• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Prospect(s) at each position

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious of everyones thoughts about our best prospect or prospects in our system at each position. When I say best prospect, I don't mean the prospect most ready to jump to MLB, I mean which prospect is the most naturally talented or has the most potential. I am guessing with some of these as I don'[t know the system as well as most of you but here are my thoughts from what I have read.

C: Barnes
1st: Bellinger
2nd: Estevez/Calhoun
SS: Britto
3rd: Brendon Davis
OF: Diaz, Verdugo, Heredia???

Pitchers: Urias, De Leon, Holmes, Alvarez, Buehler
Bullpen: Cotton, Montejas, Sborz, Rhame

Just going by our free agent rankings mostly but some are obvious like Bellinger and Urias.

Thoughts???

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things:

• It's Montas, not Montejas. I think this is the 2nd time you've mixed this up.
  • Cotton and Montas are still considered starters, but yeah they could definitely move to the bullpen.
  • I'd put Chris Anderson in the same category as Cotton and Montas. Still starters, but likely candidates to be elite bullpen arms if the team sees them struggling to develop enough of a repertoire.
  • Micah Johnson is easily our best prospect at 2B, but Estevez and Calhoun are definitely exciting. They're just so young.
  • This team doesn't have much in the pipeline at SS and 3B after Seager, huh?
  • Trayce Thompson and Corey Seager are still considered prospects. Thompson should absolutely be in the mix with Verdugo as the top OF prospect.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things:

• It's Montas, not Montejas. I think this is the 2nd time you've mixed this up.
  • Cotton and Montas are still considered starters, but yeah they could definitely move to the bullpen.
  • I'd put Chris Anderson in the same category as Cotton and Montas. Still starters, but likely candidates to be elite bullpen arms if the team sees them struggling to develop enough of a repertoire.
  • Micah Johnson is easily our best prospect at 2B, but Estevez and Calhoun are definitely exciting. They're just so young.
  • This team doesn't have much in the pipeline at SS and 3B after Seager, huh?
  • Trayce Thompson and Corey Seager are still considered prospects. Thompson should absolutely be in the mix with Verdugo as the top OF prospect.

Also, bullpen pitchers are still pitchers. Don't know why he seperated pitchers and bullpen as if they're two different things.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, bullpen pitchers are still pitchers. Don't know why he seperated pitchers and bullpen as if they're two different things.

I understand that but some pitchers are being projected and groomed to be starters and some are being projected as relief pitchers.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that but some pitchers are being projected and groomed to be starters and some are being projected as relief pitchers.
Projected and groomed are two different things. Don't expect Sborz or Rhame to be another Paco Rodriguez (first player in his draft class to make the bigs).