• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks 2014-15 Season Thread

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home and turned this game on, embarrassing.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This entire home-stand has been disappointing. But I'd rather have the Hawks slump now, then just before (or in) the playoffs. Hawks did have some nice chances. But opposing goalies have been outstanding, and/or the puck just doesn't bounce our way.

Rough week for Versteeg. Chipped tooth from a high stick the other night, and then a hatchet chop from Rask today.

Saad has played great despite the lack of wins over the last few games. Hossa and Toews get honorable mentions. Everyone else looks tired.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raanta sent to Rockford after the game, Darling was called back with Nordstrom.

Not trying to hate on anyone here, but our best fourth line this year has been Smith, Krueger and Nordstrom. Dont know if Smittys dog shit in Q's loafers or what but leave the guy off the ice and teams are scoring too much.

Q loved Darling, I expect him to start next game. Raanta is one of those guys that Q just likes when he does good, sorry, but no NHL goalie is gonna play well with a game every two or three weeks.

Deadline looming march 2nd, you gotta wonder if Bowman is gonna shake something up.

dont know what happened to Oduya yesterday either, I thought that was a guy that would have been dealt this week.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=754611

Extension with Darling for 2 years.

Oduya out 2-3 weeks, upper body.

TVR's first practice returning with the team was 2-20, Q claims he is close to playing again today. We might see him against Florida even with Oduya going down.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long time no see, boys. Trying to get used to this format.

Anyways, what's going on? This team hasn't really ever clicked this season, and lately, it seems like nothing is coming smoothly. Defense and Crawford just haven't been in sync since Crawford's injury. And Sharp can't buy a goal.

Not expecting a major move at the deadline, but would love to pick up some defensive help.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back Irish. Kind of lonely on these boards. It's mainly JBM, AI and myself. At least we don't argue.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I don't contribute, but I always read. Hope you guys keep going.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long time no see, boys. Trying to get used to this format.

Anyways, what's going on? This team hasn't really ever clicked this season, and lately, it seems like nothing is coming smoothly. Defense and Crawford just haven't been in sync since Crawford's injury. And Sharp can't buy a goal.

Not expecting a major move at the deadline, but would love to pick up some defensive help.

people are calling for a big move, I just dont know where it is. To me the crawford injury at the rage against concert changed things with the defense. we are busting our asses for you and you get drunk and twist your ankle at a concert. If they are thinking of moving crawford, I think Darling is Q's guy to take over. but he definitely does not trust Raanta. Is it possible to move crow and have enough and wake up Raanta in Rockford? Darling was only 14-8 in rockford. Six million might sign a few more guys to get up from the current 13 on track to make 63 million next year, but it seems like more of an offseason set of moves that will get us there.

TVR can be considered a deadline pickup, but what this back end lacks is still a big hitter. Seabrook had one big hit in the playoffs and gets considered that guy, but the teams that beat the hawks stand up kane and toews at the blue line with a big defender hitting them. There is still no response from the hawks to the other teams top forwards.

Maybe this is the year we finally get Jagr, 44 years old, put him on a line with hossa and play puck possession. I just dont know where a big move will fit for now and the future.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh boy, send the limo for Teuvo this time. Didnt look like a violent hit on kane, went to move the puck instead of bracing himself for the hit and he went off balance. Hope its the shoulder not the collar bone, but either way it (since we will never really know) looks like its gonna be a while.

Nice to see more ex hawks though. At least one of them didnt do it.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-10 weeks, sounds like the collarbone broke

Will the hawks trust the kids or force themselves into a deadline deal now?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note, Nick Leddy was extended by the islanders. 7 year 37 million dollars.

good for Leddy. Must be nice to not be the one to blame anymore.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't contribute, but I always read. Hope you guys keep going.

Its ok to chime in. But thanks for reading.

6-10 weeks, sounds like the collarbone broke

Will the hawks trust the kids or force themselves into a deadline deal now?

Two things:
1) Heard that Kane is placed on long-term IR which frees up millions of cap space. Should make the trade deadline run interesting.
2) Do you think it's time to trade Sharpie? I like him. Would hate to see him go. But can't think of anyone else that might garner some quality trade bait in exchange.

And yes, I'm happy for Leddy too. I liked him. (How can you blame a guy for taking a shot in the shoulder that ricochets into the net?) Always great to see Soupy. I miss him too. Not sure how the $$ factor in, but I wouldn't mind seeing him back in the Indianhead sweater.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thought on Kane...
The last time he missed significant time with an injury was 2012-13 when he only played in 47 games. Hawks won the Cup against the Bruins.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard 6-10 weeks and I've heard 12 weeks on Kane.

Either way, with Kane on the IR, that opens cap space. I could see us getting both a defenseman and a forward.

Maybe Petry from Edmonton and Vermette from Arizona

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thought on Kane...
The last time he missed significant time with an injury was 2012-13 when he only played in 47 games. Hawks won the Cup against the Bruins.

This time, Kane is most likely going to miss significant playoff time. If not the entire playoffs.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back Irish. Kind of lonely on these boards. It's mainly JBM, AI and myself. At least we don't argue.

Thanks man, I've been busy lately and getting used to this new format, but I should be here for the home stretch.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back, Irish!

Work has me pretty swamped lately so I haven't had much time to be on, either.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its ok to chime in. But thanks for reading.

Two things:
1) Heard that Kane is placed on long-term IR which frees up millions of cap space. Should make the trade deadline run interesting.
2) Do you think it's time to trade Sharpie? I like him. Would hate to see him go. But can't think of anyone else that might garner some quality trade bait in exchange.

And yes, I'm happy for Leddy too. I liked him. (How can you blame a guy for taking a shot in the shoulder that ricochets into the net?) Always great to see Soupy. I miss him too. Not sure how the $$ factor in, but I wouldn't mind seeing him back in the Indianhead sweater.

Theres talk that Toronto will move his buddy Kessel and eat some salary to get some prospects back. Pretty sure the salary cap dies in the playoffs anyway so they could play together. I am pretty sure the regular season cap is not effected since its game time even without IR

I heard other say they think its time to move sharp but how can you lose two guys that caliber to get one back? But we know the Bowmans, they perfer vets, might say that Richards has not really panned out as that second center since he is being replaced with Kruger to get more speed, so I think a move will happen, pretty substantial. Some even think Arizonas Vermette will be an option now, specially since we just saw him.

For now Teuvo back up. We will see if Q wants retribution and plays Carcillo.

Really sorry, but if Kane even thought it was a dirty play he wouldnt have tried to play the puck, he would have protected himself. The hit was far from the boards, which is why there was no suspension or discipline, Kane lost his footing after the hit. Yes, the hit might have caused him to lose his footing, but pretty sure Kane would have dropped his stick and put his hands out to catch himself if he thought it was violent.

I would bet Dale Tallon was one of the first to send him a note.