• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AZ @ Stanford

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be another test. Again, both teams will be chomping at the bit to get their best win of the season. We need to get up for these two and play as close to 40 minutes of AZ basketball as we have in us.

We have the Oregon schools at home next weekend, and then a soiree at McKale North the weekend after. Then it will be a road trip to the Mountain schools for what I see as the toughest road trip of the season.

Gotta finish the first half of the Pac schedule with another road sweep. BTFD!!!

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Stanford game is very underrated in terms of difficulty.
Could be looking ahead to Cal only 2 days to prep
Cats better be ready
I expect a win by less than 10

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTnT1dw47l4]Arizona Basketball Happy - YouTube[/ame]

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna be a tough trip to the Bay Area. If we come out 2-0 then I'd be very impressed.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way this team is looking ahead to CAL. Like Gabe York mentioned, they are only focused on winning one game at a time.
IF UA does win both games, it probably won't be by more than a combined score of 12. Like Sting said, it will be very impressive if they can come away with a sweep. This upcoming game against Stanford can go either way. I expect another game like the Michigan or UNLV one.
I'm not going to predict the final score. I've had bad luck with those recently. Don't want to jinx the CATS.
BEAR DOWN.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This weekend has me a bit nervous. Both these teams can easily beat us at their home if we don't come to play. The PAC 12 runs deep.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This weekend has me a bit nervous. Both these teams can easily beat us at their home if we don't come to play. The PAC 12 runs deep.

Don't tell Slapdick that. He'll go on a major rant, ignoring all the facts, then go on homering about how 'Cuse has the best wins in the nation, and how tuff it was traveling to play St.Johns in MSG.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Duke can pull it off @ Cuse on Saturday.... you could have SDSU, Michigan, and Duke all in the top 10.

Not that it matters much, but it'd be cool to see.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Duke can pull it off @ Cuse on Saturday.... you could have SDSU, Michigan, and Duke all in the top 10.

Not that it matters much, but it'd be cool to see.

It would definitely matter IMO. Further solidly the fact that we are the best team by having our previous opponents ranked that high.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona vs Colorado is going to be the ESPN gameday game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else catch the end of the Kentucky game just now? I'm confused as to what the hell they were thinking. Why didn't they foul after battling back at the end? Weird decision by Kentucky.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else catch the end of the Kentucky game just now? I'm confused as to what the hell they were thinking. Why didn't they foul after battling back at the end? Weird decision by Kentucky.

Coach Cal is great but I feel hes overrated his back court players have really underperformed the last couple of years..... The Harrison Twins looked lost out there tonight, and coach Cal giving up and not fouling.... Its important to teach your team to never give up. He needs to recruit a Oladipo or Nick Johnson type player, players who are raw but have upside and are legit nba talent but can stay 3-4 years...... Hes gotta change how he recruits and not only sign these 1 and done freshmen.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally Gillings head is on straight the legit 3 pt shooter I saw his freshmen year, he has a chance to be a great 3 pt shooter when his heads on right...... When he plays well we play well hes so important to Asu.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw that too. At least 15 seconds were left. I thought Calipari would be pissed off but he didn't even look that mad.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Cal is great but I feel hes overrated his back court players have really underperformed the last couple of years..... The Harrison Twins looked lost out there tonight, and coach Cal giving up and not fouling.... Its important to teach your team to never give up. He needs to recruit a Oladipo or Nick Johnson type player, players who are raw but have upside and are legit nba talent but can stay 3-4 years...... Hes gotta change how he recruits and not only sign these 1 and done freshmen.

I had to rewind my dvr to see that ending again. They sank 4 three point shots in a matter of 50 seconds to cut it to a 5 point deficit with 13.5 seconds left yet they chose not to foul? What the hell is coach cal thinking? I would be livid if I was a Kentucky fan and even more pissed off if I was a Kentucky player. Why would you allow your team to fight back like that and then give up when you clearly had a chance to extend the game further? Anyways, glad lsu pulled the upset lol

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to rewind my dvr to see that ending again. They sank 4 three point shots in a matter of 50 seconds to cut it to a 5 point deficit with 13.5 seconds left yet they chose not to foul? What the hell is coach cal thinking? I would be livid if I was a Kentucky fan and even more pissed off if I was a Kentucky player. Why would you allow your team to fight back like that and then give up when you clearly had a chance to extend the game further? Anyways, glad lsu pulled the upset lol

Coach Cal is slowly falling..... He needs to get his act together!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its fun when Zona plays wed-sat after playing thu-sun. 4 games in 10 days, you get a game every 3 days.

Game day! BTFD!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for everyone. Are you expecting a loss this week?

I ask this because many of the Arizona fans I've spoken to the last few days are almost expecting a loss this upcoming week. It's almost as if we've been undefeated for so long that a loss is imminent. How does everyone feel about the Bay Area road trip? There's no doubt in my mind that this road trip will be a tough one and I'm fully expecting Stanford's and cal's best shot but we are a great road team and I think we will pull off the sweep. Stanford has the size and talent it takes to beat us but their inconsistent. Cal is a well coached team and beating them is crucial as far as the PAC 12 race goes. Anyways, I'm excited for this road trip. It'll be fun to watch.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not expecting a loss...ever. Arizona has superior talent to both teams they play this week, a better coach and despite being on the road, I can't possibly expect them to lose. Could it happen? I wouldn't write off the possibility and they will be challenged, but I wouldn't go betting on Stanford.

Cal scares me more because those are always wild games that go down to the wire when we square off against them.

As for Da Cuse, if they are so deserving of that #1 ranking, they will show it by handling Duke this week just like we did earlier in the year.