• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are The GSW and CLE super teams good or bad for the NBA?

Is it good that the Cavs and Warriors are heavy favorites to meet again the Finals or is it bad?

• Good- more interest in the NBA

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Bad- would prefer more parity

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is avg 22 and 11. He's a borderline top 20 player IMO. Yeah he struggled in his first 2 years in Cleveland but now he's playing great ball again. He was a top 15 player in Minnesota but fell off a bit in his first two years in Cleveland but now he's back to playing damn good basketball.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen someone disrespect K-Love to the level you just did.
LeBron, Durant, Curry, Russ, Kawhi, Harden, Cp3, Davis, PG13, Butler, Cousins, Kyrie, Klay, Aldridge, Lowry, Green, Melo, Griffin, Damian, Giannis, Wall, Hayward, Horford

Ok, I'll amend him to 25. Where would you have him?

I ranked the top 15, then got lazy, and tried to ballpark the rest.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would label the Bulls as a super team?

At the end of the day, its just a label with a different threshold to different people, that doesn't mean anything.

I think we all agree that the Cavs have enough talent on their roster to be a title or bust team with no excuses available for not getting it done.

Yes, I would. They had MJ, 2 other hall of famers in Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman. Not to mention other all star caliber players like Horace Grant and Ron Harper.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is avg 22 and 11. He's a borderline top 20 player IMO. Yeah he struggled in his first 2 years in Cleveland but now he's playing great ball again. He was a top 15 player in Minnesota but fell off a bit in his first two years in Cleveland but now he's back to playing damn good basketball.

I agree. I have defended him more than anyone on here these last few years. At times people have acted like he was a role player and I have maintained all along that he is one of the top players in the league. Top-30 is no dig, imo. Half the teams in the league don't even have a single top-30 player.

Its hard to rank him higher than 25, though. Who of those guys I listed would you put him over?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I have defended him more than anyone on here these last few years. At times people have acted like he was a role player and I have maintained all along that he is one of the top players in the league. Top-30 is no dig, imo. Half the teams in the league don't even have a single top-30 player.

Its hard to rank him higher than 25, though. Who of those guys I listed would you put him over?

Who would you rank 16-25?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron, Durant, Curry, Russ, Kawhi, Harden, Cp3, Davis, PG13, Butler, Cousins, Kyrie, Klay, Aldridge, Lowry, Green, Melo, Griffin, Damian, Giannis, Wall, Hayward, Horford

Ok, I'll amend him to 25. Where would you have him?

I ranked the top 15, then got lazy, and tried to ballpark the rest.

I would rank him above Horford IMO. That's probably it from this list.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 25 in order:

1) Lebron
2) Durant
3) Curry
4) Westbrook
5) AD
6) Leonard
7) Harden
8) Cousins
9) CP3
10) PG
11) Kyrie
12) Giannis
13) Aldridge
14) KAT
15) Thompson
16) Butler
17) Griffin
18) Dame
19) Gasol
20) Green
21) Melo
22) Love
23) Lowry
24) Wall
25) Horford

I based this list mostly off of if I was building a team from scratch to compete this season for a Championship, who would I rank above who.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 25 in order:

1) Lebron
2) Durant
3) Curry
4) Westbrook
5) AD
6) Leonard
7) Harden
8) Cousins
9) CP3
10) PG
11) Kyrie
12) Giannis
13) Aldridge
14) KAT
15) Thompson
16) Butler
17) Griffin
18) Dame
19) Gasol
20) Green
21) Melo
22) Love
23) Lowry
24) Wall
25) Horford

I based this list mostly off of if I was building a team from scratch to compete this season for a Championship, who would I rank above who.

Take off Horford, add Porzingis....

Drop Lowry for Kemba.

Whiteside could be an option. But, I don't see anyone else that should drop.

So, I guess he's #26.

