• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After 4 weeks

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To early in the season to look real hard at those type of stats (imho), but at this time the Packs first 6 games looks to have been just a little, and I mean little bit tougher. All of this means nothing though, Denver is a tough place to play.

You may be right regarding these teams' opponents BUT Green Bay has played 4 of 6 games at home and the Broncos have played 4 of 6 game on the road. In my mind, that evens things out a bit. This should be a really good game Sunday night. Good luck to both teams.

LambeauRambo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right regarding these teams' opponents BUT Green Bay has played 4 of 6 games at home and the Broncos have played 4 of 6 game on the road. In my mind, that evens things out a bit. This should be a really good game Sunday night. Good luck to both teams.

Oh I agree, that's why I said just a little tougher. Both of these teams are almost unbeatable at home. And while the bye week came for both teams the same week and both needed it, sometimes that bye week can throw off the timing a little. Will be interesting to see if the Packer offense can get on track in the first quarter, if not it could be a long night with the home crowd against them.
Are you in the Denver area? If so I'm wondering what the weather forecast is for Sunday night? I see some national forecasts but local is always better. THX

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree, that's why I said just a little tougher. Both of these teams are almost unbeatable at home. And while the bye week came for both teams the same week and both needed it, sometimes that bye week can throw off the timing a little. Will be interesting to see if the Packer offense can get on track in the first quarter, if not it could be a long night with the home crowd against them.
Are you in the Denver area? If so I'm wondering what the weather forecast is for Sunday night? I see some national forecasts but local is always better. THX

I do live in Denver. Right now the forecast is for sunny and 67 degrees. Pretty typical for this time of year. In fact, it's usually always sunny and relatively warm all winter long. Most people don't realize that.

I don't see the Broncos blowing out the Packers. Their offense just isn't right. I could however see the Packers blowing out the Broncos. The great equalizer could be home field. I penciled this game in my calendar the day the schedule came out. It should be a great game. Two awesome defenses on the field as well.

LambeauRambo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do live in Denver. Right now the forecast is for sunny and 67 degrees. Pretty typical for this time of year. In fact, it's usually always sunny and relatively warm all winter long. Most people don't realize that.

I don't see the Broncos blowing out the Packers. Their offense just isn't right. I could however see the Packers blowing out the Broncos. The great equalizer could be home field. I penciled this game in my calendar the day the schedule came out. It should be a great game. Two awesome defenses on the field as well.

Thanks for the local update! I know the weather there, just that you can get 3 feet of snow one day and then it's 78* the next with all the water running down the streets. I lived there for 8 months in 1976, I70 and Zuni, right down the road from Mile High, that was a terrible neighbor hood when I returned in 1981. Got lucky and found a place in Lakewood at that time. Stayed until late 1983. Still have a lot of friends there. Good luck and let's hope both teams come out healthy, I just hate the serious injuries no matter the team or player.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering if any of you Packer fans would be willing to do a little back and forth questions to try and get to know each other's teams a bit more. The national media seems to only focus on the big name guys that will play but many times it is the unknown guys that seem to make that play that swings the game. Anyway I always enjoy trying to get to know some of the other teams that we especially don't see very often.

LambeauRambo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering if any of you Packer fans would be willing to do a little back and forth questions to try and get to know each other's teams a bit more. The national media seems to only focus on the big name guys that will play but many times it is the unknown guys that seem to make that play that swings the game. Anyway I always enjoy trying to get to know some of the other teams that we especially don't see very often.

Sure, count me in. Just to let you know though, my posts are still going through the moderator so sometimes they show up in an hour, other times it takes quite awhile to see them up. Questions? I'm right down the street from Lambeau and listen to most of the local radio shows. For a small city we have one FM station, 24 hour sports talk, that has local sports talk from 5am to 11am and then again from 4pm to 6pm. Mon-Fri. Plus pregame shows for 3 hours and 2-3hours of post game shows during the NFL season. That's an insane 50 hours per week of mostly football talk at a local level for a game that lasts about 3-3.5 hours!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, count me in. Just to let you know though, my posts are still going through the moderator so sometimes they show up in an hour, other times it takes quite awhile to see them up. Questions? I'm right down the street from Lambeau and listen to most of the local radio shows. For a small city we have one FM station, 24 hour sports talk, that has local sports talk from 5am to 11am and then again from 4pm to 6pm. Mon-Fri. Plus pregame shows for 3 hours and 2-3hours of post game shows during the NFL season. That's an insane 50 hours per week of mostly football talk at a local level for a game that lasts about 3-3.5 hours!!

Awesome! Well then you are just the person to ask...

1) Who are some smaller named players that have really played above expectations that we should be watching out for?

2) What would you say is the weakness of your offense? Defense?

3) If you were a team playing the Packers how would you go about attacking them?

