• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks 2014-15 Season Thread

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think that CarBomb is just a place-holder until Versteeg is back? Because I don't see the Carcillo-Kruger-Smith line being that effective. I hope they make a liar out of me.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think that CarBomb is just a place-holder until Versteeg is back? Because I don't see the Carcillo-Kruger-Smith line being that effective. I hope they make a liar out of me.

No, they signed Carbomb before Versteeg was hurt. They signed him when Manshinter was hurt, he was supposed to be the new bully that replaced Bollig.

Effective is dependant on their roles. If they are gonna check, forecheck, hit, be nuisances keeping the puck in our zone I think they can be effective. Morin is just a bigger hitter than Smith, so I expect them to be switched, but Smitty is the only offensive guy on that line. Krueger is gonna pass first, Carbomb is gonna shoot when it should be a dump and line change. But with the usual little use of the third line, I am pretty sure SMith will get more minutes than the other two. Its why I also expect Richards back on that second line quickly.

Versteeg is a space holder on the third line, and we know Q uses the third line less than any of his lines.

I just wished Seabrook would get more physical and earn his keep. We should not need to have Carcillo or Manshinter if Seabs would get his face in there more often. He is on the ice more than any of them.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PROJECTED LINEUPS

Chicago

Sharp Toews Hossa
Saad Shaw Kane
Bickell Richards Smith
Morin Kruger Carcillo

Seabrook Keith
Hjalmarsson van Riemsdyk
Oduya Rundblad

Crawford

Dallas

Ja. Benn Seguin Nichushkin
Eaves Spezza Hemsky
Roussel Eakin Garbutt
Horcoff Fiddler Sceviour

Goligoski Daley
Dillon Jo. Benn
Nemeth Connauton

Lehtonen

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the D lineup better, Hammer to the natural side with righties on all three lines now. I wonder if Hammer remembers how to clear a puck not using his backhand though lol.

At least we know Mo is gonna get pucks to the net whatever line he is on. He is just much better when playing with the big guys.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, Crow lived up to that 6 million.

Final lines with push were back to Toews, Kane, Bickell, Sharp, Hossa and Richards. Richards came close a couple times in the third.

Mo got pucks to the net, but a bad penalty that would have probably been let go against an instigator, he also made a run at a star right in front of their bench. 2 shots in 5:32 on the ice, 1 hit. Runblad 6:25
4.43 for carcillo, two hits.

Q shook them up and it works again. This D man deal is gonna be logging some minutes. TVR didnt look bad, broke up a few shot attempts, made good passed, but limited to 11:43, about as much as Krueger who had 4 and a half on the pk. PK did look good though, SMitty blocking shots. Krueger off for the first one got Saad out there on the PK, Hossa off for another, filled in nicely. just gave up 1/6, but most of them when Dallas was getting all A+ chances.

Shoot out still exciting to me, lets hope its a trend with shootout wins, dont want that staggering OTL record like last year.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford, Keith, Sharp, & Kane really carried them last night. Thought the Stars outplayed them otherwise. That's the nice thing about having the Hawks' star power.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not unusual to see the Hawks coasting for a period or even two and still end up winning the game.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not unusual to see the Hawks coasting for a period or even two and still end up winning the game.

True, they're one of the few teams that could get away with it.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, lets hope they dont make a habit out of it. First period the stars were crushing anyone entering the zone. Hawks started to dump and chase and ended up with two interference calls since Dallas kept hitting them after the puck was gone.

4 game home stand, man that place is gonna be jumping tomorrow.

dont think Rundbland will see the ice tomorrow, probably Cumiskey.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont think Rundbland will see the ice tomorrow, probably Cumiskey.

It definitely seems like Q is being forced by Mgmt to play Rundblad. 6 minutes in a 65 minute game? Seriously?!?!

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure Q gets forced to do anything. His pregame he was high on TVR, Rasmussen and Darling. Wonder which goalie Q sees Darling Replacing or if its gonna get to the point they think they cant afford Crow.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't call it "coasting" per se. Drives me crazy that they don't take more shot on goal, especially when things are not going your way.

But to be fair, we've also seen them dominate in games and then give up a soft goal or two - and lose.

BTW: Saw the beginning of the Kings-Sharks game. Was annoyed that the Kings' announcer introduced Greene and Kopitar as "assistant" captains. Not "alternate" captains. Maybe I'm still a little sore?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win vs Buffalo at the home opener. Fast start. Then they let Buffalo back in it. (Not sure what the wingers were doing on the odd-man breaks? Inexcusable.)

My two stars of the game are Shaw and Carcillo. (Still don't know why Shaw is the only one to camp in the crease. But sure glad he does.) And I had my reservations about Carcillo making the team, but he showed a lot of hustle. Even if carbomb had not scored in the 3rd, his effort was enough to be one of my "stars" of the game.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta admit, I felt kinda sorry for that Buffalo goaltender those first 7 minutes. Kinda glad they scored and caught the Hawks attention. That full ice big screen TV visual opening was awesome, could have used better music.

Carcillo, Morin and Krueger are doing a decent job on that fourth line, getting to pucks, keeping it in the zone, getting some shots on net, what a sweet dish to carcillo from Saad (3 assists). Like switching Smith and Morin to the third when they need to get settled too.

Another real strong game by TVR. Runbland another few big errors. Gotta think maybe its enough and Cumiskey gets that shot Wednesday. I think TVR has gotten a solid hold on the 5 spot. He just does not make mistakes. Team misses Leddy on that PP rush though. Seabrook just goes behind the net and blows 10 seconds waiting for guys to start moving cuz he wants to get rid of the puck in 30 feet. Richards took it up a few times, I's like to see Sharpie doing that more on the first unit.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game by the Hawks against the Sabres after looking sort of lackluster against the Stars. They regained that championship poise that they're known for.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm late to the party, but I just have to say, I'm not happy about moving Leddy.

We picked up Richards which forced us to move Leddy, and now Richards isn't even on the 2nd line.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm late to the party, but I just have to say, I'm not happy about moving Leddy.

We picked up Richards which forced us to move Leddy, and now Richards isn't even on the 2nd line.

Islanders made some good moves picking up Boychuk & Leddy. Those 2 have made the Isles' blue line look really good so far.

I don't think you could be too upset about picking up Richards tho, they really needed a center & I think Clendenning can easily fill in for Leddy.