Hayward #27.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 25 in order:

1) Lebron
2) Durant
3) Curry
4) Westbrook
5) AD
6) Leonard
7) Harden
8) Cousins
9) CP3
10) PG
11) Kyrie
12) Giannis
13) Aldridge
14) KAT
15) Thompson
16) Butler
17) Griffin
18) Dame
19) Gasol
20) Green
21) Melo
22) Love
23) Lowry
24) Wall
25) Horford

This list is very good- but of course I have some of my own prefernces- things like dropping Cousins, dropping Alrdidge, adding DeRozan (i think you got too), dropping Gasol, , probably bumping up Lowry since he has been fantastic this year,

1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Westbrook
4. Curry
5. Leonard
6. Harden
7. CP3

that is your first tier. True All-Nba players that you can single handedly build a team around- there arent many- guys like Davis, Giannis, Towns, Kyrie, might someday be up there- but they arent now.

8. Anthony Davis
9. Giannis A.
10. PGeorge
11. K. Irving
12. K. Thompson
13. D. Lillard
14. KAT
15. B. Griffin
16. D. Green
17. J. Butler
18. K. Lowry
19. D. Cousins
20. D. DeRozan
21. A. Drummond
22. M. Gasol
23. J. Wall
24. L. Aldridge

To me- that is your 2nd tier- guys that are "franchise players" but need plenty of help around them in order to be a contending team. Great talents no doubt- but no quite first level guys.

25. K. Love
26. P. Milsap
27. C. Anthony
28. K. Walker
29. G. Heyward
30. R. Gobert
31. K. Porzingis
32. A. Horford
33. I. Thomas
34. N. Batum
35. J. Parker

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I would. They had MJ, 2 other hall of famers in Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman. Not to mention other all star caliber players like Horace Grant and Ron Harper.
what...i am surprised you are calling the Cavs a a super team even though you dont think Kyrie is even a top 6 player at his position...little hypocritical isnt it? LOL

its cool though- when Kyrie makes ANOTHEr all NBA team you will see how wrong you are.

I didnt know the 2nd best player on a SUPER TEAM wouldnt even be top 6 at his position in the NBA. LOL.......

talk about consistency @Mecca- here is a little consistency that needs to be straightened out.

quote from Trojan:

"And yet, he's still the 7th best point guard in the league at best. If Harden is considered a point guard, he becomes the 8th or 9th best point guard.

And, your stats mean nothing. There is a good chance that when all is said and done, Ruseell will be better than Kyrie. He's already just as good on assists, a better rebounder and better defender.

I do think it's pretty hilarious that you now are only comparing Kyrie to a player who is 13 games into his 2nd year. Just shows that you know that Kyrie isn't as good as you want him to be."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so- looking at the big picture

I think the Warriors probably have the 2nd, 4th, 12th, and 16th best players in their "Big 4"....

The Cavs have 1st. 11th and 25th.....you of course get a boost from having LeBron as #1....

where the Cavs make up some ground is the rest of the players....

the rest of the Cavs still have quality players like Tristan Thompson, Jr. Smith, I. Shumpert, C. Frye- guys that do a couple things AMAZINGLY that are primarily there because of how their skill set meshes so well with LeBrons.

the rest of the Warriors is pretty weak- they only have 3 more credible NBA players id feel comfortable playing in the playoffs- in Pachulia, Livingston and Iguadala.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what...i am surprised you are calling the Cavs a a super team even though you dont think Kyrie is even a top 6 player at his position...little hypocritical isnt it? LOL

Not at all. He's an all star caliber player and he's playing with another all star caliber player plus the best player in the game. That constitutes a super team.

What's hypocritical is you calling them a super team and then trying to call me out for agreeing. Nice try even though it resulted in yet another failed post by you.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. He's an all star caliber player and he's playing with another all star caliber player plus the best player in the game. That constitutes a super team.

What's hypocritical is you calling them a super team and then trying to call me out for agreeing. Nice try even though it resulted in yet another failed post by you.
LOL....well when he makes another ALL NBA team itll be funny to try and see you defend him being 7th best at his position in the league then...ohhh man...cracks me up.

