• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Wilson to the Steelers. Make Pickett earn it. If he can beat Wilson out for the job (lol) he's earned it. We add the right pieces and Tomlin can fuck our hopes in the ass by mismanaging a much-improved team.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s huge holes up and down the Bengals roster. It’s been a pleasure Higgins.
Higgins is going nowhere. He's playing for the Bengals in '24. He knows it. The Bengals know it. Everyone knows it. Bates tagged...played. Williams tagged...played. There's just no leverage for the player - and Tee coming off a so-so year and missing multiple games to injury could use a good year to hit the market.

He'll skip camp, like everyone else has, and then be there when the season opener drops. This is a big nothing burger.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Wilson to the Steelers. Make Pickett earn it. If he can beat Wilson out for the job (lol) he's earned it. We add the right pieces and Tomlin can fuck our hopes in the ass by mismanaging a much-improved team.

26 TD's to 8 INT's is a lot better than what Steelers QB's did last season. If he can replicate that with the Steelers they are in good shape.
He's good enough to keep Tomlin's winning season streaks going. I'm doubtful that he's more than that.... And given the way he rubbed some of his teammates in his former stops, I'm looking forward to his interactions with Pickens.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's good enough to keep Tomlin's winning season streaks going. I'm doubtful that he's more than that.... And given the way he rubbed some of his teammates in his former stops, I'm looking forward to his interactions with Pickens.
Arthur Smith revived Tanney's career with the Titans.

I can only imagine what he can do with RW.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to some former GM's turned analysts that isn't all that unusual for elite QB's. Heard that recently.

But, the analyst did say it usually isn't made public.

Until Wilson arriving in Denver I had never heard of something like that. He lost alotta fans here in CO. It made him look like he thought he was too good to be with the team. Not my words, my bro-n-law's. He's a lifelong Broncos fan.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Jerry Jeudy for Tee Higgins seems legit to me.
Not happening.

Bengals simply do not trade their tags. I'd be shocked if this happened. Bates was tagged. He played. Williams was tagged. He played. Higgins is tagged - he'll play.

Unless some team is going to bowl them over with a mega offer (think 1st round pick) - I don't see it. Just not how the Bengals have done things. They can easily carry the cap from Higgins this year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not happening.

Bengals simply do not trade their tags. I'd be shocked if this happened. Bates was tagged. He played. Williams was tagged. He played. Higgins is tagged - he'll play.

Unless some team is going to bowl them over with a mega offer (think 1st round pick) - I don't see it. Just not how the Bengals have done things. They can easily carry the cap from Higgins this year.

Of course a trade like that wouldn't happen. And I forgot they tagged him.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course a trade like that wouldn't happen. And I forgot they tagged him.
Media just ran with the story because he requested a trade.

So did Williams.

I think Bates did, but it wasn't public - but there were rumblings behind the scenes.

I mean - who doesn't get tagged and request a trade? It's really the only leverage players have. The tag is not perfect - there needs to be a way to find a better compromise for teams that draft well to keep their guys, but also allow players to cash in on good early years. I don't know the answer...but the tag isn't really it. NFLPA should have pushed harder to get rid of the tag as part of the 18 game agreement, IMO. That was their best leverage point - and they didn't even include it.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon to Houston
Haven't seen what it is - but I'd likely say it's a 6th or 7th...which is fine. Something is better than nothing - and it allows Mixon to keep his restructured contract, which has to feel like a win for him.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a terrible deal. Best fit for both given how the free agent market panned out
Just imagine '19 Lamar with '20 Henry......scariest run game ever

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a terrible deal. Best fit for both given how the free agent market panned out
Just imagine '19 Lamar with '20 Henry......scariest run game ever
SO true and even today can still be pretty scary. Henry won't be relied upon to run 25+ times a game and when needed he will get the tough yards. It pains me to say this, that is a good deal for the Ravens. :suds:

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO true and even today can still be pretty scary. Henry won't be relied upon to run 25+ times a game and when needed he will get the tough yards. It pains me to say this, that is a good deal for the Ravens. :suds:

Yup and Lamar will throw less which saddens me…..