• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are The GSW and CLE super teams good or bad for the NBA?

Is it good that the Cavs and Warriors are heavy favorites to meet again the Finals or is it bad?

• Good- more interest in the NBA

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Bad- would prefer more parity

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's good for the NBA brand as super teams bring in new fans.

I think it's bad for teams trying to become competitive with those super teams.

In other words, it helps the game grow in China but not in current NBA cities much.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This argument again?

You people complaining about this are full of shit!

You must have really hated the NBA in the 90s when the Bulls won it 6 times in 8 years.

Or the 80s when the NBA was the Lakers, Celtics and everybody else.

Anybody who longs for those days while complaining about current "super teams" is full of shit!

BigDGarciaFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for todays game. the Warriors/Cavs game is fixed, rigged, and choreographed. just to attract a TV audience

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for todays game. the Warriors/Cavs game is fixed, rigged, and choreographed. just to attract a TV audience

Normally it's weak to criticize the refs, but this game there was definitely a thumb on the scale against the Warriors. From the no-call tech for LeBron doing the watusi on the rim after a dunk to Jefferson tripping/pushing Durant at the end (no call), Ws got robbed.

That said, mad respect to Kyrie. Everyone knew he was taking the last shot and he made it anyway. The dude is an assassin.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors have always been considered a small market team. Especially compared to teams like the Lakers/Knicks/Bulls, etc.

You are thinking of the 'marquee teams', which indeed are the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, and Celtics. Because of their history. The Warriors history is mostly bad, so they aren't on the list, but their market (Northern CA) is plenty big no matter who 'considers it' otherwise. It's probably the 3rd or 4th biggest market by population.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are thinking of the 'marquee teams', which indeed are the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, and Celtics. Because of their history. The Warriors history is mostly bad, so they aren't on the list, but their market (Northern CA) is plenty big no matter who 'considers it' otherwise. It's probably the 3rd or 4th biggest market by population.

You're right on the marquee teams, but the Warriors aren't mentioned when they talk about big market teams. Although, they are not as big as you thought, nor as small as I thought.

They're actually 6th.

Top 100 Television Markets - Station Index

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally it's weak to criticize the refs, but this game there was definitely a thumb on the scale against the Warriors. From the no-call tech for LeBron doing the watusi on the rim after a dunk to Jefferson tripping/pushing Durant at the end (no call), Ws got robbed.

That said, mad respect to Kyrie. Everyone knew he was taking the last shot and he made it anyway. The dude is an assassin.

Yep giving up a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter they got robbed LOL. You are taking the pussy way out but not surprised just like your boy baby Curry. I think this is what happened again...

reggie-miller-choke.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L The refs did not cost GSW the game. Blowing a 14 point 4th quarter lead cost them the game.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good for finals ratings.

It's awful for the rest of the year.

Nobody gives a fuck

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep giving up a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter they got robbed LOL. You are taking the pussy way out but not surprised just like your boy baby Curry. I think this is what happened again...

reggie-miller-choke.jpg

Oh please, reverse the teams and you would be posting the same thing. See ya in the Finals.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

reggie-miller-choke.jpg

I honestly don't get this.

Why is every comeback a choke job? People would rather talk negative about the Warriors then praise Cleveland. Does not make sense to me.

GS had a 5-6 possession drought that corresponded with the Cavs hot streak. The final minute had 2 very fortunate breaks for Cleveland. 1 should have been a runout dunk for Durant after a stop and a crazy loose ball sequence, but instead Kyrie dug the ball out and scored.

GS had a bad possession trying to run clock (most teams make the same mistake in that situation), Kyrie hit a tough shot that was defended as well as it could have been and then RJ got away with a foul at the end.

It was a great game. Nobody choked, Cleveland just went and got it. End of story.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why is every comeback a choke job? People would rather talk negative about the Warriors then praise Cleveland. Does not make sense to me.

GS had a 5-6 possession drought that corresponded with the Cavs hot streak. The final minute had 2 very fortunate breaks for Cleveland. 1 should have been a runout dunk for Durant after a stop and a crazy loose ball sequence, but instead Kyrie dug the ball out and scored.

GS had a bad possession trying to run clock (most teams make the same mistake in that situation), Kyrie hit a tough shot that was defended as well as it could have been and then RJ got away with a foul at the end.

It was a great game. Nobody choked, Cleveland just went and got it. End of story.

Basically. Everything is a choke job these days. If a superstar miss a shot to tie or win the game in the final seconds then he choked. There's a lot of choking going on weekly in the NBA if this is what people think choking is now

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie cant make a play for others though- cnat play defense....bad fit with LeBron though right? lol.

10 assists, 7 steals and another game winner.

Tell me who you would rather take a game winning shot in the NBA than Kyrie Irving

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
knicks history? lol.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bad only because there are no viable threats. There were viable threats almost always for the Bulls, Kobe/Shaq Lakers, and so on. I'll tell ya what though, the good for the NBA is that I feel like that this is the first Finals in however long, that will be on the level of the Superbowl as far as anticipation goes

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they were even more loaded. It's fun watching greatness, though the Warriors and Cavs are more really good than great. Stack them up man for man against the Showtime Lakers, nowhere close....