I did notice that CSushi's list had Irving as #12 overall in the NBA and 4th at his position in the NBA- right behind the 3 guys i said- CP3, Curry and RW....thats it- thats the whole list.

:suds:

you saw again on Sunday why that is the case. You are just gonna have to accept the fact and move on ....7th at his position? LOL....o man you crack me up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....well when he makes another ALL NBA team itll be funny to try and see you defend him being 7th best at his position in the league then...ohhh man...cracks me up.

I did notice that CSushi's list had Irving as #12 overall in the NBA and 4th at his position in the NBA- right behind the 3 guys i said- CP3, Curry and RW....thats it- thats the whole list.

:suds:

you saw again on Sunday why that is the case. You are just gonna have to accept the fact and move on ....7th at his position? LOL....o man you crack me up.

We'll see if he does or not. Remember the majority of the PG's that would be considered better than him are in the West. So, he's going to look a little better because of his ranking in the East.

And lol @you thinking some guy on a message board having him 4th somehow validates you. Especially when it's not that far off from 7th any way.

Hilarious how you just keep digging holes for yourself. It's also funny how you tried to call me hypocritical while actually proving yourself to be the hypocrite.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know the only 2 teams with multiple players in the top 25 in assists in the NBA are the Warriors and Cavs?

LeBron and Draymond both lead their teams in assists- which is amazing since it basically NEVER happens from non-point guards

both Curry and Irving are tied with 5.8 apg good for 18th in the NBA.

Thats pretty crazy.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its cool though- when Kyrie makes ANOTHEr all NBA team you will see how wrong you are.

I didnt know the 2nd best player on a SUPER TEAM wouldnt even be top 6 at his position in the NBA. LOL.......

talk about consistency @Mecca- here is a little consistency that needs to be straightened out.

quote from Trojan:

"And yet, he's still the 7th best point guard in the league at best. If Harden is considered a point guard, he becomes the 8th or 9th best point guard.

And, your stats mean nothing. There is a good chance that when all is said and done, Ruseell will be better than Kyrie. He's already just as good on assists, a better rebounder and better defender.

I do think it's pretty hilarious that you now are only comparing Kyrie to a player who is 13 games into his 2nd year. Just shows that you know that Kyrie isn't as good as you want him to be."

This will always be a point of debate because everyone has a different interpretation on what a point guard is.

He's a scorer first, 2nd and a facilitator last.

Could he be a top facilitator?

One of them, yes.

But, he doesn't have to because of Bron.

I think ranking the top guards would be interesting.

But, again....what you value most affects where he's ranked.

He and Klay can both score.

Klay is bigger, better defender.

Kyrie has redunkulous handles and makes you look silly when he goes to the rim.

Who's better?

With all that being said, in Today's NBA, both are Super Teams.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see if he does or not. Remember the majority of the PG's that would be considered better than him are in the West. So, he's going to look a little better because of his ranking in the East.

And lol @you thinking some guy on a message board having him 4th somehow validates you. Especially when it's not that far off from 7th any way.

Hilarious how you just keep digging holes for yourself.
First- its a LEAGUE wide award- East/West means nothing

Second- well when he wins it OVER the some of the guys in the East that you rank ahead of him, Lowry, Wall etc. it will only add to the laughter.

i mean- last time i checked Lowry and Wall are in the East right? LOL.....will that help them like its gonna help Kyrie according to you? LOL.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First- its a LEAGUE wide award- East/West means nothing

Second- well when he wins it OVER the some of the guys in the East that you rank ahead of him, Lowry, Wall etc. it will only add to the laughter.

i mean- last time i checked Lowry and Wall are in the East right? LOL.....will that help them like its gonna help Kyrie according to you? LOL.

Still trying to deflect away from calling me hypocritical while proving yourself to be a hypocrite. How about you stick to what was being discussed? You've been warned about this bullshit.