• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks 2014-15 Season Thread

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Islanders made some good moves picking up Boychuk & Leddy. Those 2 have made the Isles' blue line look really good so far.

I don't think you could be too upset about picking up Richards tho, they really needed a center & I think Clendenning can easily fill in for Leddy.

That's the thing, we've needed a 2 center for awhile now, so picking up Richards was a solid move, but now he's not even on the 2nd line. So basically we moved Leddy for a 3rd liner.

I will say that I think Trevor van Riemsdyk might end up working out.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing, we've needed a 2 center for awhile now, so picking up Richards was a solid move, but now he's not even on the 2nd line. So basically we moved Leddy for a 3rd liner.

Yeah he looks solid.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes we have needed a 2 center, but both smith and shaw were stepping up their games, the playoffs ended with shaw. Yeah, playoff time, Richards will probably be there after he learns this system a little better, but it pissed me off because they deal away the ones that are ready and then bring in more veterans to take their place. Next year without richards, oduya, saad, Krueger, carcillo, rosival and cumiskey they are at 66 million. Richards was bought out, so he isnt looking for money this year, he will be next year.

We still need 6 guys to get to 20 and only 3 million to do it. One of them better be Saad, who deserves at least shaw money at 2 million and Teuvo is slated for almost 900k. That means 2 more to get to 20 players and no money to do it. I guess I was hoping Bowman would be taking some steps to get used to using our prospects, but instead its a one and done year and losing one or two more core guys to fill the roster next year.

Anyway, it would have been nice to at least let Richards center the second line to see why we needed to lose leddy.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richards is still an upgrade over Zeus. That's why we got him.
Hawks did win the faceoff battle 28-20. And including the Dallas game, they're up 58-56.
Nice points AI.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richards is gonna pay dividends down the road, no question.

Yes, it was really nice to see a faceoff win turn into a goal, twice. Positioning of the faceoffs got TVR and Runblad more ice time too, but its time to see how Cumiskey does with TVR so we can see if the top 4 can get back together.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welcome back brandon Bollig. Wonder if anyone is gonna take a challenge to fight him, he is usually on his ass within three punches.

Reported that Rosivol will still be out, Q hoping to get him back for the saturday game.

Makes you wonder, we havent seen Cumiskey yet.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell did we allow this game to get into OT?

50-18 shots on goal. My God

Seems like we're still in that habit of passing up good shots to make the extra pass. And Carcillo had a really nice chance in the 1st period, and completely blew it. Frustrating game

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like we're still in that habit of passing up good shots to make the extra pass. And Carcillo had a really nice chance in the 1st period, and completely blew it. Frustrating game

Can't get too down on the Hawks for this. They dominated, Hiller was in the zone. Crawford should've had that shot by Backlund tho. That was a weak goal to give up.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't get too down on the Hawks for this. They dominated, Hiller was in the zone. Crawford should've had that shot by Backlund tho. That was a weak goal to give up.

Indeed.

We got out of Dallas in a game we should have lost, so I'll take the point in this game.

But we really need to find ways to get the puck in the net when we out-shoot our opponent 50-18

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed.

We got out of Dallas in a game we should have lost, so I'll take the point in this game.

But we really need to find ways to get the puck in the net when we out-shoot our opponent 50-18

Yeah 50 shots will usually get you more than 1 goal.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Frustrating, and how. Did they say that blocked shots do not count as shots, and shots like Kanes or Toews that missed the net dont count? I know there were 30 blocks, but the missed nets had to have this up around 100 attempts.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frustrating, and how. Did they say that blocked shots do not count as shots, and shots like Kanes or Toews that missed the net dont count? I know there were 30 blocks, but the missed nets had to have this up around 100 attempts.

That 50 shots is just the shots on net, so I'm guessing between missing the net and all the blocked shots, we had at least 80+.

Jonas Hiller stood on his head, that's for sure.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really had the pace dictated by the predators last night.

Seems Morin is gonna end up a healthy scratch as soon as versteeg comes back, unless someone else goes down. I know he had to clear waivers if they cut him before the season started, dont know if he can go back now. Kinda surprised Regin is not back up yet.

Power play is terrible again. They moved Richards up front off the point in the final two but got nothing. Richards needs to get his first goal here and stop pressing. No passing was crisp at all, TVR looked very uncomfortable playing the left side but still somehow clears pucks. Dont know why they dont split hammer and oduya, but honestly, hammer looks better on his off side.

Hawks need to play some games, these days off seem to be too much. I guess 8 in the next 13 days counts, I think we will see a better rhythm with this club.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like football season waiting for games. Crow out tonight, upper body injury, I guess that shot he took up near his head did some more damage than he let on.

Raanta gets the call, Darling up from Rockford to back him up. Lets hope the hawks bring some hitting with them because we know Philly is gonna do their usual physical play.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reports I read said that he didn't feel good and it felt worse today.

Gotta love the injury reporting. He could have a head cold, or a concussion it's that vague. lol.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raanta with the shutout. Still would prefer not to have to rely on him for an extended period, though.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raanta with the shutout. Still would prefer not to have to rely on him for an extended period, though.

On 32 shots as well, he looked good. I think he's a solid back up.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how a country the size of Finland produces so many great goalies.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raanta had a great record last year, I really dont get why he does not get to play more to keep Crawford plenty rested for a playoff run.

This team just rallies in front of Raanta more like they do for Crawford, they really like this kid. The whole team seems to have an extra step when Raanta plays.

Shutting out one of the top scoring teams in the league, averaging 4 goals per game is a great team effort.

All Q's moves paid off. Versteeg was playing 2010 hockey. Moving Saad to the other side with Richards and Bickell was a head scratcher, thought Versteeg would have been on that third line, but Saad wakes up and was dominating at times on the ice.

Pretty sure its the first game that all the lines got pretty consistent or expected playing time.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: