• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks 2014-15 Season Thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crow is back, Darling back to Rockford. Nice second period, wheels kinda fell off in the third, but without Keith the d pairings were jumbled and still seemed to work. Biggest shock was watching runbland with erixson thru the second. That was shocking, but Q wanted top 4 out more.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did anyone hear what really happened to Clint Reif? Just wondering, saw last telecast that a fund was set up for the kids education thru blackhawk charity something or other. Still have not heard the cause of death and was wondering if they were holding out the details that might change peoples mind about giving.

Whatever the circumstances, I think people would still give to support the kids, just seems like they are purposely keeping it quiet.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did anyone hear what really happened to Clint Reif? Just wondering, saw last telecast that a fund was set up for the kids education thru blackhawk charity something or other. Still have not heard the cause of death and was wondering if they were holding out the details that might change peoples mind about giving.

Whatever the circumstances, I think people would still give to support the kids, just seems like they are purposely keeping it quiet.

Not yet:

Update: It will take weeks to determine cause of death of Blackhawks staffer - DailyHerald.com

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic: Watching Preds vs Hawks with wife. Bickell goes into the corner and loses the puck battle. With about 2 minutes left in the 3rd, Bickell coughs up the puck in the Hawks' zone leading to a Preds' scoring chance.

No sooner do I say to my wife, "wow, Bickell is playing like garbage" and he scores the tying goal.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
showed alot of intestinal fortitude during the later parts of the game. I just cant stand the fact that players just flat dont want to play any ass in face with other teams goalies. Bickell had a real nice hit at the boards as well. If anyone ever figures out how to make Bicks play that way all game, every game it will truly be a gift with his current deal. Otherwise I really expect him to be one of the guys moved to come up with the kane toews bump. Seabs has also been playing to stay around too, its just gonna be impossible.

I just think the hawks need to choose when to use Nordstrom instead of double shifting players for Carcillo late in the game.

Cant wait til the classic, love those outdoor games and the beanie hats on goalies. Someone needs to market those masks with beanie caps.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
showed alot of intestinal fortitude during the later parts of the game. I just cant stand the fact that players just flat dont want to play any ass in face with other teams goalies. Bickell had a real nice hit at the boards as well. If anyone ever figures out how to make Bicks play that way all game, every game it will truly be a gift with his current deal. Otherwise I really expect him to be one of the guys moved to come up with the kane toews bump. Seabs has also been playing to stay around too, its just gonna be impossible.

I think at this point we have to accept BB for what he is: A big, strong player who doesn't always play big and strong. As long as he keeps showing up in the playoffs though, I'm ok with it. I'd be MORE ok with it at $3-3.5 mil per instead of $4 mil, but...

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, that nats stadium was done up right. perfect ice, I liked the ice leading to the rink too. Dont know if Versteeg broke something, Carcillo was pretty much benched after that fight, each forward took a turn double shifting with Smith and Kruger until Versteeg went down. If that was a kid he would be in rockford now. Tough call on that game tying goal, I dont get why Saad still went to the box if it was technically a delayed penalty. Was it because there was not enough time for washington to get the extra attacker on the ice the reason that he still had to serve the penalty?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's supposed to be out about a month. No surgery needed, though.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a real good night for Teuvo. collided with Kane on a rush at the blue line, big turnover in their end on a clearing attempt with about 12:30 left in the first. I didnt think he would see the next shift, but he was back on around the 9 50 mark. Got on the first power play unit, it was pretty bad, usually being the second unit anyway. Think he was out with richards, bickell, seabs and hossa. lots a juggling thru the game, biggest thing was that Shaw was playing wing most time out there with Kruger Richards and Teuvo getting juggled around.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's supposed to be out about a month. No surgery needed, though.

Minor update on Versteeg:

Blackhawks F Kris Versteeg missed his second game with a left hand injury that's expected to keep him out a month. According to a statement from team physician, Dr. Michael Terry, "Versteeg underwent a procedure today to further stabilize a metacarpal fracture in his left hand. We do not anticipate any significant changes in his return to play timetable and we continue to anticipate a full recovery."

As an aside, why are the Blackhawks seemingly the only team that has trouble scoring against Colorado???

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess because 45 of the 54 shots they take have little net presence and the goalie sees the shots all the way and puts him in that zone.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ouch last night.

Teuvo led the hawks with 2 hits, smallest guy on the ice.

Anyone know what happened to Manschinter? That guy that was supposed to step in physical like for Bollig who went down and pushed us to Carbomb?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard anything on Mash... Can't even find him on the web? The last entry on the Hawks official web page list him playing way back on Dec 15th.

I blame Raanta for the Oilers loss. Maybe he was just rusty.

Erixon has been M.I.A., a healthy scratch. CBJ may have gotten the better of that deal, but Morin hasn't exactly been lighting it up for the Jackets either with 2 points in the last 10 games.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised Raanta got the game. I am also surprised the Runblad and Rosie have played in so many games in a row. I really dont think Rosie is cut out for all this regular season action, its playoff time that he needs to be ready for. There were some games Runblad and Erixon were on the ice together, but with Q its just one mistake and you are almost surprised he is not back in Rockford.

Morin will be a player in this league, they are still decimated by injuries in columbus, so he is playing against top 4 d men. He is only a minus 1 also. I guess a goal and an assist are not much, but its twice what he had for the hawks. He is still getting pucks to the net.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toews named ASG captain, Kaner assistant captain on opposite team.

Makes you wonder if they will get one of their team mates that car they give out to the last picked.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss to the Winnipeg Hawks, er, I mean Jets. Frustrates me that as soon as the opposing team goes ahead, that is when the Hawks decide to throw more pucks on net.

Jets played tough. Can't remember if Frolik got a point, but I know Ladd and Buff did.