• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks 2014-15 Season Thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woohoo, finally beat the jets!!!!!!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Versteeg is expected back for Wednesday's game against Vancouver.

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy the Refs f-d up the ending to that game.
Guess you can take the puck out of the net and still get a save!?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no kidding. I dont know what other view they have in the war room, but that was a tough one.

Probably back to rockford with Teuvo. He did alot, showed sense defensively, but dont think he did enough to at least see if Versteeg is back to this years version or last years version. Shaw really needs to get back to center, he looks lost playing forward.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fell asleep during the game. (I was wiped out from work.) The non-goal looked like a non-goal. Unfortunately. Raanta is not the kind of goalie I want between the pipes in a shootout.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt think Runbland was gonna see the ice again when he took the puck away from Crow when he was trying to freeze it, just to turn it over and allow an open net goal, but I guess the pressure of seeing Stanton and Clendening on a line for Vancooooover was too much and Q forgave him for some reason.

I think Antii would be a much better goalie with shootouts if he played more than once every three weeks.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rosie is out with an upper body injury tonite against the Devils, seems like Cumiskey is getting the call. I was really surprised Cumiskey didnt get a chance earlier in the year since Q loves to play the vets, I guess he would have if TVR was sent down early. Still need Rosie for the playoffs, so hopefully we find a guy to give him some nights off. I think the plan is to move one D man by the deadline so we better see who we have to take a spot.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was really impressed with Ryan Hartman.
Was sad to hear that Ben Smith was a scratch.
Heard Sharp was moved to the 4th line. But really wasn't paying attention to the lines.
Win makes me a happy human.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was really impressed with Ryan Hartman.
Was sad to hear that Ben Smith was a scratch.
Heard Sharp was moved to the 4th line. But really wasn't paying attention to the lines.
Win makes me a happy human.

I was sad too about Smitty, but I read an article where he admitted he was not doing enough. That told me he didnt need to get a wake up call, he gave it to himself. Always thought Kruger and Smith were there for the PK not the points.

I didnt know what I was watching. Saw Hartman, thought Carcillo was a scratch. Very weird game. Cumiskey showed plenty of speed catching up to make a two on one he would have had a tap in in Saad passed the puck. Hopefully he gives Runbad a few more days off.

Kaner was playing the point on the power play.

I thought it had something to do with playing an eastern conference team with no playoff hopes and trying different things for a while there.

Really odd to see the team this jumbled up, Hammer and Oduya were the only two that got back together which makes sense.

I guess they took the first two shootout losses on this homestand harder than the fans did.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks (with the exception of Hossa) looked a little sluggish against the Pens IMO. But a win is a win.
Didn't notice Shaw on the ice until the PP with about 5 minutes left in period 3.
Richards seems to have fallen off the map.
Nice to see Smith back.
And how about the tripping penalty reversal against Crosby? Unprecedented? And it happened in a nationally televised game. Could it be the sign of things to come? Or just a rarity in officiating?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and what's with Kaner? After his scoring touch lifted him to the league lead, along with talk of being a possible MVP candidate, as well as the Lady Bing... he doubles his penalty minutes in with 2 minor penalties.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and what's with Kaner? After his scoring touch lifted him to the league lead, along with talk of being a possible MVP candidate, as well as the Lady Bing... he doubles his penalty minutes in with 2 minor penalties.

I thought he would have gotten away with the second one, he got slashed on the hands twice while leaving the zone, if they didnt call that, why would they have called him for his? I guess the ref was skating around the view maybe?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they revive the rivalry tonite. So tired of the fans hating eachother while the players seem to play grabby ass on the ice making it appear they like eachother.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
better red wings game that they played in a while. Guess Detroit deserved the extra point since hossa was offsides on the saad goal. Are they really playing Sharp on the fourth line and Hartman up on the third? He looks like another Shaw type player.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely off-sides. (But no one can't blame the non-call on the Hawks.)
Agree with Edzo that Hossa is playing phenomenally this season if he gets zero points in a game.
Hawks played great against the Wings, but I hate those kind of losses. They out-shoot them and beat them to the puck the majority of the game and have little to show for it (goals).
Besides Richards, it seems like Shaw and Kruger have become invisible lately.

Hawks stopped being agressive to start the 3rd period. Seemed like they were only sending 2 wingers into the Wings' zone. Whenever they seem to play that way - not to lose - things go south.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont like the fact we only play the red wings twice now, but the chance of getting them in the cup finals is almost worth it.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch. Sure glad the Avs are not heading to the playoffs (so far).
The 5-on-3 PK was a killer. Not to mention that one of those penalties was questionable.
Which is ironic that the refs did see both alleged interferences on the same series, yet missed the high stick that chipped Steegers tooth earlier in the game.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avs just have the hawks number, but at least nobody seems to be able to duplicate it. Gritty stadium series game, Kings are on a run.