4) How has Rodgers done this year against the Blitz? The Broncos have been one of the top blitzing teams so just wondering if that would even be a good idea.

5) How do you think the Packers attack the Broncos on offense and defense?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill play too if thats ok...

1) Who are some smaller named players that have really played above expectations that we should be watching out for? Montgomery, Randall and Rollins are the obvious choices here

2) What would you say is the weakness of your offense? Consistency, the run game and red zone efficiency Defense? We can still be soft up the middle sometimes and we tend to allow alot of underneath passes which can lead to long sustained drives.

3) If you were a team playing the Packers how would you go about attacking them? I would dink and dunk much like what Rivers did but its dangerous because one sack or penalty can kill that kind of drive.

4) How has Rodgers done this year against the Blitz? The Broncos have been one of the top blitzing teams so just wondering if that would even be a good idea. I can only find a report done before the season but Rodgers was one of the least blitzed QBs but was 5th best when blitzed. If the blitz doesnt get home het will pick your defense apart. Although that was with our full arsenal of weapons which we do not currently have.

5) How do you think the Packers attack the Broncos on offense and defense? Quick passes and a commitment to the run game. Not saying I think we can run well against you guys just say that we have to maintain balance to keep your edge rushers honest.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Appreciate the response. I was a huge Rollins fan in the draft this past year. The guy has huge upside so the fact that he is producing year 1 for you guys is just down right scary.

LambeauRambo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Who are some smaller named players that have really played above expectations that we should be watching out for?

2) What would you say is the weakness of your offense? Defense?

3) If you were a team playing the Packers how would you go about attacking them?

4) How has Rodgers done this year against the Blitz? The Broncos have been one of the top blitzing teams so just wondering if that would even be a good idea.

5) How do you think the Packers attack the Broncos on offense and defense?
Well these are MY opinions and may differ with other Packer fans but here goes.

1. I'm sure I'll miss one or two but Chris Banjo has really stepped up filling in in the secondary and on special teams, he's been with the team for a while but hasn't made a big name for himself. James Starks also has been with the team but not starting over Lacy at running back. They are two different types of runners but Starks has stepped in with Lacy having an ankle injury. Backup fullback Ripkowski has really played well on special teams, he holds his lanes very well and can make up space when needed. With a lot of injuries at the receiver spots fullback John Kuhn has come in in multi back sets and played nicely. Rookie corners Randall and Rollins are playing great for 1st year guys.

2. Weakness on offense has largely been because of injuries. Losing Nelson has almost eliminated the deep threat, doesn't seem to be anyone to stretch the field to open the rest of the field. Then Adams and Cobb (both WR's) have been injured. Tightend Quarles is injured and out for now. Richard Rodgers (TE) has shown a flash now and then but not consistent. On defense again it's been injuries that have weakened it. The interior line has lost several players to injury or suspensions. All are returning on a weekly basis, nothing season ending so far. (X fingers).

3. How to attack the defense has a lot to do with #2 above and I will add some to it. Against San Diego the Pack continued to rush 5-6 without getting to the QB enough. I don't know why they did this all game long because the secondary was getting it's ass kicked. The linebackers can be taken advantage of whether in man or zone coverage, but you have to be careful with Matthews roaming around he can make you pay for it if you go at him one time to many.
Attacking the offense. Well keeping Rodgers in the pocket and getting to him quickly. If they rush goes by him and he gets lose he can kill you with his feet or throwing on the run. If WR's Adams and Cobb are at 90% and play that will help allow James Jones to get lose down field. If the Broncs can shut those guys down I'm guessing that McCarthy will have Rodgers targeting TE Richard Rodgers and hope he doesn't drop a bunch of balls. Running game will depend on Lacy's health. Starks is a bruising back but not as bruising as Lacy. Starks hits the holes quicker, Lacy will use the zone blocking to reach the second level, where Starks will try and blow into it.

4. Blitz and Rodgers. Again, it has to be quick and contain him or he'll make you pay big time.

5. On offense it will depend a lot on who is healthy at wide outs. Dink and dunk for 4-8 yards to beat the rush make them pull back and then go deeper. On defense, from what I hear is that Denver's line is not at the top of its game at this point, if Raji is back and stuffing everything up front and forcing Manning to throw I think you will see Capers unleash Matthews and it could be a long night for Manning.

Having said all of this it will make no difference if there is one major player go down with an injury and that goes for both teams, it can really throw everything into the unknown

One thing I will add about the surprise of the year. Our special teams. After the last few seasons it seems to be a blessing what they have done so far. The best kick coverage in 10 years! The only sore spot has been punting, a few shanks and shorts now and then, but at least no blocked kick this year, last year was a disaster with blocked kicks and punts.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. I'm sure I'll miss one or two but Chris Banjo has really stepped up filling in in the secondary and on special teams, he's been with the team for a while but hasn't made a big name for himself. James Starks also has been with the team but not starting over Lacy at running back. They are two different types of runners but Starks has stepped in with Lacy having an ankle injury. Backup fullback Ripkowski has really played well on special teams, he holds his lanes very well and can make up space when needed. With a lot of injuries at the receiver spots fullback John Kuhn has come in in multi back sets and played nicely. Rookie corners Randall and Rollins are playing great for 1st year guys.

