• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blow It Up!!!

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the owners were really about winning they should blow it up. We should only keep Curry and Thompson. We most likely get a top 3 pick (hopefully 1) where we could draft a true center like Andre Drummond or grab a star wing like Jeremy Lamb or Harrison Barnes. With the lottery pick we get for Ellis could grab a player like Kidd-Gilcrest. Just imagine if we filled in our wing positions with Lamb and Kidd-Gilcrest, that would be perfect for what we want to do defensively, as well as all around play. A core of Curry, Lamb, MKG and Thompson off the bench would be a very solid, young core to build around. If that top pick fell to us, I mean we'd be getting the next great NBA center. I'm just saying, it's not like we're on the cusp. I think we could be alot better than we are now in two seasons.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No better time than now. I'm really not sure why the clause was used on Bells' expiring, but at least they tried. Now we could go the next route (probably the best route in the first place). Trade Ellis and whoever else it takes for a lottery pick. Trade Lee away (somebody can use his talent) for some young depth. Trade Biens to Houston (Mchale would like him) for some expiring and more young depth. From there we could start over with Curry, Thompson and Udoh. There are a couple of good centers coming out (though Drummond is the target), as well as plenty of good wings (Jeremy Lamb, Kidd-Gilchrist, Quincy Miller to name a few). We have to blow this team up, there just isn't the right kind of talent to ever be a real powerhouse. It's like we still have a small ball team, however we're talking defense. It doesn't make sense. this draft is way too strong to not take advantage of our horrible offseason (player signing wise). Our 2nd round pick will be able to net a 1st round type talent also with the depth in this draft. Two lottery picks and an abnormal 2nd round talent would put us in a way better position than we're in now.
Sometimes you have to destroy and rebuild it!!!! :target::flame:

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dude as Warrior fans we all like to dream. But you need to step back into reality. Lacob is not going to allow _avi_ Lee to be traded. Period. It just won't happen. That albatross is around Golden State's neck for years to come. As long as he is a part of the team, there will be no rebuilding.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude as Warrior fans we all like to dream. But you need to step back into reality. Lacob is not going to allow _avi_ Lee to be traded. Period. It just won't happen. That albatross is around Golden State's neck for years to come. As long as he is a part of the team, there will be no rebuilding.

It's just so disappointing to have such high hopes, with such a prestiges front office, talk about new arenas, and still nothing. Still the same team as last season, with still no 1st round pick (unless we tank) in the strongest draft since 03.
Cam, it's not a dream. Just think about it, do you really think we keep Monta this whole season? Do you really think they won't try to rid him for a potential lottery pick? If we rid Ellis we could very well have an injury or two (wink) that could kill our season. It happens all the time.
:lalala:

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's just so disappointing to have such high hopes, with such a prestiges front office, talk about new arenas, and still nothing. Still the same team as last season, with still no 1st round pick (unless we tank) in the strongest draft since 03.
Cam, it's not a dream. Just think about it, do you really think we keep Monta this whole season? Do you really think they won't try to rid him for a potential lottery pick? If we rid Ellis we could very well have an injury or two (wink) that could kill our season. It happens all the time.
:lalala:

LOL at the smiley.

Trading Ellis is not the same as trading _avi_ Lee though. I fully expect Monta to be traded, if not by the deadline then at least by the beginning of next season at the very latest. But ridding the team of Ellis' salary will not do anything to hasten a rebuild. His contract is very reasonable for the services he provides.

Your original post that I commented on said, " Trade Lee away (somebody can use his talent) for some young depth." And that is what will not happen. _avi_ Lee's deal is the contract that the Warriors will not be able to shed for years to come - and until that happens, there will be no such thing as a rebuild.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bump:
Revisit just to get some ideas of what you would do in your blow up plan. Mine would be the same as the first post, in addition I would get rid of Curry also. You can't build around a player like him. We need to get this team ready for the big move to S.F. We're going to need a quality product on floor when that time comes, we have plenty of time to put this together. This is a very strong draft, two lottery picks would do wonders.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would offer Orlando ANY combination of players on our roster for Dwight Howard, with one exception - if they take Curry, they cannot have Monta and if they take Monta, they cannot have Curry. Other than that, the roster is open.

Curry, Thompson, Udoh, Lee and Biedrins works under the cap.

As does Monta, Biedrins, Thompson and Udoh for Howard and Turkoglu.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bump:
Revisit just to get some ideas of what you would do in your blow up plan. Mine would be the same as the first post, in addition I would get rid of Curry also. You can't build around a player like him. We need to get this team ready for the big move to S.F. We're going to need a quality product on floor when that time comes, we have plenty of time to put this together. This is a very strong draft, two lottery picks would do wonders.

If it were me, I'd trade Curry to be rid of Avi's contract, and I'd trade Monta to be rid of Beans. I'd even take back crap contracts that expire this year. Moving forward, I'd completely rebuild with Udoh, Thompson, and Wright as pieces. Maybe Jenkins too.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, since Howard has no interest in playing for Golden State, I guess we're back to the Rudy Gay/Andre Iguodala back and forth that won't happen either.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So, since Howard has no interest in playing for Golden State, I guess we're back to the Rudy Gay/Andre Iguodala back and forth that won't happen either.

Aaah. The joys of being a Warriors fan. I only wish I could go back and watch the Sleepy Floyd Fourth Quarter again.

I always thought I would never see a World Series championship for the Giants in my lifetime. I was happily very wrong.

But I am convinced that the 1974-75 championship the Warriors won (when I was 5) will be the only title that team wins until after I die.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaah. The joys of being a Warriors fan. I only wish I could go back and watch the Sleepy Floyd Fourth Quarter again.

I always thought I would never see a World Series championship for the Giants in my lifetime. I was happily very wrong.

But I am convinced that the 1974-75 championship the Warriors won (when I was 5) will be the only title that team wins until after I die.

You just bummed me out. I blame David Stern.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard's agent told the Warriors he wants no part of playing for us. Ouch.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After that loss to the Grizz, the front office really needs to realize that the Warriors are not going to ever get any better and need to start taking steps to remedy the situation.

Blow.It.Up.

That was the most painful game I have seen in a LONG time. I think that having it come so close to the untimely demise of the SF 49ers made it sting that much worse, but whatever the reason, that loss is one this team will not live down for some time. 20 at the half, 16 entering the 4th. No excuse for that.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that loss to the Grizz, the front office really needs to realize that the Warriors are not going to ever get any better and need to start taking steps to remedy the situation.

Blow.It.Up.

That was the most painful game I have seen in a LONG time. I think that having it come so close to the untimely demise of the SF 49ers made it sting that much worse, but whatever the reason, that loss is one this team will not live down for some time. 20 at the half, 16 entering the 4th. No excuse for that.

The "sad" thing is, they will probably beat the Blazers tonight, and re-instill faith for some in the front office. Portland is playing for the third night in a row. Even in a lockout year, I never thought I'd see that.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "sad" thing is, they will probably beat the Blazers tonight, and re-instill faith for some in the front office. Portland is playing for the third night in a row. Even in a lockout year, I never thought I'd see that.

You're probably right. And in the strange world of a Warrior fan, it's Jan. 25 and I (we?) am not sure if a win is a good thing or a bad thing.

And I'd like to think the front office knows this team, with this roster, has no chance. With a healthy Kwame and Curry, the Warriors are probably at best one or two games under .500 right now. Perhaps it's a blessing the team has had the injuries it has had.