• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears @ Browns

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would come in here and talk shit, but you guys kicked our ass twice.

Team has the pieces to be real dominant in a few years. I hope you guys hire Matt Patricia and fuck it all up.
dont you put that evil on me GIF

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would come in here and talk shit, but you guys kicked our ass twice.

Team has the pieces to be real dominant in a few years. I hope you guys hire Matt Patricia and fuck it all up.
A few years? Shit. I hope not. The entire core will either be old or their contract will be up.

This isn't baseball. Rebuilds don't take that long. Competitive window needs to open next year. This was Poles final year where it's acceptable to miss the post-season, in all likelihood. Next year is year 3.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should seal his fate IMO. Totally batshit crazy call. One of the better secondary units in the league, IMO, and the front 4 was getting decent pressure all day....to drop a 320 lb dfensive tackle into zone coverage while blitzing multiple DBs? I hope to Christ they're tanking to justify that retardery.

But we all know tanking is insane, as you damage your reputation with the players at minimum...worst case, you get great players hurt for no reason.
Tanking isn't a thing. Players have contracts and a living to play for. Coaches/GM's windows are too short to tank. Especially coaches. You have the worst record in football, in even your first season, and it could mean your ass.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking isn't a thing. Players have contracts and a living to play for. Coaches/GM's windows are too short to tank. Especially coaches. You have the worst record in football, in even your first season, and it could mean your ass.
It's one thing to wish for your respective team to tank, that's lame enough. What makes the issue utterly ridiculous tho is to actually believe that teams will tank.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one thing to wish for your respective team to tank, that's lame enough. What makes the issue utterly ridiculous tho is to actually believe that teams will tank.
There's definitely situations (take Arizona this season or us before last season) where they're not going to spend money to try and go all-out to win in that given season. Due to the fact that the window is more down the road and it wouldn't be advantageous. However, to insinuate that coaching staffs (who get almost zero grace in the NFL) are going into those training camps saying "Okay guys, look, we ain't going nowhere this season. So, we're going to take it easy and just chill out. Make some plays, but not too many. We'll be taking our foot off the gas in the 4th quarter. We want that high draft pick. Got it?" PLAYERS: "Yes sir! I know my livelihood depends on my performance, but this organization needs that top pick!"

It's such an absurd notion.

Fans rooting for a tank? Sure, I suppose that I at least understand the idea behind it. However, it is a lame way to approach being a fan. Now, final week of the season like us last year vs Minnesota? I had my laptop on the HOU/IND game and Bears/Vikes on the TV. I was rooting for Minnesota and was the biggest Houston Texans fan you ever SEENT! Lol. I think in the final couple weeks of season if you're on the cusp of the top overall pick, it's fair game.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans rooting for a tank? Sure, I suppose that I at least understand the idea behind it. However, it is a lame way to approach being a fan. Now, final week of the season like us last year vs Minnesota? I had my laptop on the HOU/IND game and Bears/Vikes on the TV. I was rooting for Minnesota and was the biggest Houston Texans fan you ever SEENT! Lol. I think in the final couple weeks of season if you're on the cusp of the top overall pick, it's fair game.
I cannot watch a Bears game and root for them to lose. Ever. I can of course reconcile a loss with the take that, "ok, at least it helps us with our standing in the draft". But that's as far as I'm emotionally able to go. I just don't know how to root against my own team. And never will.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot watch a Bears game and root for them to lose. Ever. I can of course reconcile a loss with the take that, "ok, at least it helps us with our standing in the draft". But that's as far as I'm emotionally able to go. I just don't know how to root against my own team. And never will.

I just look at it as " let the chips fall where they may"
If we are moving off JF,then cheer for him to do a good job.

Its all bitter sweet,succh as cheering for GB last weekend.......lol