait, should I be sad?), it appears likely the Ws might get a draft pick this year after all.

Maybe that was the plan all along...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W's are 8-9 at home, and 3-6 on the road. If those percentages hold up, they'll go 8-8 at home the rest of the way, and 8-16 on the road. Final record of 27-39, which would leave them at .409 win pct. Right now, that's a #9 pick. Utah's plan is working perfectly.

Smithers, release the hounds!

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W's are 8-9 at home, and 3-6 on the road. If those percentages hold up, they'll go 8-8 at home the rest of the way, and 8-16 on the road. Final record of 27-39, which would leave them at .409 win pct. Right now, that's a #9 pick. Utah's plan is working perfectly.

Smithers, release the hounds!

F-U-D-G-E. :hurt:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins on FIRE today:

From this viewpoint, there are two untouchables on the Warriors' roster: Thompson and Stephen Curry. And it's very evident that Monta Ellis has to be traded, as soon as possible. Ellis is an elite scorer, but the Warriors can't stick with this roster and expect to contend ... Here's the scary part: Ellis, by himself, may not have enough value to be exchanged for a dominant big man. His reputation around the league simply isn't that great ... No wonder the Warriors get so little respect. With a ludicrous name like "Golden State," nobody even knows where they're located

Read more: NBA Commissioner David Stern needs to go

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jenkins on FIRE today:

From this viewpoint, there are two untouchables on the Warriors' roster: Thompson and Stephen Curry. And it's very evident that Monta Ellis has to be traded, as soon as possible. Ellis is an elite scorer, but the Warriors can't stick with this roster and expect to contend ... Here's the scary part: Ellis, by himself, may not have enough value to be exchanged for a dominant big man. His reputation around the league simply isn't that great ... No wonder the Warriors get so little respect. With a ludicrous name like "Golden State," nobody even knows where they're located

Read more: NBA Commissioner David Stern needs to go

Jenkins is a tool. Period.

We all know that Monta alone will not fetch an elite big man. There are approximately FOUR point guards in all of the NBA who, by themselves, would fetch an elite big man in a 1-for-1 trade. Guards who can shoot and control the ball are plentiful. Guys who are 6-10 and taller who can rebound, block out and score at will are at a premium.

So his bloviations that Monta has a bad rep around the league are total and complete bullshit.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One more thing: There should not be ANY Warriors player who is untouchable. Period. There's not a single player on the team who is good enough by himself to carry this team into the playoffs. There's not one player on this team who is in danger of ever being labeled as a superstar.

If the Magic called and offered Dwight Howard - with an extended contract - for Curry, Thompson and David Lee, the Warriors would be absolute FOOLS to turn down that offer.

Columnists - expecially tools like Jenkins - need to stay away from the untouchable moniker and look at what this team needs. It needs a total and complete rebuild.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing: There should not be ANY Warriors player who is untouchable. Period. There's not a single player on the team who is good enough by himself to carry this team into the playoffs. There's not one player on this team who is in danger of ever being labeled as a superstar.

If the Magic called and offered Dwight Howard - with an extended contract - for Curry, Thompson and David Lee, the Warriors would be absolute FOOLS to turn down that offer.

Columnists - expecially tools like Jenkins - need to stay away from the untouchable moniker and look at what this team needs. It needs a total and complete rebuild.

Agreed, Cam.

Biedrins has now fallen to Zito status. Well, at least Zito can pitch five innings every fifth game.

Biedrins tonight against the Grizz- 18+ minutes, 1 rebound, 6 fouls.

Hell, I could do that, and he has me by at least a foot.

Hey, why don't we trade Biedrins, Monta, Curry, and Lee for flavor of the week, Lin and Melo. Yeah, that would be outstanding!

(BTW, Lin is a great story, but I am withholding the HOF ballot on him until he plays at least a dozen games.)

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, Cam.

Biedrins has now fallen to Zito status. Well, at least Zito can pitch five innings every fifth game.

Biedrins tonight against the Grizz- 18+ minutes, 1 rebound, 6 fouls.

Hell, I could do that, and he has me by at least a foot.

Hey, why don't we trade Biedrins, Monta, Curry, and Lee for flavor of the week, Lin and Melo. Yeah, that would be outstanding!

