• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks 2014-15 Season Thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q really likes Darling, but Raanta deserves to play when he can since he might be sitting on the bench for three week spurts when Crow returns. It would be nice to build up a big lead and let him in but then he would get the win.

Ottawa game cancelled last night, so who knows if they straighten out canada by sunday anyway.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that earlier today.

It's got me kinda conflicted. On one hand, I'm with the rest of everyone that wants to see him produce like that all year round.

On the other, Is that going to affect him playing like that in the playoffs? I just have that feeling that he can't sustain a whole year of what we call "big boy hockey" all the way through the playoffs. Would love to be wrong on that one for sure.

I guess it's just that i'm ok with BB being just another guy in the regular season because of his playoff track record compared to some of the other guys at the bottom end of the roster. Versteeg in particular.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading down to Bridgestone for the game tonight! :suds: Go Preds...

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading down to Bridgestone for the game tonight! :suds: Go Preds...

Preds come out strong and hold on at the end. They always play the Hawks tough. Congrats on the win. :suds:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe next game they will keep an eye on neal. Turnover, instant shot, goal. So many errant passes constantly clearing the puck to the middle of the ice. For each one that gets thru, seems like two get tipped or picked off, especially when they are blind passes.

Sounded like that red out either is a great publicity stunt to get people from chicago to the game or backfiring terribly when the lets go hawks chants started in the third period.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up against another strong team tonight. Hopefully they come firing back after a letdown in nashville.

Wasn't St. Louis one of the teams(Columbus was another I believe) that started ticket shenanigans for Blackhawks games? Not able to buy single game tickets for dates against the hawks, have to buy some sort of package? Lol, I wonder how thats working out in a world of secondary ticket sales? Buy the 2 games and stubhub/whatever site the NHL uses as their official ticket exchange/store the others is my first thought.

Nothing like home games on the road.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be good that Richards gets bumped to the 4th line. I know it's early in the season, but I'm expecting more from him.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to early to read much into it, but thats the thing about Q. Kinda like the Lieutenant in Starship troopers, the jobs yours till your traded or he finds someone better. If you don't get it done he's gonna bounce someone else into that spot.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, How the #$!@#$% did they call that a goal on the second goal for the blues?
Even on the last replay you cannot see if the entire puck crossed the line.

Quennville's mustache is irate...

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then they score with 5 seconds left. Talk about being jobbed by the zebra's on that sequence. That overturning sucked the life out of the hawks and supercharged the blues and their fans.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen come questionable goals be disallowed because Toronto's "view" showed the puck was not conclusively & entirely over the goalline. Just based on WGN's coverage, I never even saw the puck "touch" the goalline much less cross it! Unreal.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen come questionable goals be disallowed because Toronto's "view" showed the puck was not conclusively & entirely over the goalline. Just based on WGN's coverage, I never even saw the puck "touch" the goalline much less cross it! Unreal.

The last shot they showed from the lower angle showed part of the puck across the line when it slid under his blocker, but there was NO clear crossing of it completely.

The intermission announcers say that there is supposedly a shot that shows it crossing completely and they hope to have it in the third period.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I stand corrected. That puck DID cross the line completely.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did Kane do wrong to get him on the fourth line with Carcillo and Krueger?

Sometimes the line juggling works, some times it doesnt. Had great pressure from all 4 lines in the first period, Hawks cannot score in the second period this year, then its names in a hat for the third. Carcillo looked like he wrecked the knee again and then Shaw seemed left off the ice too. Shaw was skating around in the first like a wrecking ball.

Quick turn for Ottawa tonite at home. guess we see if Darling gets his shot.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun game, Liked how Eddie was praising what Morin was doing in the first, didnt look like Q agreed.

Minimum 4 weeks for Carcillo again. Q got Darling his start and win, Kaner with his 500th career point, but again, the pressure was good then they started juggling lines again.

I'm starting to think they just gotta leave Richards on that second line with Kane and let them play a while. Both players seem a step ahead of the linemates, maybe they will be right on with eachother.

Still waiting for Cumiskey to get a shot, I guess they sent him down to rockford on the 17th, Q was basically playing 4 defensemen in the third. Runblad was pretty bad again, but this time it took TVR off the ice.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anaheim tonight, Q is going right back to Darling tonight. Crow ready to return Q giving him a few more days, will make the trip on thursday.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not feeling good about this game tonight.

Anaheim has some big time scorers and of course the addition of Kesler.

We'll see how we come out, but we're definitely not in the full swing of things just yet.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, would love to see Darling have another good game, and make a little noise for that back up spot.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did have a great game, lost on a defensive stumble and breakaway. I guess we will see if Raanta goes to rockford before tomorrow.

Eddie talked up Morin again, saw alot of defense, alot of shots again, even saw him rotating to the blue line when the D man was pinching, but Q still kept him off the ice with regular shifts.

I think it was a mistake not letting Richards go up against Keslers line. Thats what we got him for, maybe looking more for playoffs, but Shaw was pretty bad against him.

It was a great game though, dont think anyone expected one goal between these two teams.

Cant wait til Hossa gets to 1000, seems he is gripping that stick a little tight.