• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are The GSW and CLE super teams good or bad for the NBA?

Is it good that the Cavs and Warriors are heavy favorites to meet again the Finals or is it bad?

• Good- more interest in the NBA

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Bad- would prefer more parity

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still trying to deflect away from calling me hypocritical while proving yourself to be a hypocrite. How about you stick to what was being discussed? You've been warned about this bullshit.
deflect what? you were the one that said that Lowry and Wall are better. They are in the East....just wondering how its gonna help them?

because those are gonna be the 2 guys that you said you think are better than Kyrie that Kyrie is gonna win it over.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This list is very good- but of course I have some of my own prefernces- things like dropping Cousins, dropping Alrdidge, adding DeRozan (i think you got too), dropping Gasol, , probably bumping up Lowry since he has been fantastic this year,

1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Westbrook
4. Curry
5. Leonard
6. Harden
7. CP3

that is your first tier. True All-Nba players that you can single handedly build a team around- there arent many- guys like Davis, Giannis, Towns, Kyrie, might someday be up there- but they arent now.

8. Anthony Davis
9. Giannis A.
10. PGeorge
11. K. Irving
12. K. Thompson
13. D. Lillard
14. KAT
15. B. Griffin
16. D. Green
17. J. Butler
18. K. Lowry
19. D. Cousins
20. D. DeRozan
21. A. Drummond
22. M. Gasol
23. J. Wall
24. L. Aldridge

To me- that is your 2nd tier- guys that are "franchise players" but need plenty of help around them in order to be a contending team. Great talents no doubt- but no quite first level guys.

25. K. Love
26. P. Milsap
27. C. Anthony
28. K. Walker
29. G. Heyward
30. R. Gobert
31. K. Porzingis
32. A. Horford
33. I. Thomas
34. N. Batum
35. J. Parker

So, after this year, can we drop Blake and Paul?

I mean, how many years do they get a pass for living on the Isle of Broken Toys?

* takes another sip of the bitter batter *

Ps. You forgot Whiteside :lou:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deflect what? you were the one that said that Lowry and Wall are better. They are in the East....just wondering how its gonna help them?

because those are gonna be the 2 guys that you said you think are better than Kyrie that Kyrie is gonna win it over.

Once again, stick to the discussion. Last warning.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so- looking at the big picture

I think the Warriors probably have the 2nd, 4th, 12th, and 16th best players in their "Big 4"....

The Cavs have 1st. 11th and 25th.....you of course get a boost from having LeBron as #1....

where the Cavs make up some ground is the rest of the players....

the rest of the Cavs still have quality players like Tristan Thompson, Jr. Smith, I. Shumpert, C. Frye- guys that do a couple things AMAZINGLY that are primarily there because of how their skill set meshes so well with LeBrons.

the rest of the Warriors is pretty weak- they only have 3 more credible NBA players id feel comfortable playing in the playoffs- in Pachulia, Livingston and Iguadala.

It makes sense that the other players can have a big impact. Iggy was Finals MVP 2 years ago. JR & TT had big contributions in Finals last year. On Christmas -- Iggy/Livingston/Zaza were weak -- and the Cavs missed a few big 3s from JR.

I think both teams would really like to pickup a solid big before the playoffs -- and the Cavs may (somehow) make a move with JR out so lomg.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, after this year, can we drop Blake and Paul?

I mean, how many years do they get a pass for living on the Isle of Broken Toys?

* takes another sip of the bitter batter *

Ps. You forgot Whiteside :lou:
well...Kyrie is gonna keep moving up so we are gonna have to find guys to drop....lol....

Griffin and Cp3 are definitely in danger of losing some clout- but its nothing a good playoff run couldnt erase in no-time. Lets wait till the end of the year to see where we are at with them.

