• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anatomy of a Winner: Green Bay Packers

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA Opinions are like assholes, everybody has on. Some are just smellier than others :suds:
I'm a Cowboys fan but I have to admit the Packers are a team other franchises should try to emulate.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to the original post, the Detroit Red Wings and St. Louis Cardinals are built the same way as the Packers and look at the sustained success both franchises have had in their respective sports. That recipe is not exclusive to football.

There are some additional criteria for building through the draft though. You got to hit big on a draft pick or two to get the ball rolling and the guys you do hit on need to be retained through their prime.

Reactions: GNG

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you miss the 70's and 80's? Because you did go 20 years with shitty QBs.

After how many years of bad Bear QBs you still have Cutler. This is with changing GMs a few times and coaches and what not. 20 years ago the Packers figured out how to get it done and as coaches changed and as GMs have changed they are still a quality organization. We have had GMs that know how to keep a quality QB and are always looking to develop new ones. In 2 or 3 years when Hundly is the next Aaron Rodgers maybe the Bears can give a few first round draft pics to get him to replace Cutler

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After how many years of bad Bear QBs you still have Cutler. This is with changing GMs a few times and coaches and what not. 20 years ago the Packers figured out how to get it done and as coaches changed and as GMs have changed they are still a quality organization. We have had GMs that know how to keep a quality QB and are always looking to develop new ones. In 2 or 3 years when Hundly is the next Aaron Rodgers maybe the Bears can give a few first round draft pics to get him to replace Cutler
Cutler always was an interception machine.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LoL. It is your turn, then it's not your turn to get lucky. Enjoy it because it won't last. Never does. Your organization has drafted 1 great QB in a hundred years. Wow.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet in 2013 where rodgers was out half the year, packers still won the division.. "Rodgers to Cobb"... remember? I know you do.

Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears, Minnesota Vikings.

Not too tough to win that division.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm wrong? Bears not relevant lololol. Bears are the NFL. Now explain to me how I'm wrong.

Going on 40 years since the Bears were relevant......unless you count handing Peyton Manning his only SB ring.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm wrong? Bears not relevant lololol. Bears are the NFL. Now explain to me how I'm wrong.
The Bears last won their only SB in 1985. That organization is a train wreck.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LoL. It is your turn, then it's not your turn to get lucky. Enjoy it because it won't last. Never does. Your organization has drafted 1 great QB in a hundred years. Wow.

Are you referring to Aaron Rodgers or Bart Starr?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo, noon, here's an FYI for you. After the Packers sweep the Bears this year, the all time series will be tied, then Bear's fans will have nothing to hang their hats on....nothing...damn, that's got to suck

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you referring to Aaron Rodgers or Bart Starr?

Noon has a point, without Rodgers Packers would not have the continued success of 6 straight playoff appearances they have enjoyed, but it would not be as bleak a picture as he paints either as with the ups and downs Packers would be drafting much higher and for a team that uses draft and develop philosophy that would help immensely.

Packers have also drafted Brunnell and Hasselback in last 25 years, so not as though Packers have been inept in drafting QBs like another team in the NFC North. IMO either would have been capable of taking Packers to a Super Bowl if they had had a chance at full time career as starter in Green Bay.

Noon has let out his frustrations some how.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo, noon, here's an FYI for you. After the Packers sweep the Bears this year, the all time series will be tied, then Bear's fans will have nothing to hang their hats on....nothing...damn, that's got to suck

I am not going to put any game into the win column until game is over. And considering it is not even the preseason, too much can happen before the opener at the Bears that could impact the game.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to put any game into the win column until game is over. And considering it is not even the preseason, too much can happen before the opener at the Bears that could impact the game.
Just trying to get noon going....

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you miss the 70's and 80's? Because you did go 20 years with shitty QBs.

Well right...because current management was around during the 70's and 80's...

And for the record... Lynn Dickey was a pretty damn good QB in the 80's.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also dont forget the Magic Man #7 Don Majkowski or however you spell his name so there was Dickey, Majkowski, Brunnel, Hasselbeck and then the Super Stars Favre and Rodgers and now we will have to see how Hundley turns out. That group is a bit better than the bears since their last Super Bowl.

The Bears would have been better with any of those QBs compared to how many different QBs have they had Since Favre started in GB?