• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And the soon to be ex Flyer is?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, based on what's been discussed in this thread, the lines will probably look something like this:

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds
Gagne???-Couturier-Read
Rinaldo/Rosehill-Talbot-Hall

...with Laughton, McGinn and Raffl pushing for spots. It's very likely one of those 3 make the team, pushing Hall to the press box. 2 will have to make it if they don't sign Gagne.

Top 3 lines seem pretty good (at least better than my Pens' 3rd line for sure). I think McGinn brings a lot to the team, they should probably find a way to include him on the roster.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3 lines seem pretty good (at least better than my Pens' 3rd line for sure). I think McGinn brings a lot to the team, they should probably find a way to include him on the roster.

Agreed, Doob. Ideally, I'd put McGinn on the 4th line, drop Hall to a healthy scratch, and have Laughton and Raffl start the year in the AHL (unless one of them has a monster camp). I've also read that some experts believe Lecavalier would be better suited playing with faster wingers, which could mean Read on the 2nd line, dropping Simmonds to the 3rd. Or, Simmonds to the 1st and Hartnell to the 3rd. Anyway, you get the idea.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So, based on what's been discussed in this thread, the lines will probably look something like this:

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds
Gagne???-Couturier-Read
Rinaldo/Rosehill-Talbot-Hall

...with Laughton, McGinn and Raffl pushing for spots. It's very likely one of those 3 make the team, pushing Hall to the press box. 2 will have to make it if they don't sign Gagne.

thats pretty much how i have my lines though i included laughton instead of gagne.

defensively:

kimmo/coburn
streit/schenn
gust/grossman

this is assuming they part with mez.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id fully support bringing back Jagr
He was great the last 2 years. Sure he didint score in the Playoffs for the Bruins but for those who watched he was a force out there

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defensively:

kimmo/coburn
streit/schenn
gust/grossman

this is assuming they part with mez.

Yeah, I agree that at this point it looks like Meszaros will probably be the one moved, once he's cleared to play. I was going to post my thoughts on the D pairings as well, until I realized I have no freaking clue what they'll look like... :noidea:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughton isn't old enough to play in the minors next season I don't think. Ahl has a 20 yr old minimum. So it's juniors or flyers next year. I don't think he will get any better with another year in juniors, so I'd prefer he ball out in camp and make the flyers.

I see no need for jagr. I like him a lot, but even if they don't sign gagne the roster is looking rather full. I'd sign gags over jagr, but neither are necessities I don't think.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the sound of it, I doubt that Laughton does not make this team. Apparently he is killing it at camp. Added 14 pounds, is blazing fast, and has improved his shot.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughton isn't old enough to play in the minors next season I don't think. Ahl has a 20 yr old minimum. So it's juniors or flyers next year.

I don't think he will get any better with another year in juniors, so I'd prefer he ball out in camp and make the flyers.

Correct, I forgot that. Thanks for the reminder. He turned 19 in May. And yes, based on that I agree it makes more sense to keep him up with the Flyers if he has a good camp.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From the sound of it, I doubt that Laughton does not make this team. Apparently he is killing it at camp. Added 14 pounds, is blazing fast, and has improved his shot.

thats what i have been hearing, i just really have a good feeling about this kid.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fist-pump-baby.jpeg

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he kills it great then they either don't sign Gags or they are more able to move another guy and potentially upgrade the D. Either way its tough but win/win.

I honestly don't know where you play Jagr I love the guy but in a full season he'd be gassed out by playoffs. He was gassed in a short season he balled it out though.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he kills it great then they either don't sign Gags or they are more able to move another guy and potentially upgrade the D. Either way its tough but win/win.

I honestly don't know where you play Jagr I love the guy but in a full season he'd be gassed out by playoffs. He was gassed in a short season he balled it out though.

So play him so he doesnt get gassed. Rest him every 5th game, dont play back to backs. Him and Giroux were special together and from all accounts he was great in locker room and with young players

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So play him so he doesnt get gassed. Rest him every 5th game, dont play back to backs. Him and Giroux were special together and from all accounts he was great in locker room and with young players

i get what you are saying, but I don't see where 3 million is coming from on this team, let alone what I imagine he wants (4 min)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guaranteed top 6 role is once again the most important thing to jagr i think.. the money aspect is just because he feels 'if you pay me X dollars, you'll have to play me top 6'.. i just don't see the flyers doing that.. they have too many forwards to do that IMO.. plus, if you take him out of the lineup every 5-6-7 games, whatever, that will mess with any rythm he gets going

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone noted this previously, but I just noticed that while Meszaros' cap hit is $4 mil., his actual SALARY for the season is $5.5 mil. This will be another roadblock in their efforts to trade him once he's cleared to play.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone noted this previously, but I just noticed that while Meszaros' cap hit is $4 mil., his actual SALARY for the season is $5.5 mil. This will be another roadblock in their efforts to trade him once he's cleared to play.

.. bummer

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why it will be Mezz and maybe Read for an average player or prospect and picks. they will have to find a tea that nears salary for the floor. Not the 1st time this happens.:doh:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All along I had a feeling it would be Sean Couturier, guess I was wrong. Probably will be Meszaros or Grossman, those guys don't seem to offer much to the team besides being 6th or 7th dmen. Gotta give the Flyers props, their blue line seems to have gotten a lot stronger with the emergence of Oliver Lauridsen & the acquisition of Mark Streit. Will be interesting to see how they perform next season.