• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are The GSW and CLE super teams good or bad for the NBA?

Is it good that the Cavs and Warriors are heavy favorites to meet again the Finals or is it bad?

• Good- more interest in the NBA

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Bad- would prefer more parity

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I totally disagree w/ your agreement to disagree. Let's get ready to get ready!
OZJP2OQ.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well according to you last year the Warriors were gonna win it all. How'd that prediction work for you? All I did was disagree w/ you. And it pisses you off when anyone disagrees w/ your opinions. It's funny how in your own mind you're always right.

According to 95% of the posters last year the Warriors were going to win it.

And it doesn't piss me off when someone disagrees with me. You however get annoyed when my opinions don't match yours.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to 95% of the posters last year the Warriors were going to win it.

And it doesn't piss me off when someone disagrees with me. You however get annoyed when my opinions don't match yours.

You don't annoy me, you make me laugh. You say funny stuff. And I didn't say anything about the other 95%, I said what was your pick for last years Finals. You were wrong. And you're just saying there's no Super Team's in the NBA right now because it doesn't involve the Lakers.

Last edited:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors and Cavs super team is great for the NBA

It may turn some fan bases off, but overall as a whole it's a benefit for the league. Having star power sells to the general audience and whether you like these teams or not you're going to tune in to watch them.

But what about parity!

With the way the NBA playoffs are set up, the best teams are ALWAYS going to make it to the finals. And every year you basically knew who those 3-4 or 4-5 teams were. So nothing has changed now. The only difference is of those 4-5 teams, two of them are historically great (arguably 3 with the Spurs winning at an 80% rate as well)

I mean do you really want to see a Pacers-Jazz finals this year with the tantalizing match up of Paul George vs Gordon Heyward...

Or do you want to see what we saw yesterday? That epic showdown between two heavyweight teams who went blow for blow with each other playing a regular season game with as much intensity as a playoff game. Now picture that in the finals again to complete the finals trilogy with so much legacy on the line

- Lebron going for his 4th ring
- KD chasing his 1st
- Warriors looking to cement themselves as an all time great team

As for NBA fans who aren't fans of those teams or players, how can you not enjoy the current state of the NBA?

You got stars like Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Anthony Davis, Chris Paul, Kawhi Leonard, Damian Lillard, Demarcus Cousins, etc putting up great numbers every night and a triple double (it feels like) every other night

You got young stars on the rise like Giannis Antetokounmpo, Karl Anthony Towns, Isaiah Thomas, Andrew Wiggins, Jimmy Butler, Kemba Walker, John Wall, etc.

I think the NBA is the most entertaining it's been in a while. I definitely miss the 90s watching my Sonics (actually...just watching my Sonics in general) but let's appreciate the greatness we are seeing with these two teams. 20 years from now they will be talking about one of these teams (probably the Warriors) in the same breath as Jordan's Bulls.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even going to consider them a super team.

The 2000-2002 Lakers were the last super team. Before that you had the 90's Bulls (minus the Jordan baseball years), the 80s Lakers and the 60s Celtics. That's just about it.

Super team these days are a team with at least 3 all star caliber players. The Cavs and Warriors are super teams by that definition.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super team these days are a team with at least 3 all star caliber players. The Cavs and Warriors are super teams by that definition.

Like I said before KLove hasnt made an All-Star team with the Cavs yet and he hasnt played like one until this year. GS is definitely a super team though, no doubt about it.

I mean by your logic the Spurs are a super team and the Clippers :pound: :pound:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before KLove hasnt made an All-Star team with the Cavs yet and he hasnt played like one until this year. GS is definitely a super team though, no doubt about it.

I mean by your logic the Spurs are a super team and the Clippers :pound: :pound:

Reading and comprehension aren't your thing are they?

I mean you do understand what all star caliber means...right?

Love was an all star before he joined the Cavs and is playing at an all star level right now.

You are the only person saying the Cavs aren't a super team. Hell, one of your own fanbase made a thread about the Cavs and Warriors being super teams.

Quit trying to set up your June excuse in December.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading and comprehension aren't your thing are they?

I mean you do understand what all star caliber means...right?

Love was an all star before he joined the Cavs and is playing at an all star level right now.

You are the only person saying the Cavs aren't a super team. Hell, one of your own fanbase made a thread about the Cavs and Warriors being super teams.

Quit trying to set up your June excuse in December.