2. Weakness on offense has largely been because of injuries. Losing Nelson has almost eliminated the deep threat, doesn't seem to be anyone to stretch the field to open the rest of the field. Then Adams and Cobb (both WR's) have been injured. Tightend Quarles is injured and out for now. Richard Rodgers (TE) has shown a flash now and then but not consistent. On defense again it's been injuries that have weakened it. The interior line has lost several players to injury or suspensions. All are returning on a weekly basis, nothing season ending so far. (X fingers).

3. How to attack the defense has a lot to do with #2 above and I will add some to it. Against San Diego the Pack continued to rush 5-6 without getting to the QB enough. I don't know why they did this all game long because the secondary was getting it's ass kicked. The linebackers can be taken advantage of whether in man or zone coverage, but you have to be careful with Matthews roaming around he can make you pay for it if you go at him one time to many.
Attacking the offense. Well keeping Rodgers in the pocket and getting to him quickly. If they rush goes by him and he gets lose he can kill you with his feet or throwing on the run. If WR's Adams and Cobb are at 90% and play that will help allow James Jones to get lose down field. If the Broncs can shut those guys down I'm guessing that McCarthy will have Rodgers targeting TE Richard Rodgers and hope he doesn't drop a bunch of balls. Running game will depend on Lacy's health. Starks is a bruising back but not as bruising as Lacy. Starks hits the holes quicker, Lacy will use the zone blocking to reach the second level, where Starks will try and blow into it.

4. Blitz and Rodgers. Again, it has to be quick and contain him or he'll make you pay big time.

5. On offense it will depend a lot on who is healthy at wide outs. Dink and dunk for 4-8 yards to beat the rush make them pull back and then go deeper. On defense, from what I hear is that Denver's line is not at the top of its game at this point, if Raji is back and stuffing everything up front and forcing Manning to throw I think you will see Capers unleash Matthews and it could be a long night for Manning.

Having said all of this it will make no difference if there is one major player go down with an injury and that goes for both teams, it can really throw everything into the unknown

One thing I will add about the surprise of the year. Our special teams. After the last few seasons it seems to be a blessing what they have done so far. The best kick coverage in 10 years! The only sore spot has been punting, a few shanks and shorts now and then, but at least no blocked kick this year, last year was a disaster with blocked kicks and punts.
Good call here with Ripkowski. Cant believe I left him out. Hes been fantastic

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the answers from both of you.

LambeauRambo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call here with Ripkowski. Cant believe I left him out. Hes been fantastic

As I forgot Montgomery. Seems that we have quite a few that have just played real good when needed and in big plays, not making obvious mistakes that stand out. It's nice when the plays you remember from them are for good plays, it's always easier to remember a muffed catch on an onside kick, a missed field goal, 4th and 28, well you know what I mean.

LambeauRambo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jeeze, I must need a beer. LOOSE, not lose.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I forgot Montgomery. Seems that we have quite a few that have just played real good when needed and in big plays, not making obvious mistakes that stand out. It's nice when the plays you remember from them are for good plays, it's always easier to remember a muffed catch on an onside kick, a missed field goal, 4th and 28, well you know what I mean.

I do indeed. I will never forgot the Jerry Rice fumble that should have ended the game before the stupid catch by TO.

LambeauRambo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh oh, they are reporting locally that Starks has some type of hip injury and sat out practice. No word yet on the extent of the injury. Hips can be bad, large bone area, lack of blood flow in the area because most rushes down into the thighs and calf area.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know for sure is they got their shit packed by the Broncos...and if they don't take it out on the Panthers this team is fools gold

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only 1 game...but this team has some things it needs to address in a hurry...

the WRs need to be able to win and get open quick to get teams off the blitz
the D needs to stop the run...especially outside...I'm so tired of the OLB not pressing the edge and making the back cut back inside that I want to punch Capers in the face for not making that a priority
the young guys need to handle their assignments...Richard Rodgers missing a block early on the safety comes to mind...all those little mistakes add up to big issues
2 guys on D really need to get their shit together...Hayward and Palmer...they just seem lost, not decisive in what they're supposed to be doing and they're going to get picked on constantly if they don't get it down...now...as in right now

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Shields and Rollins didn't help.

We need them back for Cam next week.

LambeauRambo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total embarrassment. I think only second to last years NFC CG. Offense has stunk for the last three games, Defense has struggled when needed to stop teams. Only good thing I saw tonight was the commercial with Ditka wearing a Packer's sweater!