• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks 2014-15 Season Thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks talking with Coyotes about Vermette, Coyotes were in Rockford scouting Clendening.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell do the hawks plan to do when Toews and Kanes money kick in and what the hell do we need another center for? Shaw is playing forward with Teuvo up in the Carcillo hole. I dont care if carcillo just plays once a week. Smith is a better center than forward, Nordstrom is a better center than forward, Toews, Richards, Shaw, Krueger, Teuvo, Nordstrom, Smith. I kinda think that is enough depth instead of getting a 3.75 million dollar center.

Its just unbelievable how poorly they consider our prospects. Maybe they need to change AHL camps and get our guys more ready to play instead. One mistake and Q sends them packing.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell do the hawks plan to do when Toews and Kanes money kick in and what the hell do we need another center for? Shaw is playing forward with Teuvo up in the Carcillo hole. I dont care if carcillo just plays once a week. Smith is a better center than forward, Nordstrom is a better center than forward, Toews, Richards, Shaw, Krueger, Teuvo, Nordstrom, Smith. I kinda think that is enough depth instead of getting a 3.75 million dollar center.

Its just unbelievable how poorly they consider our prospects. Maybe they need to change AHL camps and get our guys more ready to play instead. One mistake and Q sends them packing.

The one concern I read is about the Hawks wanting more size at C behind Toews.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you think that Coach Q is too full of himself? Just asking.

Personally, I think Stan may have more of a voice here. It wouldn't surprise me. The Hawks are an elite hockey club. And with that luxury, maybe behind closed doors, there is an unwritten "code red" rule that some mistakes get you a quick bus ride to the Metro Centre.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think that Coach Q is too full of himself? Just asking.

Personally, I think Stan may have more of a voice here. It wouldn't surprise me. The Hawks are an elite hockey club. And with that luxury, maybe behind closed doors, there is an unwritten "code red" rule that some mistakes get you a quick bus ride to the Metro Centre.

Q is proud and confident in himself, I highly doubt that he would be taking orders from the kid. It seems more like Q isnt gonna use them, so we have no choice but to get rid of them to maybe find someone Q likes more.

I just think eventually this team needs to learn that the future is in the system and not on someone elses roster. Bowmans are the ones trading the players away ( I always write Bowmans because I still think Dad is involved) Just seems like that reality is gonna hit next year and options like Hayes, Morin, Pirri and whatever D Men they end up trading away could have been used here. Hell, Jimmys brother might have signed.

Look, I liked Leddy, but to say it was fair for him to get a different partner every game and then take heat from the mistakes was just not fair. Put Keith and Seabs with a different partner every game that is not named keith or seabrook and they would probably show weakness too. We could have kept Leddy if they didnt give Richards 2 million and Carcillo 550k. Its always the vet is the better option. It could have been Leddy and TVR as that last pair and they could have turned out as a real good pairing, maybe even gotten some night off for the top 4. Instead its Richards, and keep Teuvo in rockford and actually play Versteeg at center for a few games, now Shaw is off on a wing and has lost his game.

It feels too much like this is the last chance for a while with the big dollars starting next season, Kane, Toews, Crow, Sharp, Seabrook, Keith and Hoss is about 45-48 million of the 70 cap. Instead of giving the kids a chance to play early in the year, its wait til we hit a tough stretch and hope they dont fuck up too bad. You should expect them to make mistakes, coach them to what they did wrong and see if they learn. If they dont and keep making the same mistakes then sure, get rid of them.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally back at it tonight, another long break, with that monday and friday a couple weeks ago, then off since wednesday for the ASG, after having that break for christmas.

Sure hope the team is sharp.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this sounds like sour grapes, but the Kings have to be one of the dirtiest teams in the NHL. The Pens may be the most penalized, but the Kings punch and cross-check and agitate after every stoppage.

If Quintal wants to crack down on player safety, and Bettman wants to know why the NHL doesn't have a more marketed appeal, they should see the game from last night.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what to make of Forsling. He's in pretty good company as a WJC all-star but I thought they might use Clendening in a package to get more developed help. He was going to be lost on waivers next fall, so I'm not too concerned. Pokka jumped over him by a good margin imo.

Dalhbeck came from the same club as Forsling and Dahlstrom is there now playing with him, so I feel a little better knowing they've been scouting this guy heavily. Hopefully he's a piece of value in a few years.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to a point made about the Hawks and prospects, I think they've done a pretty good job picking and choosing which prospects to keep and which ones to dump or let go.

So far they've done a good job picking who to let go recently:

JHayes hasn't taken a step
Morin struggles still, but now he's out
Pirri has hit a wall
Olsen just cleared waivers.
Stanton has hit a wall

The probably made up their mind on Clendening as soon as Rundblad proved he wants to stay on the roster, but Pokka probably played a part in the decision too.

I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt until some of these moves really start biting the Hawks in the arse.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the point we have not needed them, its just not that far off knowing that we will need them, and if the best prospects we had dont make a difference, why should we expect the next ones will?

Mo was struggling but was playing above his skiis as a top 6 forward on a decimated club. 13 guys on the roster next year at 64 million with Saad deserving to get paid. Someone needs to take that step or change the way things are being done to get those guys prepared. Otherwise its seabrook, sharp, hossa all over 5 million, shaw and bickell probably easier to move, but they wont bring back that top guy in their dollar slot.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to hear from Doug!

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to a point made about the Hawks and prospects, I think they've done a pretty good job picking and choosing which prospects to keep and which ones to dump or let go.

So far they've done a good job picking who to let go recently:

JHayes hasn't taken a step
Morin struggles still, but now he's out
Pirri has hit a wall
Olsen just cleared waivers.
Stanton has hit a wall

The probably made up their mind on Clendening as soon as Rundblad proved he wants to stay on the roster, but Pokka probably played a part in the decision too.

I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt until some of these moves really start biting the Hawks in the arse.

Saw Jimmy Hayes on sportscenter this morning, two goals, big body compliments, 15 goals so far this season. Sounds like a step to me.