• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears pregame

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
way past time to bring somebody like collins in for at least a look.for what it,s worth i think chase young is playing pretty good no matter what cooley says.it,s the secondary that looks awful,and if they let fields carve them up like hurts did with his arms and legs they are way worse than imaginied

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know but apparently there was an offseason plan for Butler or Martin was so far behind in camp plus the injury they couldn't trust him playing over Butler right now. Maybe that changes in the future. The way i understood the Mathis pick was for DT depth this is before we got Ridgeway. and they felt they were going to lose Payne via FA. But yes, they should have addressed oline. I think Davi was flying up draft boards at the time like Forbes did this year b/c of his athletic ability.
When did the FO feel they were going to lose Payne?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm…

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just an opinion of mine I thought they were going to lose Payne so they drafted his replacement. Thats the way I justified the pick. Doest mean it was correct.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's frustrating that we fall apart with 2nd round picks. Who is the last 2nd rounder that contributed?
Seems like it's an organization thing?
While I hope Mathis and Martin turn out to be solid players, the strategy made no sense to me at all.
I think a legit GM would have chosen more wisely.
The fascination with building and re enforcing the defense will start to hurt the team in the long run as the team will have to look more and more at free agency to plug holes.
The priority is and always has been to first address the defense under the current regime.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little early to call Phil and Quan bad choices .... although I would have like Torrance in the 2nd round.

RR's previous two 2nd rounders to that was Cosmi and Gibson so not bad picks.

Previous to RR one draft did not have a 2nd and the other three were Guice, Anderson, Cravens, Preston Smith, Trent Murphy, David Amerson, Jarvis Jenkings, Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, Sleepy Fred Davis, Rocky McIntosh, Taylor Jacobs, Ladell Betts, Fred Smoot, Jon Jansen takes you back to 1999. Maybe 4 good picks in this list.

2nd round for Washington has had more misses going way back.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's frustrating that we fall apart with 2nd round picks. Who is the last 2nd rounder that contributed?
Seems like it's an organization thing?
While I hope Mathis and Martin turn out to be solid players, the strategy made no sense to me at all.
I think a legit GM would have chosen more wisely.
The fascination with building and re enforcing the defense will start to hurt the team in the long run as the team will have to look more and more at free agency to plug holes.
The priority is and always has been to first address the defense under the current regime.

this is correct. RR did draft Dotson in 2022 and more offensive players in 2022 but did not address the oline and had a big man crush on Charles. He used FA to plug in C and RT and those guys are not playing well right now. If Howell becomes "the guy" that would be huge.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little early to call Phil and Quan bad choices .... although I would have like Torrance in the 2nd round.

Previous to RR one draft did not have a 2nd and the other three were Guice, Anderson, Cravens, Preston Smith, Trent Murphy, David Amerson, Jarvis Jenkings, Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, Sleepy Fred Davis, Rocky McIntosh, Taylor Jacobs, Ladell Betts, Fred Smoot, Jon Jansen takes you back to 1999. Maybe 4 good picks in this list.

Agreed...it seems to be an organization thing.

The triple threat was terrible in 2008. Thomas, Kelly, and davis. I was jumping thru the roof when they made those picks. To whiff on 3 players...especially 2nd rounders is devastating. Not sure who made those calls...probably Danny.

The next picks that were deflating were sua Cravens and Darius guice. I thought those were sure fire slam dunks. It's just awful....

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's frustrating that we fall apart with 2nd round picks. Who is the last 2nd rounder that contributed
First name that came to mind is Jon Jansen. After that Fred Smoot.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First name that came to mind is Jon Jansen. After that Fred Smoot.
Rocky McIntosh would be 3rd followed by Preston Smith IMO.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Murphy's on the fringe, but only because the Skins have had such shitty production from 2nd rd pk. McIntosh is in the same boat.

Smith - partly because he's still in the league.

Smoot n Jansen are the only truly legit names on the list. Betts deserves a place somewhere on the list as well.

And another fucked thing the Skins do. Keep players way too long that rarely if ever produce like Taylor Jacobs. Hudson is now in that category

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense should put up over 30 again. This is shaping up to be a massacre.
Who knows.
I think WSH wins by 20. Call me a homer.
Our defense is ranked 29th so I don’t know if we can win by that much

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
way past time to bring somebody like collins in for at least a look.for what it,s worth i think chase young is playing pretty good no matter what cooley says.it,s the secondary that looks awful,and if they let fields carve them up like hurts did with his arms and legs they are way worse than imaginied
You really think they sit Wylie for Collins? Team will not do that because they will admittedly say the Wylie signing was wrong. They won't do that. Should they bring in Collins? Yes.