Yeah and I guess you dont know your NBA rosters very well. NBA reference is a magical thing.

The Clippers have Griffin, Deandre and Paul. The Spurs have Leonard and LA, you could argue both of them are BETTER than Kyrie and Love. Then they have two future HOFers that are stll capable of playing very good basketball in Parker and Manu, even with age. You can't call Cleveland a super tean when you dont know what a super team is. The Warriors are the closest thing to it nowadays but even compared to the 70's and 80's C's and Lakers they arent even close to the talent those teams had. They had HOF players coming off the bench.

Why would I need an excuse when the Cavs arent the favorite and they are World Champions. Nice try Trojan :pound:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh, so Shane's saying the Cavs AREN'T a superteam when most folks are saying they are...

interesting...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and I guess you dont know your NBA rosters very well. NBA reference is a magical thing.

The Clippers have Griffin, Deandre and Paul. The Spurs have Leonard and LA, you could argue both of them are BETTER than Kyrie and Love. Then they have two future HOFers that are stll capable of playing very good basketball in Parker and Manu, even with age. You can't call Cleveland a super tean when you dont know what a super team is. The Warriors are the closest thing to it nowadays but even compared to the 70's and 80's C's and Lakers they arent even close to the talent those teams had. They had HOF players coming off the bench.

Why would I need an excuse when the Cavs arent the favorite and they are World Champions. Nice try Trojan :pound:

Give it up. No amount of your nonsense is going to change the fact that the Cavs are a super team. You are literally the only person saying otherwise. By today's definition, the Cavs are a super team.

You're just trying to set up your June excuse in December.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, none of those rosters have Lebron.

Stop hedging.

It's not a good look.

Best player in the NBA, two All Star caliber guys, highest payroll EVER....

Super Team.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just depends on what "super team" means to you.

Are the Cavs a bonafide contender that should expect to find a way to win no matter who the other team is? Absolutely. Should there be any excuse available to them beyond "We didn't get it done". Absolutely not.

But to me, the Cavs don't fit the definition of super team, the way the old Celtics and the showtime Lakers and the current Warriors do. Those 3 teams had/have their superstar-dom spread-out throughout the lineup. They are more balanced in the dispersion of talent.

Were the Bulls a super team?? If so, then the Cavs would be too. Those teams are more imbalanced, with one megastar and a couple of really, really good sidekicks.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just depends on what "super team" means to you.

Are the Cavs a bonafide contender that should expect to find a way to win no matter who the other team is? Absolutely. Should there be any excuse available to them beyond "We didn't get it done". Absolutely not.

But to me, the Cavs don't fit the definition of super team, the way the old Celtics and the showtime Lakers and the current Warriors do. Those 3 teams had/have their superstar-dom spread-out throughout the lineup. They are more balanced in the dispersion of talent.

Were the Bulls a super team?? If so, then the Cavs would be too. Those teams are more imbalanced, with one megastar and a couple of really, really good sidekicks.

Disagree. As Mecca pointed out, the Cavs have the best player in the world, 2 all star caliber players and the highest payroll in the league. That's a super team.

As she has also pointed out, just because the Cavs got "out super teamed" by the Warriors, doesn't mean they aren't a "super team."

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I rank each of the Cavs and Warriors top 5 players in the entire NBA. It illustrates the difference, to me, between a super-team and a great team with the best player.

LeBron - 1
Kyrie - 12
Love - 30
JR - 75
TT - 80

Durant - 2
Curry - 3
Klay - 13
Green - 15
Iguodala - 45 (Iggy was much higher last season, but has dropped off so far this season)

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. As Mecca pointed out, the Cavs have the best player in the world, 2 all star caliber players and the highest payroll in the league. That's a super team.

As she has also pointed out, just because the Cavs got "out super teamed" by the Warriors, doesn't mean they aren't a "super team."

So you would label the Bulls as a super team?

At the end of the day, its just a label with a different threshold to different people, that doesn't mean anything.

I think we all agree that the Cavs have enough talent on their roster to be a title or bust team with no excuses available for not getting it done.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I rank each of the Cavs and Warriors top 5 players in the entire NBA. It illustrates the difference, to me, between a super-team and a great team with the best player.

LeBron - 1
Kyrie - 12
Love - 30
JR - 75
TT - 80

Durant - 2
Curry - 3
Klay - 13
Green - 15
Iguodala - 45

Never seen someone disrespect K-Love to the level you just did.