• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: BEARS/STEELERS 820 PM

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly thought he made it. That kick looked great, had no clue it was that short.
Yeah, based on that front end angle, as the ball was heading toward the goal post and dead on in the middle at that, I really thought it was going to be a FG.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't a defensive game and hasn't been for a while. A DB better not touch a WR or they will get flagged. If you lower your head it is flag and all great pass rushers get held on every play. The only time they don't get held is when they don't get touched.

You know I think we can all agree that we can blame Tom Brady for all of this. :D

I think we can blame ourselves for this. The old adage that offense sells tickets and defense wins championships comes to mind. Defense in the NFL is more about getting off the field with minimal damage than dominating, and it's going stronger that way annually. Every year they pass more rules to make the game "safer" which is really code for tilting the advantage to the offense. I know that I cannot state a rules change that actually favored the defense since I've been watching the NFL, with any kind of coherence, since the late 70's

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in any event, even tho it was a sloppy game on both sides, especially the Bears, it still resulted in one hell of an entertaining game. Sometimes sloppy games are the most fun to watch.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One observation after this game. Fields is very good.

I am going to put on my :tinfoil3: but if they were 8-0 or 7-1 coming into this game. Some of those non-calls against Fields would have been called. He isn't the NFL darling like a few other young QB's since his team isn't winning every week.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am going to put on my :tinfoil3: but if they were 8-0 or 7-1 coming into this game. Some of those non-calls against Fields would have been called. He isn't the NFL darling like a few other young QB's since his team isn't winning every week.

I just hope Chicago doesn't ruin this kid...and they've ruined plenty of good players with their bullshit.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in any event, even tho it was a sloppy game on both sides, especially the Bears, it still resulted in one hell of an entertaining game. Sometimes sloppy games are the most fun to watch.
I agree when it's not your team but tonight was a headache and that's with coming in with low expectations. Atleast it was nice to see Fields and the O take some steps forward tonight

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Chicago doesn't ruin this kid...and they've ruined plenty of good players with their bullshit.
I think the Bears brass know they finally have a keeper at QB in Fields. So I trust they'll bring him along the right way. I mean, yes he obviously should have remained on the sidelines for much of this season. But that ship has already sailed, so now the goal is to not give him more than he can handle. RPOs and allowing his RBs to carry the load should be the strategy for the rest of the season, especially since it's pretty obvious we're not going anywhere.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cassius Marsh not only had the great arm sleeves but that jacket is in Cam Newton territory.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Levy said it hit off the crossbar.......
That's what I thought happened. I thought I heard Levy say it was about 5 yards short.

Oh, and that was a terrible call on Cassius Marsh and I'll be damned, The fuckin ref really did hip-check him.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can blame ourselves for this. The old adage that offense sells tickets and defense wins championships comes to mind. Defense in the NFL is more about getting off the field with minimal damage than dominating, and it's going stronger that way annually. Every year they pass more rules to make the game "safer" which is really code for tilting the advantage to the offense. I know that I cannot state a rules change that actually favored the defense since I've been watching the NFL, with any kind of coherence, since the late 70's
Defenders can now push an offense player out of bounds before they come down with a catch. Didn't used to be like that, but that's the only rule change that I can think of that favors defenses.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure. But not this one. This one was clean. Runner in field, even turns upfield and lowers his head to hit Minkah rather than step out of bounds.

If Fields wants to have a long and healthy career, he needs to avoid doing this.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I thought happened. I thought I heard Levy say it was about 5 yards short.

Oh, and that was a terrible call on Cassius Marsh and I'll be damned, The fuckin ref really did hip-check him.
Punishable offense, IMO, to make a call like that, basically changing possession of the ball at such a critical moment.

If there was any jawing, let it go. It wasn't like he was making a spectacle of himself.