(BTW, Lin is a great story, but I am withholding the HOF ballot on him until he plays at least a dozen games.)

What was the argument for dumping Bell instead of Biedrins again?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the argument for dumping Bell instead of Biedrins again?

Charlie "won" the drinking contest. :bolt:

Seriously, though, one more showing like last night (which tonight is shaping up to be), and they have to get rid of everybody for picks and cap relief, right?

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Upcoming games:

At Oklahoma LOSS

At Memphis Likely LOSS

Clippers Likely LOSS

With road wins against Phoenix and the ATL to start the trip, the Ws are already 2-1 on the roadie. Methinks they will grab at least one more - most likely against the Wiz. That would give them a .500 roadie and will likely encourage the front office.

Kids, this team ain't getting broken up any time soon.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We turned down Curry for Rondo. Orlando has nothing to offer us for Ellis except DH which ain't happening. Neither the Nets nor the Warriors want any part of Ellis for Lopez. So what are the odds we stand pat again come March 15th?
I still can't believe these stupid fucks didn't use the amnesty on Biedrins. That must be all time bad.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We turned down Curry for Rondo. Orlando has nothing to offer us for Ellis except DH which ain't happening. Neither the Nets nor the Warriors want any part of Ellis for Lopez. So what are the odds we stand pat again come March 15th?
I still can't believe these stupid fucks didn't use the amnesty on Biedrins. That must be all time bad.

Agreed. What team do you think would've picked him up? Someone would have, right? I mean, he is still 7'. I never thought that would become his only redeeming quality with such soft hands and good touch inside 8 feet. His minor peak and fall from grace would be unparalleled, if not for Barry Zito (and even Zeets had a higher peak and hasn't been relegated to almost unusable).

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. What team do you think would've picked him up? Someone would have, right? I mean, he is still 7'. I never thought that would become his only redeeming quality with such soft hands and good touch inside 8 feet. His minor peak and fall from grace would be unparalleled, if not for Barry Zito (and even Zeets had a higher peak and hasn't been relegated to almost unusable).

We think so.

Sincerely,

Jeff Foster
Ronny Turiaf
Brian Scalabrine
Eric Dampier

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie "won" the drinking contest. :bolt:

Seriously, though, one more showing like last night (which tonight is shaping up to be), and they have to get rid of everybody for picks and cap relief, right?

I love gallows humor...Much needed when it comes to being a Warrior fan.

So is alcohol. :drink:

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love gallows humor...Much needed when it comes to being a Warrior fan.

So is alcohol. :drink:

"A few weeks ago, I was a washed-up actor with a drinking problem. Then
Brad Goodman came along and gave me this job and a can of fortified
wine! [drinks from a can] Ah...sweet liquor eases the pain."

- Troy McClure, probably a Warriors fan

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A few weeks ago, I was a washed-up actor with a drinking problem. Then
Brad Goodman came along and gave me this job and a can of fortified
wine! [drinks from a can] Ah...sweet liquor eases the pain."

- Troy McClure, probably a Warriors fan

Anything from The Simpsons gets rep from me.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Despite the fact that the Warriors will end up with a minimum of a .500 record on this road trip, the teams around them have been playing better lately and Golden State now has the sixth worst record in the league. They likely cannot fall lower than that because the team with the 5th worst record in the NBA is New Jersey - and they are 4.5 games worse than Golden State. It would take a munumental collapse for the Warriors to finish in the bottom five.

The Warriors are 4.5 games behind Houston for the 8th spot and there are currently four teams between them and that 8-seed. It does not take a rocket scientist to realize that this team is not going to be a playoff contender.

With the trade deadline a mere nine days away, let's hope that Country Bumpkin Larry Riley is talking to teams about offloading Lee and/or Biedrins with Monta and/or Curry.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Ford puts Ellis as the 4th most likely "impact player" to be traded:

Ellis is a dynamic scorer, but it just isn't working in Golden State and probably never will as long as Ellis and Stephen Curry are in the backcourt together. The Warriors really need a big man, which makes a deal tough because most GMs aren't willing to trade big for small. But if the Warriors would be willing to take back Amare Stoudemire from the Knicks or if the Hawks were willing to swap Smith for Ellis, I think there's a deal to be had.