• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And the soon to be ex Flyer is?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry I don't see what major piece we're getting back. Can anyone help me?

Plekanec is a legit top 6 guy and I'm pretty sure bealiue (sp?) is a pretty legit prospect. Moen is a solid role guy.

Wouldn't despise that trade, but I haven't seen anything?

Edit: after further exploration, really wouldn't hate that trade at all. I love simmer, but Plekanec is better. Talbot and Moen is essentially a wash unless you expect talbot to score 20 again (I dont) and Beaulieu is a very high quality OFD prospect. An 8 (top 3 nhl dman) on hockeysfuture.

Last edited by a moderator:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look to Mezz to go LTIR. They could start Schenn at AHL again and save about $1.5 on cap. Would be a real shitty move and doubt it would be done. Coburn, Mezz and Grossman fit the cap needed. Would rather give up mezz than other 2. May have to include Read to get someone to bite.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look to Mezz to go LTIR. They could start Schenn at AHL again and save about $1.5 on cap. Would be a real shitty move and doubt it would be done. Coburn, Mezz and Grossman fit the cap needed. Would rather give up mezz than other 2. May have to include Read to get someone to bite.

Mez is healthy isnt he?

I think Coburn is the guy. I just think teams are trying to grab him cheap and Homer is holding out for the best deal he can make.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if this team trades Simmonds I will burn the Wells Fargo center to the ground.
He is everything a real Flyer is. Heart and soul player

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if this team trades Simmonds I will burn the Wells Fargo center to the ground.
He is everything a real Flyer is. Heart and soul player

QFMFT

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do Coburn for Beaulieu, and I would not be crushed if Talbot for Moen happened. Hell, I would actually welcome Plekanec onto the Flyers. But you dont trade Simmonds, especially if it is just for another center. There is not a team in the NHL that wouldnt love to have Simmonds. And this is coming from the guy that does not even really like Simmonds that much.

Last edited by a moderator:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd do Coburn for Beaulieu, and I would not be crushed if Talbot for Moen happened. Hell, I would actually welcome Plekanec onto the Flyers. But you dont trade Simmonds, especially if it is just for another center. There is not a team in the NHL that wouldnt love to have Simmonds. And this is coming from the guy that does not even really like Simmonds that much.

i agree. plekanec may be marginally better than simmonds but he is 30 and wayne is 24. plekanec is smaller and as you stated, another center which we do not need.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the team honestly feels that Laughton is ready to step up to the big club this year -- I would explore the market for Coots. Not saying I'd do it, but I'd definitely see what I might be able to get.

I would explore the trading options as well. If the Flyers believe that they're 1 piece away from being where they want to be I think that Couturier could get them that piece. Maybe they could land a dman like Yandle? I could see Yandle helping the Flyers tremendously.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. Simmer is my favorite player on this team.

As a Penguin fan, I notice that most of the problems we have with the Flyers come from Giroux & Simmonds. Can't stand playing against them, but I really respect what they bring to the ice. Would love to have someone like Simmonds on the Pens, he could hurt you in so many ways.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the way i see it...the flyers are going to have to evaluate couterier and laughton pretty heavily right now. which one do they want to grow with because you just signed 2 other centers for 5 years and neither laughton nor couterier should be subjected to 4th line minutes. whichever one they deem to be expendable i have a feeling gets moved before the season starts, and for a good return back. doesnt mean i have to like it. i think that if i had to choose i would get rid of schenn but since he seems to be the only one that could do something at wing he may be safe.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised to see Laughton on the wing.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised to see Laughton on the wing.

I would not be surprised to see Laughton in the minors! He may need a little more seasoning to get the strength to play in the NHL.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep too early to predict Laughton's career they have time with him so unless he's incredible in camp he won't be playing in Philly this year. I think it will be 3rd line or bust maybe that's why they are in no rush to sign a guy like Gags....they need to see what they have first. Good problem to have.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly Laughton is no lock to make the team. Agreed.

As to Gagne, from Bill Meltzer:

"What's next for the Flyers? The team reportedly has terms agreed upon with Simon Gagne but they first need to clear out salary cap space and eliminate some the roster logjam on defense. The Andrew Ference signing by Edmonton would suggest that the potential Braydon Coburn deal is dead. However, one of Andrej Meszaros, Coburn or Nicklas Grossmann is still likely the one to get traded to get the Flyers back under the cap ceiling prior to the club being able to place Chris Pronger on long-term injured reserve for next season."

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Eklund, who I have less respect for than Bill Meltzer:

"Jagr is back talking to Montreal, but Carolina still is the team to beat...Philly isn't an impossibility if a trade (Cobourn) can be made I was told. Giroux is a HUGE supporter of bringing in Jags."

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From Eklund, who I have less respect for than Bill Meltzer:

"Jagr is back talking to Montreal, but Carolina still is the team to beat...Philly isn't an impossibility if a trade (Cobourn) can be made I was told. Giroux is a HUGE supporter of bringing in Jags."

as much as i love Jagr, i think it is time to move on from that unless he comes ridiculously cheap. time for Giroux to grow with a guy (Voracek) that is going to be with him for more than a year.

also...eklund is a bozo, i think Meltzer is authentic.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as i love Jagr, i think it is time to move on from that unless he comes ridiculously cheap. time for Giroux to grow with a guy (Voracek) that is going to be with him for more than a year.

also...eklund is a bozo, i think Meltzer is authentic.

Agreed how many goals did Jagr have in the playoffs? Time to move on with Jake. I'm definitely cool with Gags but with him on the team I find it hard for Laughton making it unless they want to work on his defensive game on the fourth line? Thanks for the info JBM

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, based on what's been discussed in this thread, the lines will probably look something like this:

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds
Gagne???-Couturier-Read
Rinaldo/Rosehill-Talbot-Hall

...with Laughton, McGinn and Raffl pushing for spots. It's very likely one of those 3 make the team, pushing Hall to the press box. 2 will have to make it if they don't sign Gagne.