• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And the soon to be ex Flyer is?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the sound of it, I doubt that Laughton does not make this team. Apparently he is killing it at camp. Added 14 pounds, is blazing fast, and has improved his shot.

I love to hear this. I've been a bit out of the loop over the last few months, but this is wildly encouraging. I'm sure he will be given every opportunity to make the team if he comes to play and that appears to be the case.

And forget Jagr, this team really needs to move on. Father time is catching up with him, slow but sure.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love to hear this. I've been a bit out of the loop over the last few months, but this is wildly encouraging. I'm sure he will be given every opportunity to make the team if he comes to play and that appears to be the case.

And forget Jagr, this team really needs to move on. Father time is catching up with him, slow but sure.

The Devils and father time agreed on a contract

Jaromir Jagr agrees to one-year deal with New Jersey Devils, source said - ESPN New York

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you 8 lb 6 oz baby jesus for not signing Jagr, no need to get old, keep this team young! Can't wait to see him gas out in the Jersey Dump this year!

Giroux had his best year playing with jagr but i'm really glad he went to the devils and not us because i was cursing jagr up and down for being the slowest player in the NHL. He is a guy at this point who is good for the first half of a season and thats it.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, Gagne will not be resigned.

The only fortunate part about that is that his spot should go to a younger guy. Would like to see Laughton earn it but I think he needs another year to get stronger.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gagne not being re-signed isn't a given yet. If/when the Flyers move Meszaros, they'll have enough cap room to sign him.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer, on Meszaros:

"Last I heard was that he's working out (hopefully with no training injury mishaps this time) and will be ready for the start of camp."

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
weird thought here.. but what if the flyers opted to move coburn instead of mez? yes mez is made of glass but coburn would get a MUCH bigger return. look at it this way.. mez would be off the books next year and we'd be lucky if we got a 5th round draft pick for him. if we trade coburn we would without a doubt get a solid prospect/young young and a good draft pick. only problem with trading coburn is that we would only have two true defensive defensemen (schenn and grossmann)
just a thought

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weird thought here.. but what if the flyers opted to move coburn instead of mez? yes mez is made of glass but coburn would get a MUCH bigger return. look at it this way.. mez would be off the books next year and we'd be lucky if we got a 5th round draft pick for him. if we trade coburn we would without a doubt get a solid prospect/young young and a good draft pick. only problem with trading coburn is that we would only have two true defensive defensemen (schenn and grossmann)
just a thought

Based on the rumors in the off-season, the Flyers pursued that possibility. I can only assume they didn't get an offer to their liking. With Coburn coming off possibly his worst season as a pro, I'm not surprised the offers were underwhelming.

Also, despite Meszaros' bad luck lately, let's not forget he played in 99-100% of the games in 5 of his 8 NHL seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just a thought

This is a risky thought just in case Coburn returns to his best with our two new puck handling goalies. I'd like to see him going north south this season instead of having to scramble in our zone for shifts at a time.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a risky thought just in case Coburn returns to his best with our two new puck handling goalies. I'd like to see him going north south this season instead of having to scramble in our zone for shifts at a time.

Hopefully he bounces back once he returns to the role of defensive defenseman for his pairing. He struggled last year in the role of primary puck carrier.