Im really hoping Kyrie and Love keep playing great ball and we can elevate Kyrie from somewhere between 11th and 15th in the league to that top 10 position that i think he is on the cusp of making.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes sense that the other players can have a big impact. Iggy was Finals MVP 2 years ago. JR & TT had big contributions in Finals last year. On Christmas -- Iggy/Livingston/Zaza were weak -- and the Cavs missed a few big 3s from JR.

I think both teams would really like to pickup a solid big before the playoffs -- and the Cavs may (somehow) make a move with JR out so lomg.
Iggy isnt what he used to be....

that 2nd tier of player on the Warriors just isnt there...the Cavs have a pretty robust 2nd tier with TT, Shumpert, Frye and JR....

hopefully that 2nd tier- and having The KING is enough to make up for Golden State UNHEARD of 4 players that are top 20 in the NBA....

can anyone remember the last time a team had 4 of the top 20 players in the league? idont even know if its ever happened- at least not in the modern league that people actually care about where there are a lot of teams - and not like way back in the day when the Celtics dominated with like 16 teams in the league.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can anyone remember the last time a team had 4 of the top 20 players in the league? idont even know if its ever happened- at least not in the modern league that people actually care about where there are a lot of teams - and not like way back in the day when the Celtics dominated with like 16 teams in the league.

The Showtime Lakers had Magic, Kareem, James Worthy and Byron Scott (although I think Byron being top 20 is debatable).

Also, possibly the Bird, McHale, Parrish and DJ Celtics.

The four, four and four Sixers had Dr. J, Moses Malone, Mo Cheeks and Bobby Jones.

Those are the only teams I can think of and all 3 of them have 1 guy who is debatable.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that 2nd tier of player on the Warriors just isnt there...the Cavs have a pretty robust 2nd tier with TT, Shumpert, Frye and JR....

hopefully that 2nd tier- and having The KING is enough to make up for Golden State UNHEARD of 4 players that are top 20 in the NBA....

I'm sure the Celtics had this in the '60s -- but that really doesn't count.

Celtics -- Bird, Chief, McHale ... then Johnson was borderline. (But I'd say Green is also borderline -- maybe top 30?)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Showtime Lakers had Magic, Kareem, James Worthy and Byron Scott (although I think Byron being top 20 is debatable).

Also, possibly the Bird, McHale, Parrish and DJ Celtics.

The four, four and four Sixers had Dr. J, Moses Malone, Mo Cheeks and Bobby Jones.

Those are the only teams I can think of and all 3 of them have 1 guy who is debatable.
so basically never?

unless you think DJ or Bobby Jones or Byron Scott were top 20 players which they weren't

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well...Kyrie is gonna keep moving up so we are gonna have to find guys to drop....lol....

Griffin and Cp3 are definitely in danger of losing some clout- but its nothing a good playoff run couldnt erase in no-time. Lets wait till the end of the year to see where we are at with them.

Im really hoping Kyrie and Love keep playing great ball and we can elevate Kyrie from somewhere between 11th and 15th in the league to that top 10 position that i think he is on the cusp of making.
Kyrie has that killer instinct that is missing in some guys today.

Love has shut me up completely.

Dude has been fantastic.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so basically never?

unless you think DJ or Bobby Jones or Byron Scott were top 20 players which they weren't

They may have been in their primes. None of those 3 are top 20 all time obviously. But in their primes, all 3 were at least borderline top 20. So, a solid case can be made for or against any of the 3.

So, even if you count those 3 teams as having 4 top 20 players, it's exceedingly rare and hasn't been accomplished since then, that I can think of.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thunder could have come close had they paid Harden and Ibaka not plateau.

Meh....Serge still wouldn't make it higher than top 30 his best year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90's Suns with Barkley, Kevin Johnson, Thunder Dan Majerle and Chambers?

Too many white guys? :noidea:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paul and DJ ,May or may not have, been in a car accident today.

Super.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all good for the NBA. Two teams who hopefully hate each other and have to play against each other. You have the best stars at it. It also shows that the old days of sixers, lakers, celtics can evolve. Any team can become a dynasty. Thats all good